Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hodgson shown the door

Go down 
+2
FLYINGPROP
Pharmergibbs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Hodgson shown the door Empty
PostSubject: Hodgson shown the door   Hodgson shown the door EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Giants release Elliot Hodgson. Another up and coming Elliot (Gorman) coming up through the ranks. Wonder if he will get a chance? also strange in the examiner that Eden was not mentioned as a full back.

Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Hodgson shown the door   Hodgson shown the door EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:19 pm

My gast is flabbered yet again, is this the same Elliot Hodgson that won man of match in game away at Saints where he was actually given a chance.
I would say to all the young kids don't come to the Giants cos you gonna rot in the reserves for 3 seasons then be chucked out!!!!
Apart from Cudjoe and Lawrence who is now struggling IMO, who have we actually brought thru our youth system? It's shocking compared to the likes of Leeds, Saints, Wigan ect.
Not sure which way the club is heading at present but not in the direction I would of liked to have seen em, would of loved to see a first team containing , Keal Carlisle, Greg McNally, Adam Walker, Elliot Hodgson, Kyle Walker and the rest who haven't been given a fair crack of the whip.
Disappointed!!!!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Hodgson shown the door   Hodgson shown the door EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:35 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
My gast is flabbered yet again, is this the same Elliot Hodgson that won man of match in game away at Saints where he was actually given a chance.
I would say to all the young kids don't come to the Giants cos you gonna rot in the reserves for 3 seasons then be chucked out!!!!
Apart from Cudjoe and Lawrence who is now struggling IMO, who have we actually brought thru our youth system? It's shocking compared to the likes of Leeds, Saints, Wigan ect.
Not sure which way the club is heading at present but not in the direction I would of liked to have seen em, would of loved to see a first team containing , Keal Carlisle, Greg McNally, Adam Walker, Elliot Hodgson, Kyle Walker and the rest who haven't been given a fair crack of the whip.
Disappointed!!!!

Ironically, my brother in law & I were discussing what was happening wi' this youngster just yesterday.
Says alot really doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Hodgson shown the door   Hodgson shown the door EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Huddersfield have never produced youngsters in numbers in their entire history as far as i remember, however i think it's supposed to be a part of the franchise system now , so they should be doing a lot better than they are,There are times when i think i will never go to watch them again, there is so much that disappoints me about them as a club, How can so many promising youngsters fail so badly as ours do. Half of the latest crop we have signed will be lucky to ever see a first team game.
Maybe there are so many people doing so many jobs,demonstrating to the RFL what a well run club they are ,they have forgotten that we need people to teach the youngsters how to play.
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Hodgson shown the door   Hodgson shown the door EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:00 pm

Maybe in the end he simply was not good enough, same as Mcnally. if they are not shining in the reserves then perhaps both were the right decisions. Dont get me wrong, I really want to see youngsters coming through but I am sure if they are good enough they will make it like Cudjoe, Jerry and Bruno. Keal had health problems despite his good showing on the first day last season. Time will tell but I would wager that none will make it big.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Hodgson shown the door   Hodgson shown the door EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:12 pm

I agree Pharmer, Nathan has given more young lads a chance than Sharp or Smith did at Fartown. Elliot showed promise in that game against Saints, but for whatever reason never really kicked on. Perhaps the club held him back, if so now he will hopefully have the opportunity elsewhere. We have Crabtree, Cudjoe, Lawrence and Jerry in the first 17 who are academy products. Then we have Wardle and Lunt who are/were young lads that we have given a chance to. Keal was doing well before his health problems and is now being given a second chance with HKR. Of course things could be better, but like most things, the academy has improved so much in the last few years. Still more can and should be done.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256

PostSubject: Re: Hodgson shown the door   Hodgson shown the door EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:19 pm

I saw him in reserves a few times and he didn't shine!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hodgson shown the door   Hodgson shown the door Empty

Back to top Go down

Hodgson shown the door
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: