Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brown looking towards the door

Go down 
+12
FLYINGPROP
DobbyMufc
BO JANGLES
reidy
Gem Bob
adelaide-giant.no9
penninegiant
dannablue
Giant-Dragon
defleppard
matt01
Pharmergibbs
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:00 am

defleppard wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

I'm not one of these that reckon only Aussies are any good at rugby league, but K Davy may well feel differently and go for another one, personally i would like to see Anderson get a shot at the job, There have been a few good English coaches, and i get the feeling he may be another.

I t will be a big decision for KD to make, he will certainly not want to see us go backwards as a club, Personally i would like to see Anderson given a shot, but i admit it is a gamble, I well remember J sharp. For me the biggest asset for a coach to have is the ability to motivate a team and get players to believe in themselves, I think NB has improved the players individually,( some of them a tremendous amount ) as well as collectively. Maybe Anderson will also have that skill. all will be revealed in the fullness of time.

'Fraid it's a fact that of recent British coaches -

Cullen - blobbed at Warrington,replaced by Lowes who plumbed them to new depths.
McNamara turned out to be a poor head coach at Bradford.
McDermott at Leeds this season,some of the defence is shocking.
R Agar at Hull FC - has achieved very little,taken them backwards in many ways.
As well as in the recent past Noble bowing out of Wigan followed by an assistant NRL coach getting them the SL title in his first season.

Paul Anderson could be different who knows,but as you say BO it's a gamble.

Well i agree that the game has gone all Aussie the last few years, and maybe the reason ( as gem says ) is that clubs under pressure from fans can't wait long enough for the results to come, Maybe the reason for the shortage of quality SOs over the years is down to the same thing.

I think you are being a bit harsh on B Noble to be fair, Most people regard him as having taken Wigan from the foot of the table to a playoff spot, may have been a bit of jiggery pokery with the cap i agree, But N Brown will be a few years before he enjoys the kind of success that Noble has had. none of which you mentioned.

To be fair to you though, i tend to think further back than you ( i suspect I'm a lot older ) and i would love to get back to them sort of days, when we used to beat the Aussies, They are not and never have been Supermen, Although i would love to see some of them that played for Fartown in the 50s again , they would still be class today, The big difference in the two is ,that just at the time our game was declining, money was starting to flood into the Aussie game and they have used that money wisely.

Sorry if that's a bit off topic but the point i was trying to make is , there is no law says that to be good at League, either player or coach, you have to be a Aussie
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:16 am

Brit coaching might be back on the agenda next season if Anderson is indeed moved up at ours,and also Wane is given his chance at Wigan.

Another Brit who might take over a head coaching position in the near future is Purtill at Saints.
Back to top Go down
yorkieboy
yorkieboy

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:35 am

penninegiant wrote:
Me , Bo, and SG have waited a bloody sight longer than 5 years believe me Gem!! Wink

Not been supporting Fartown as long as your good self, but also a sight longer than 5 years, first game for me was December 1959, and would have loved to have seen the great side of the early 50's that you guys would probably had the great pleasure of watching.

Oh to see Kev Brown emulating Pat Devery, walking down the steps from the Royal Box at Wembley proudly holding aloft the challenge Cup
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:47 am

yorkieboy wrote:
penninegiant wrote:
Me , Bo, and SG have waited a bloody sight longer than 5 years believe me Gem!! Wink

Not been supporting Fartown as long as your good self, but also a sight longer than 5 years, first game for me was December 1959, and would have loved to have seen the great side of the early 50's that you guys would probably had the great pleasure of watching.

Oh to see Kev Brown emulating Pat Devery, walking down the steps from the Royal Box at Wembley proudly holding aloft the challenge Cup

It's still a long time to be supporting them, and you will have seen the best of the likes of Smails, Bowman, Close and Spanky dyson and such, Also the great Trinity side of the Sixties. PG ! well i think they used to change his nappies on the big terrace Very Happy
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:01 pm

yorkieboy wrote:
penninegiant wrote:

Frankly --That still wrankles Yorky
Damn well should have been YOUR day -as well as another for me!!
WE just didnt read the script did we !!?? Sad
Back to top Go down
yorkieboy
yorkieboy

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:49 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
yorkieboy wrote:
penninegiant wrote:

It's still a long time to be supporting them, and you will have seen the best of the likes of Smails, Bowman, Close and Spanky dyson and such, Also the great Trinity side of the Sixties. PG ! well i think they used to change his nappies on the big terrace Very Happy

