Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catalan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Catalan   Catalan EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:47 pm

They didn't look too impressive on Monday but it was lashing down, They still created enough chances to bury Bradford if they had taken them , and we know how that feels. Just glanced on the other board, It seems Fai-alogo is out yet again, Shouldn't affect us that much , as we seem to play most games without him.

We need a big show from them to banish the debacle in Wales, and the less than convincing show against Salford, from our memories, They generally do ok over there , lets hope they keep it up, they definitely seem to get up for the better sides, Except from Wigan who we should have beaton had we taken out chances, all our losses have come against lesser sides, I know Cas are going fairly well, but to be honest they should not be in our class.

Anyway good luck to them a win will keep our reputation growing.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catalan   Catalan EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Squad - Scott Grix Michael Lawrence Leroy Cudjoe Lee Gilmour David Hodgson Kevin Brown Danny Brough Eorl Crabtree Luke Robinson Darrell Griffin Luke O’Donnell David Faiumu Shaun Lunt Andy Raleigh Larne Patrick Graeme Horne Jermaine McGillvary Jamie Simpson Dale Ferguson

The Wrexham failures ^ have been given another chance.No idea what team he will send out.

It was difficult to read much into that game last Monday,first off because the pictures went down,and when they came back the heavy rain made it just a mistakeathon between the two sides.

You would think we'll be too strong for Catalans up front in the final reckoning,but it's another case of - if we are not right up for this game we could walk off as losers.

Henderson is a constant threat to any side out of dummy half,creating summat out of nowt.Dureau gets the outside backs moving.Greenshields is a big loss to them linking in.Bosc's kicking game.I'm starting to get worried.Need to keep a good watch on Jean-Phillipe Baille at left centre too.

Should be a great game.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catalan   Catalan EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Catalan away with such a short turn around is a big ask after the Easter weekend. I can see us slipping up. Our only advantage is a few of the lads only played one of the Easter fixtures.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catalan   Catalan EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Out of that squad my team would be

Fullback
Grix

Wings
Mcgillvary, Cudjo

Centre's
Lawrence, Gllmoure

Halves
Brown, Brough

L Forward

Faiumu

Second row
L Odonnell, D Ferguson

Front row
D Griffin, S Lunt, A Raliegh.

Bench
Patrick, Crabtree, L Robinson, G Horne
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catalan   Catalan EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 6:56 pm

matt01 wrote:
Catalan away with such a short turn around is a big ask after the Easter weekend. I can see us slipping up. Our only advantage is a few of the lads only played one of the Easter fixtures.

Isn't this where our big squad starts to pay off Matt. I'm just glad we aren't playing one of the so called easy beats.

Wish i was going, had a great time last time i went
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catalan   Catalan EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:03 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
matt01 wrote:

Isn't this where our big squad starts to pay off Matt. I'm just glad we aren't playing one of the so called easy beats.

Wish i was going, had a great time last time i went
You're right Bo. Lets hope it can cope. We will have used about 25 players over this period, I bet there aren't many teams who can do that, but can we make it 2 out 3 wins? I still think it is a big ask, as Catalan are no easy beats especially on their own turf.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catalan   Catalan EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:07 pm

I think the side will be:
1. Grix
2. Simpson
3. Lawrence
4. Cudjoe
5. Jerry
6. Brown
7. Brough
8. Griffin
9. Robinson
10. Crabtree
11. Fergie
12. LOD
13. Gilmour

Subs: Faiumu, Raleigh, Lunt, Horne
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catalan   Catalan EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:29 pm

Would be happy to see Simpson back on the left wing,but he needs to stop coming up with basic errors and start getting some consistency into his play.

Dave Hodgson,not quite the player he was.At his best top class.

Larne for Andy R on the bench for mine,sorry,just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catalan   Catalan EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:33 pm

defleppard wrote:
Would be happy to see Simpson back on the left wing,but he needs to stop coming up with basic errors and start getting some consistency into his play.

I think it will be a tough one between Patrick, Raleigh and Horne. Larne might get in just because he didn't play against Salford.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catalan   Catalan EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:38 pm

matt01 wrote:
defleppard wrote:

I think it will be a tough one between Patrick, Raleigh and Horne. Larne might get in just because he didn't play against Salford.

Larne looked like he had an off day at Wrexham,deserved to be left out v Salford.Larne though has the years on Andy who has run through brick walls in the past for us without doubt imho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catalan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catalan   Catalan Empty

Back to top Go down

Catalan
Page 1 of 1