Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kev commits to Giants

Go down 
+3
DYSON28
Clock-Face-Giant
ponner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Kev commits to Giants Empty
PostSubject: Kev commits to Giants   Kev commits to Giants EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:11 am

Huddersfield Giants in form half back Kevin Brown has secured his foreseeable future as a Giant with the signing of a contract until the end of the 2015 season.

The 25 year old had no hesitation is agreeing the deal and explained his reasons to www.giantsrl.com

“The club was there for me back midseason in 2007 when I had to move on and it’s definitely been the best thing to happen to me. I absolutely love it at Huddersfield and can see great things ahead of us both this year and in the future. It feels great to be part of such an ambitious club and one that has included me in its long term plans and I can only see us getting better and better over time.”

“Of course I will be disappointed to see Nathan Brown move on at the end of the year but I know that the Clubs process will ensure that we get a new Head Coach that will continue to take us forward. I have heard lots of rumours surrounding me so when I approached Richard (Thewlis, Managing Director) a while back he said whilst we both knew there was nothing in it, why not make a statement to everyone that I see my career as being a Giants player and one that the club wants to build a champion team around.

"This was music to my ears really. I had already got two more years at the club which I was happy to honour so to stick three more on top of those is fantastic news for me and my family.”

Giants Managing Director Richard Thewlis commented:

“Kevin is viewed as an integral and vitally important part of our organisation. He has grown into a highly influential figure in the club and a leader of the future in my opinion. I was delighted to see him get the international recognition that we believe he thoroughly deserves and I for one hope to see him on that plane to Australia at the end of the year with the England touring team.

"His partnership at our club with Danny Brough given their respective contract terms gives us stability in a key area for the long term and I was only too happy to take Nathan Browns advice that Kevin should be given longer terms as he views him as having the potential to become even better and a player that will simply improve with age and experience. “

Nathan Brown commented:

“My advice to the club regarding Kevin is that he is a super player now who will continue to develop. Halves with such skill as Kev has are hard to come by in the modern game so the natural thing to do is build around him, Danny (Brough) and Luke (Robinson) as the future of the club so I am pleased for everyone that he has committed his long term future to the Huddersfield Giants.”
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Clock-Face-Giant

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Kev commits to Giants   Kev commits to Giants EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:24 am

Fantastic news
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Kev commits to Giants   Kev commits to Giants EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:32 am

Brilliant news glad this one has worked out would of been gutted if we let him go, think we realised how much we needed him after his injury last year !
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Kev commits to Giants   Kev commits to Giants EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:45 pm

Yes that is good news, I must admit that i didn't see him as a SO at all, and he struggled there for a while, but he has improved greatly and proved me well wrong, His game has developed well, and as the article says with him and brough long term men we are well placed for a few years, I would like to see Lunt and Robinson signed as well, Maybe they will be.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Kev commits to Giants   Kev commits to Giants EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Awesome news! Feels great to be a giants fan when a player wants to commit to the club!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Kev commits to Giants   Kev commits to Giants EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Great news. He is a quality player. Originally I thought his best position was centre, but like Bo I was wrong. He defends well, runs well and he has a hand in so many of our tries. He has also developed a clever chip kick.

With Brown, Brough and Robinson all signed up long term, the future is looking very promising. Just Lunt to go.
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Kev commits to Giants   Kev commits to Giants EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Best news I've heard all week!

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Clock-Face-Giant

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Kev commits to Giants   Kev commits to Giants EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:12 am

I think the key to future success has got to be stability and i feel more confident that we are tying these players down IMO if we can get lunt to commit as well, Give Baloo a 3 yr contract as head coach with an experienced no 2 ( get purtill back) and sit back and reap the rewards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kev commits to Giants   Kev commits to Giants Empty

Back to top Go down

Kev commits to Giants
Page 1 of 1