Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2012 squad

Go down 
+3
matt01
Giantdee
giantsfan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
giantsfan
Ballboy
Ballboy
giantsfan

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-03-01

2012 squad  Empty
PostSubject: 2012 squad    2012 squad  EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:40 am

this is our squad so far
grix
lawrence
cudjoe
gilmour
mcgillvary
brown
brough
crabtree
robinson
mason
o'donnell
fa'alogo
faiumu
luntpatrick
ferguson
wardle
chan
lee
george
murphy
tonks
fairbank
walker
molly
cording
sarsfield
dawson
eden
johnson
orwell
peltier
simpson

is this a squad that can win silver wear. are we gonna go for more signings.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

2012 squad  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 squad    2012 squad  EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:54 pm

I don't think we will see another big signing unless someone else goes - Simpson did not deliver what was hoped last year, the development of Wardle and signings of George & Murphy seem to put him well down the pecking order. Who would sign him from us? Not sure as he takes up a valuable overseas slot.

Can we compete for honours - I would say yes. Will we? That will need a few changes from last year in terms of approach and keeping players fit, I also believe at least one of Walker, Tonks and Orwell need to step up big time.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

2012 squad  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 squad    2012 squad  EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:49 pm

Brown said no more signings, so unless someone leaves then I guess this is the hand we have been given.

Can it deliver silverware? Yes. It isn;t up there with Wigan or Wire, but on our day we can beat anyone and just as Leeds did it this year we could next.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

2012 squad  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 squad    2012 squad  EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Much depends on how well LOD & Fa'alogo make the transition up to prop.

When it came to crunch time last year our props got totally dominated by Wigan,Warrington & Leeds.

One of Tonks/Walker/Orwell having a big impact would be a huge bonus.Chan might make a lot of difference to our attack wider out.

There were problems when we shifted the ball wide last year imo,so it's not just about the props,though it's forwards win you the games.

I trust they have learned the lesson about peaking too soon and having no energy left when it matters.The fans also need to show some patience in the opening rounds of the season if we do lose some games,especially with a few players returning after operations.

Challenge Cup might be the best bet for silverware,but then you need a bit of luck with the draw.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

2012 squad  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 squad    2012 squad  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:48 am

Been there --many times !
Got the T shirt --so whlist we have some good lads --its all down to the support and up and coming to deliver around them !

Strategy used last season DIDNT work so a completely new concept is required IMO and thats down to coach / board / players --definitely not us KNOW NOWTS !

So I`ll watch and wait but recent events arent getting me too excited Im afraid !(and it seems by the number of posts on here a fair few others as well)

I`ll be there --supporting ---and hope to be surprisingly delighted !

.......and await the reasoning that Ive come to detest !

" We dont want to hit the ground running --we want to leave that to the business end of the season
( sadly then its all catch up)
"We started too well and had nothing left" (Why)
"We had a lot of key men injured " (then there wasnt strength in depth - just numbers)
" Regrettably some didnt deliver /often enough / consistently " (so instead release some that did )

what a pile o ball taps!

No really cant see us setting the world alight --but no doubt someone will provide hope!

BO?? OS ?? Ponner???DG??
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

2012 squad  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 squad    2012 squad  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:51 pm

penninegiant wrote:
Been there --many times !
Got the T shirt --so whlist we have some good lads --its all down to the support and up and coming to deliver around them !

Strategy used last season DIDNT work so a completely new concept is required IMO and thats down to coach / board / players --definitely not us KNOW NOWTS !

So I`ll watch and wait but recent events arent getting me too excited Im afraid !(and it seems by the number of posts on here a fair few others as well)

I`ll be there --supporting ---and hope to be surprisingly delighted !

.......and await the reasoning that Ive come to detest !

" We dont want to hit the ground running --we want to leave that to the business end of the season
"We had a lot of key men injured " (then there wasnt strength in depth - just numbers)
" Regrettably some didnt deliver /often enough / consistently " (so instead release some that did )

what a pile o ball taps!

No really cant see us setting the world alight --but no doubt someone will provide hope!

BO?? OS ?? Ponner???DG??

Could have been me that wrote that PG, But then again I'm just a cynical old bugger like you .

Incidental i have something for you next time i see you, 3 framed photos (about 12"x10") of the 53 final, 2 different shots of Ramsden scoring and one of him being shouldered off, Keep them yourself, or they would make great raffle prises next time you run one of your bus trips, ( this year to Wembley would be nice)
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

2012 squad  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 squad    2012 squad  EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:48 am

Unfortunately though the above is exactly what did happen whether we like it,detest it or otherwise.We had nothing left to give when it mattered in that play off series.If we don't get an official version of why it happened then as fans we can only speculate.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

2012 squad  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 squad    2012 squad  EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 11:30 am

defleppard wrote:

Unfortunately though the above is exactly what did happen whether we like it,detest it or otherwise.We had nothing left to give when it mattered in that play off series.If we don't get an official version of why it happened then as fans we can only speculate.

Sums it up in a nutshell DL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2012 squad  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 squad    2012 squad  Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 squad
Page 1 of 1