Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

squad for Catalan.

Go down 
+7
penninegiant
FLYINGPROP
Old School
Giantdee
Mable_syrup
CJ
giantsfan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
giantsfan
Ballboy
Ballboy
giantsfan

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-03-01

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:29 pm

my squad

Grix
McGillvary
Cudjoe
Lawrence
Hodgson
Brown
Robbinson
Crabtree
Lunt
Griffin
Gilmour
Fa'alogo
Faiumu

bench
Wood
Mason
Patrick
Raleigh

that would be mine if they all fit.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Ballboy
Ballboy
CJ

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-05-13

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:40 pm

My squad

Cudjoe
McGillvary
Wardle
Lawrence
Hodgson
Brown
Grix
Mason
Lunt
Griffin
Gilmour
Fa'alogo
Faiumu

Bench
Raleigh
Crabtree
Patrick
Robinson

As usual picked a big side to play against a big opposition

Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-11-30

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:15 am

if as Brown said he is picking on form, Leroy should not be in this weeks team. His kicking game was awful, the kick to touch that went behind the in-goal line was terrible, it's almost as if he has done no practicing as Brough was 1st choice. not good enough.
Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:20 am

Grix
McGilvary
Wardle
Lawrence
Hodgson

Brown
Wood

Crabtree
Robinson
Griffin
Gilmour
Ferguson
Fa'alogo

Raleigh
Lunt
Faiumu
Patrick

But this wont happen....
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 6:35 pm

If NB is really picking on form Leroy should be playing centre. Leroy made some errors last week but also looked the most likely to do something special. He is way ahead of Wardle at this tme, way ahead.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:58 pm

How right you are mable.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:12 pm

So Leroy should be dropped for kicking off out on the full (despite Korkidas appearing to touch it). Does the same apply to Hodgey (Cas home) or Danny Brough (Cas away, Catalans away and numerous others in his year and a bit at the Giants)?

There has not been the same demand to drop Kev Brown, but his performance was absolutely dreadful and it was little to do with an injured sternum but bad decisions.

Kev has been a marvelous player for us and rightly deserves some leeway. So does Leroy, but it seems like some folk just dont like him.

I believe that Joe Wardle is a fine prospect and I believe will become a very good player. Leroy is already a game changer, a player that can do that something special to turn a big match. He has done so several times already and is still in the early days of his career. You don't win anything without some players capable of the extraordinary in high pressure matches. Joe Wardle may become one of those, Leroy is one of them now.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Leroy played standoff against Cas could Browny drop his captain after a stinker at Wakey? Is Kev Brown an international standoff? I am not convinced he is consistent and confident enough. Not sure he in the same class as the likes of Chase at Cas or Even Briers at Wire (much as I can't stand him).
Just wondered what others thought and not just based on the Wakey game ta
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Personally.............................................?
I still elieve KB is a CENTRE !

and I do not think the captaincy sits comfy on his shoulders -full stop

Like "that pass" --I think at times he tries TOO HARD -and comes unstuck

I would play him at centre in an unfettered role --and would have given Gilmore or Faiumu the captains job

My opinion only!

(ducks below the parapet) Wink
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:16 am

I like Kev at stand off. Sets up most of our close range tries when he runs across the line and then pops out the pass to the winger.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:03 am

yeah -you and NB both --so thats where he`ll be playing!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:39 am

Giantdee wrote:
So Leroy should be dropped for kicking off out on the full (despite Korkidas appearing to touch it). Does the same apply to Hodgey (Cas home) or Danny Brough (Cas away, Catalans away and numerous others in his year and a bit at the Giants)?

There has not been the same demand to drop Kev Brown, but his performance was absolutely dreadful and it was little to do with an injured sternum but bad decisions.
agreed, but coach Brown said players would be picked on form this week, for me leroy and kev would not be playing if that was the case, but a coach will have favourites and will drop those he least favours, its human nature. Its not right, but its natural. for me he'll take the easy way out blame the forwards (as we have lots who could come back in) and not the backs ( as we dont have lots to come back in) and not blame the loss on a poor gameplan, which should have been to play the game in the wakey 20 and get them to make a mistake, not throwing it about like summer weather rugby.
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:07 pm

I think that given leroys fabulous season last year people are expecting him to have improved by the same amount again and be some sort of genius - he has only just gone 22 FFS ! Leroy had a poor game - BUT every one on the team played below par last week and by that token ALL should be dropped. I dont think that these sorts of comments are going to help him to improve but will only put more pressure on him.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:53 pm

Brown is very much a Breirs type player, when he is running at the line he can be very good, but as always it depends on the forwards giving them a chance, very few shine from the back foot. Leroys best position for me is on the wing, but then we all have our opinions, each one as valid as the next. It seems to me that we are missing Brough to keep turning the opposing pack around, but then I'm a big Brough fan so that may be colouring my opinion. End of the day It's what N Brown thinks that counts, but It's still interesting to get everyone's opinions.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:22 pm

When Kev first moved to stand off I was doubtful it was his best position, but I was wrong and he is one of the best British stand offs around. Ok he has his off days, but overall I am glad he is lining up for us and not against us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

squad for Catalan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: squad for Catalan.   squad for Catalan. Empty

Back to top Go down

squad for Catalan.
Page 1 of 1