Yes I got to see the good times for Spanky, Tommy Smales, my boyhood hero, etc

Trinity were indeed a great side in the 60's, especially in May 1962 at Wembley, bloody Neil Fox and his drop goals, and dear old Spanky could not have bought a goal that day, if my memory is not playing tricks with me I think he missed 5 attempts at goal that day. But then fast forward a7 days to the Championship final at Odsal, when our beloved Fartown beat Trinity 14-5 to deny them all four cups, a week is a long time in Rugby League.
Back to top Go down
yorkieboy
yorkieboy

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:56 pm

penninegiant wrote:
yorkieboy wrote:
penninegiant wrote:

Frankly --That still wrankles Yorky
Damn well should have been YOUR day -as well as another for me!!
WE just didnt read the script did we !!?? Sad

Our time will come PG, one day when we once again win the Cup and hopefully the Grand Final, even if I have to write the script me sen, and get the players word perfect.
pray
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:59 pm

adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
watching the show nrl live on fox tonight, and brown was the viwers favouriite in a poll to take the job at penrith

on the sat afternoon show they asked all the presneters.. tallis, wiz and john morris the injured sharks player "the question" all of them said brown was going to penrith.. it seems to be common knowledge out here

not sure what wages brown gets at fartown, but sheens turned down 2 million from penrith for a 3 year deal..if brown is offered the same then its a no brainer for me
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:35 pm

watching the show nrl live on fox tonight, and brown was the viwers favouriite in a poll to take the job at penrith

on the sat afternoon show they asked all the presneters.. tallis, wiz and john morris the injured sharks player "the question" all of them said brown was going to penrith.. it seems to be common knowledge out here

not sure what wages brown gets at fartown, but sheens turned down 2 million from penrith for a 3 year deal..if brown is offered the same then its a no brainer for me

Have read a few stories that suggest Penrith are struggling financially, and there seems to be some unrest amongst the players with Matty Elliott's treatment/departure. Is this true? If so NB must like a challenge. That said if he is homesick then he aint no good to us here, shame though as he has done a good job (present blip apart obviously).

Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:26 am

Brown has done a good job and we have improved no end as a club, the disappointing thing is that we still haven't won anything. I really thought we were gonna do it against Wire in the C/Cup final but we were so dissapointing on the day.
What hoodoo do we have over us that means we cannot get over that finish line?
If Brown stays or leaves hope we get some silverware at the end of this season, if he goes get Anderson in, British coach who won't get homesick and maybe the answer to our missing silverware?
Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:51 am

I hear what you are saying and i have had this discussion with various people, but i'm not sure he is 'technical' enough and do worry he is of the old school bradford mentality of 'our forwards are bigger than yours' and try to smash people off the park and having no plan B, rather than the good stuff we play today. I know we need a strong pack, and we have one, but the flair we can show is great to watch. I am worried that would stop. never thought i'd say it, but Millward would do a good job and has been great everywhere he has been, bar Wigan. I can understand people not wanting him though
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:00 am

I can understand the Cheerleaders not wanting him Mable!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:11 am

The only English coach i'd be happy with is Baloo as he will have picked up an Oz coaching mentality over the last few years. If he doesn't want the job then i'd be wanting another youngish Oz coach wanting to make a name for himself. It worked for Tony Smith, it worked for Nathan Brown and now if Brown leaves i'll be ready to welcome the next Sheila. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Dad came home from work today to tell me that apparantly Nathan will be leaving in 2 weeks. Probably no truth into it, but it does make me wonder.
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:25 am

Giant-Dragon wrote:
Dad came home from work today to tell me that apparantly Nathan will be leaving in 2 weeks. Probably no truth into it, but it does make me wonder.

Stranger things have happened GD, you never know. Would explain the complete lack of effort....... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:28 am

reidy wrote:
Giant-Dragon wrote:

Stranger things have happened GD, you never know. Would explain the complete lack of effort....... Neutral

yes.. it was even pointed out to me on Sunday that Danny Brough replaced Nathan for the end of match interview... isnt that supposed to be for the coach?
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:10 am

he is just waiting to say goodbye before he joins phil gould at the panthers
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:38 pm

he is just waiting to say goodbye before he joins phil gould at the panthers

What, you mean thats it, he's going early? Neutral
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 5:53 pm

On Boots N All said Nathan has said he will make an announcement within the next 2 weeks, didnt say he was leaving.

Also mentioned Brian Noble may be looking to get back into Super League.

Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Noble is at Halifax as an assistant isn't he?
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Meltham Giant wrote:
Noble is at Halifax as an assistant isn't he?
I think he'll do that job at Halifax until a coaching job turns up.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brown looking towards the door
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2