Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giants V Catalan

Go down 
+8
adelaide-giant.no9
Shogun
Ivor C&G Scarf
reidy
LizzyHook2
ponner
bostock
Mandy Giants Fan
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 10:23 am

Just letting you know this has been moved.

Was it because we played well at Wigan?

link
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:49 am

Mandy Giants Fan wrote:

link
bloody hell,on holiday don't get back until the sunday. Mad
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 12:45 pm

Typical eh
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 12:46 pm

bostock wrote:
Mandy Giants Fan wrote:

link
Does that mean i'm keeping you updated with the score again then? Wink
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
LizzyHook2

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Thanks For That   Giants V Catalan EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:19 pm

Thanks For That Yhu Lot Good Job I Saw It Coz Other Wise Id Be Going On The Wrong Day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:23 pm

ponner wrote:
bostock wrote:
Mandy Giants Fan wrote:

link
Does that mean i'm keeping you updated with the score again then? Wink
no i will sky plus it. lol! cheers
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 7:37 pm

LizzyHook2 wrote:
Thanks For That Yhu Lot Good Job I Saw It Coz Other Wise Id Be Going On The Wrong Day Very Happy

Nah, we'd remind ya!
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:23 pm

LizzyHook2 wrote:

Welcome, LizzyHook2.

May I direct you to this page, please?
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:23 pm

Sky have a total disregard for the fans in planning (or not planning). It upsets fans plans made weeks before to get to games during the holiday period.
Sky should announce the full TV schedule at the start of the season, not with so many (TBA) as most games are closely contested it makes no difference which teams they pick regarding having the play offs in mind.
And from a crowd point of view at Huddersfield Sat night on Sky they must be brain dead.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:05 pm

Shogun wrote:
Sky have a total disregard for the fans in planning (or not planning). It upsets fans plans made weeks before to get to games during the holiday period.
Sky should announce the full TV schedule at the start of the season, not with so many (TBA) as most games are closely contested it makes no difference which teams they pick regarding having the play offs in mind.
And from a crowd point of view at Huddersfield Sat night on Sky they must be brain dead.

They are brain dead.Would you employ Stevo? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 7:14 am

reidy@work wrote:
Shogun wrote:

Stevo is brilliant!
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:51 pm

great sky game .. at least i can watch it Laughing
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 2:07 pm

Sturl wrote:
reidy@work wrote:
Shogun wrote:

Stevo is brilliant!

At being a dork he is!

Don't get me wrong, Stevo has done loads for RL, but he appears somewhat biased and writes many teams off before the game has started. Then he changes his story half way through the game.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 5:00 pm

Aussie commentators seem to have a different approach, compared to ours, and I prefer the Aussies.
Yes they will mention a bad decision by the ref, but not as often as ours do, and unlike Stevo they don`t refer to them as "merry whistle blowers" 15 times a game.
The Aussies appear to me to have a more technical (moves wise) knowledge than our lot.
But ATEOTD I don`t mind our gang as Stevo lives and breathes our game and is a good ambassador for the sport even though he does not always come accross that way on TV.
They will all do for me. clown
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 5:06 pm

I don`t think it will be up to Eddie And Stevo which matches Sky televise. They may have some input, but I think any decision will come from elsewhere as Eddie and Stevo will be aware how low our crowd will be, with it being Catalan/Sat night/our poor form this season.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 9:43 pm

Sturl wrote:
reidy@work wrote:
Shogun wrote:

Stevo is brilliant!

But not at commentating sadly, in fact you dont get a commentary, you get a lecture and unfortunately It's the same one every week. His biggest drawback is the way he makes instant decisions and if they are wrong ( which they often are ) he will spend the rest of the match trying to prove he is right.
He was a decent player at Dewsbury, and I think he is good for League, but not as a commentator, Obviously Sky are happy with him, and they own the game so we have him until they say we dont.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 12:07 am

even his son craig say's he is rubbish. Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 8:16 am

I have to disagree, i think the chemistry between Stevo and Eddie is fantastic. Watch the BBC doing rugby league and you get Ray French ejaculating in his pants every time someone passes a ball (especially if its Saints) or Jonathan (clearly Union is his fav code) Davies and his droning monotone Weslh accent. They never disagree with the ref, never talk controversy and just sit and lick each others backsides. Then that lesbian who Robbie Paul was supposed to be bedding, i mean come on. It took me months before i realised she wasn't a man.

