Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Giants try

Go down 
+7
matt01
penninegiant
Gem Bob
adelaide-giant.no9
reidy
Giants4life
ponner
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:18 pm

What's the best Giants try you've ever seen?
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Giants4life
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Giants4life

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Stanley Gene's solo try against widnes Vikings. He evaded three players and scored with his well known forward-roll.

Link below

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=78W3qY4c0BY
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd_dYv5BGmk

Rocket Rod Jenson 2007 V Wire has to be amongst the top 20
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjj57kTM63I&feature=related

Leroy in last seasons play-off V Wire again
Back to top Go down
Giants4life
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Giants4life

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Larne Patrick's try at Leeds in 2010.

Search Larne Patrick try in to YouTube

(the video is by hg1158)

(added by reidy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7VyOryGqm0&feature=related )
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:07 pm

i remember a try straight after half time in the 30-0 win at cougar park in 95...not sure if it was kebbie or reynilds
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Brad Drew's 100m try some years ago.

Anyone else remember it? Can't remember the opponent, just remember him running the full length of the pitch with a whole team chasing him after a lovely interception.

Classic.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:19 pm

Gem Bob wrote:

Anyone else remember it? Can't remember the opponent, just remember him running the full length of the pitch with a whole team chasing him after a lovely interception.

Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w5reHfAZRo

Smiler posted this on Youtube.
It was 2005 against Wigan and his first try for the club. He was on oxygen straight after lol!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:45 pm

oh my goodnight ! hard to choose -- but a Mike Sullivan special at Fartown was unbelievable and wehilst iy was some 40 odd years ago its clear to this day
Sadly not caught on film -- but it went like this :-

Full back of opposition made a long range kick for touch in corner
Sulli scorched back and stopped it going into touch
Ran it out from about 10 yards out
Handed off first two opponents who tried to tackle him and got up some pace
Swerved and sidestepped past some more advancing would be tacklers
Then as rearguard defence approached he pur a deft kick over the top - found a way through - caught it on the full (no bounce) and went in under the sticks

Try picture it ! - and if my description meets your visualisation -- youre right!!
UNBELIEVABLE !!
Think it was aginst Rochdale Hornets (as was) -and wonder if Bo and Scorpio wre there!!
It was a gem
Wally Gibson and Peter Cramp also scored similar that were brilliant --and Costins two full length tries before he left were gems too!!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:39 pm

adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
i remember a try straight after half time in the 30-0 win at cougar park in 95...not sure if it was kebbie or reynilds
It was Brimmah Kebbie cos when he put the ball down he carried on running into the crowd where I was the last person up against the wall that stopped him.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 8:22 am

reidy wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:

Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w5reHfAZRo

Smiler posted this on Youtube.
It was 2005 against Wigan and his first try for the club. He was on oxygen straight after lol!! Best Giants try 789248

Thats the one mate, love it!

Best Giants try 793373
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:12 pm

ponner wrote:
adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
It was Brimmah Kebbie cos when he put the ball down he carried on running into the crowd where I was the last person up against the wall that stopped him.
Loved that game, oh the days when a win over Keighley was the best thing since sliced bread and now look at us. Kebbie scored some crackers in his time, but used to love Wally's chip over defence to collect himself and score.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 8:33 pm

A couple spring to mind as being memorable...

Two which were scored at the Premiership Final in 1997 against Hull FC - Craig Weston kicked the ball, it bounced off the post pads to be caught and scored - cannot remember the scorer but his kick was angled perfectly!

The other was Andy Cheetham doing a fruit bat impression to score in the corner!

I also remember one which I think was at Keighley - Adrian Toole, he was on the line and they tried to hold him out, as he went down his head hit the posts face on but he stretched out his arm around the post and put down the ball over the line.

Have seen many tries which were fantastic but isnt it funny how some stick in your mind more than others.
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:00 pm

dannablue wrote:

Two which were scored at the Premiership Final in 1997 against Hull FC - Craig Weston kicked the ball, it bounced off the post pads to be caught and scored - cannot remember the scorer but his kick was angled perfectly!

The other was Andy Cheetham doing a fruit bat impression to score in the corner!

I also remember one which I think was at Keighley - Adrian Toole, he was on the line and they tried to hold him out, as he went down his head hit the posts face on but he stretched out his arm around the post and put down the ball over the line.

Have seen many tries which were fantastic but isnt it funny how some stick in your mind more than others.

Ali Davies I think.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Pharmergibbs wrote:
dannablue wrote:

Ali Davies I think.

Yeah, could be right...great day out that day.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Not sure of opposition , poss Hunslet Hawks, was a Wally Gibson try
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Lots of different ones were good for different reasons but one that sticks in my mind was Peter Cramp he was a big but skilful winger in the early 80s. We were playing at batley or dewsbury and he got the ball on the halfway line ran down the wing sidestepped a couple of players, handed off another couple and then went over in the corner.

What was good about it was we were on the stand on the other side and all we could see was a C&G shirt going down the wing with opponents falling down like ninepins and i bet that throughout the run he never was more than five yards away from the touchline.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best Giants try Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Giants try   Best Giants try Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Giants try
Page 1 of 1