But no, with Eddie you get the fair and very clever commentary, Stevo butts in every now and again and adds a bit of humour often disagreeing with the entire stadium and invariably losing his swimming pool in yet another daft bet. Then you have Phil Clarke who is perhaps one of the cleverest minds involved in the game today (except when Wigan play he sort of gets biased) Barry Mac, who really does very little except add an element of humour in a way only he can. And in those i genuinely feel Sky have found the perfect concoction of commentary and humour which is seperated from any other i have seen and which makes for great viewing and discussion.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 9:00 am

Stevo is the only one i'd get rid of personally. Replace his position with Barrie Mac and it would be alot better imo.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 1:59 pm

ponner wrote:
Stevo is the only one i'd get rid of personally. Replace his position with Barrie Mac and it would be alot better imo.
agree,but get rid of o'coner as well. Laughing
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:51 pm

Sturl wrote:
I have to disagree, i think the chemistry between Stevo and Eddie is fantastic. Watch the BBC doing rugby league and you get Ray French ejaculating in his pants every time someone passes a ball (especially if its Saints) or Jonathan (clearly Union is his fav code) Davies and his droning monotone Weslh accent. They never disagree with the ref, never talk controversy and just sit and lick each others backsides. Then that lesbian who Robbie Paul was supposed to be bedding, i mean come on. It took me months before i realised she wasn't a man.

But no, with Eddie you get the fair and very clever commentary, Stevo butts in every now and again and adds a bit of humour often disagreeing with the entire stadium and invariably losing his swimming pool in yet another daft bet. Then you have Phil Clarke who is perhaps one of the cleverest minds involved in the game today (except when Wigan play he sort of gets biased) Barry Mac, who really does very little except add an element of humour in a way only he can. And in those i genuinely feel Sky have found the perfect concoction of commentary and humour which is seperated from any other i have seen and which makes for great viewing and discussion.

But this is supposed to be a serious game, not some second rate comedy show. The BBC and uncle Eddie reduced it to that all them years ago, and it took a long time to shake that image off. On the field by and large the game is as professional as any other, It's time Sky got their act together and got a team who are professional to present it. I won't even comment on the BBC, as they are light years behind everyone in every department, Except to say i disagree with you about Clair Balding, I think she talks the game up as positively as she can every chance she gets, which makes a nice change from Inverdale and the like. Whether she is a Lesbian or not i dont know, nor do i care , as long as she pushes League she will do for me.
Much as i dislike Union and all it stands for , other than on the field it leaves League for dead, they know how to promote the game, they know which palms to cross to get maximum publicity, and they know how to put it across on TV so much better than League, In a million years they wouldn't entertain the Laural and Hardy act that Sky use to present Rugby league .
Back to top Go down
CA
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 95

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 6:32 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
But this is supposed to be a serious game, not some second rate comedy show. The BBC and uncle Eddie reduced it to that all them years ago, and it took a long time to shake that image off.
Totally agree although Stevo seems to be being pushed out more and more.
I also wish they would try to stop picking the England squad. Picking their favorite names who play in a top club with other quality players backing them up. Prima donna's who play for themselves.
Back to top Go down

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 7:23 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Sturl wrote:

But this is supposed to be a serious game, not some second rate comedy show. The BBC and uncle Eddie reduced it to that all them years ago, and it took a long time to shake that image off. On the field by and large the game is as professional as any other, It's time Sky got their act together and got a team who are professional to present it. I won't even comment on the BBC, as they are light years behind everyone in every department, Except to say i disagree with you about Clair Balding, I think she talks the game up as positively as she can every chance she gets, which makes a nice change from Inverdale and the like. Whether she is a Lesbian or not i dont know, nor do i care , as long as she pushes League she will do for me.
Much as i dislike Union and all it stands for , other than on the field it leaves League for dead, they know how to promote the game, they know which palms to cross to get maximum publicity, and they know how to put it across on TV so much better than League, In a million years they wouldn't entertain the Laural and Hardy act that Sky use to present Rugby league .

Dont agree Laurie and ill tell you why.
It is a serious game but lets not forget its a sport and that is supposed to promote enjoyment which of course humour is part of.
For years the game has been in decline, only recently have the crowds started to pick up - This may or may not be partly down to the games on Sky and that people have seen in fact its beyond the seriousness of football and is actually a family, enjoyable yet humorous game.
Sky have chosen as their commentators some of the best players of modern times, the BBC has two muppets and a woman.
Union leaving league for dead has nothing to do with the way our game is portrayed it is a class difference mate.

The thing is watching RL on Sky for me is enjoyable, it adds a third dimension, a dimension that challenges the official at a time where it is frowned upon to do so. It adds an element of impartiality in the second most corrupt sport in Britain (after Boxing) Its great to hear Eddie thinking one thing yet Stevo thinking another, imo it reaches out to the fans and gives everyone a voice.

Sky is the future of the TV and largly they are the future of our game. I think we should be with them, not against them.
Back to top Go down
CA
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 95

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 7:43 pm

Sturl wrote:

iSky is the future of the TV and largly they are the future of our game. I think we should be with them, not against them.
I agree that sky is the future but I wish the commentary was as good as NRL.
Stevo goes on and on and on.
Back to top Go down

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 8:22 pm

CA wrote:
Sturl wrote:

iSky is the future of the TV and largly they are the future of our game. I think we should be with them, not against them.
I agree that sky is the future but I wish the commentary was as good as NRL.
Stevo goes on and on and on.

Ha ha, now that i agree with!

He does go on a bit!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Giants V Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants V Catalan   Giants V Catalan Empty

Back to top Go down

Giants V Catalan
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next