Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Brough thread

Go down 
+10
Durham Giant
Giant leopard
Mable_syrup
BO JANGLES
matt01
Old School
joek
Clock-Face-Giant
reidy
Gem Bob
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

New Brough thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:35 pm

Know I`ll probably get put in the stocks for this .....but .......but whilst I admire what Ken has done for the club , he IS IN CHARGE ,and the decisions we have seen in some cases look nothing less than " corner shop"!!

He may have admonished whoever - we shall never know - but without the behind the scenes "griff" (c`mon Old School Wink ) regretably the book stops etc!! Wink

But "allowing" the "man of steel" to talk to the opposition half way through the season and before we play them in the cup when he has an offer of a "one" on the table ??????? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Ken Dodd --watch out!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Spot on PG. As was your previous posting on this.
My original point when we signed him was the fact that when he has a good game, he play's a damn good game, but there is no continuation from one to the next.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:54 pm

The failings of the side when Broughy came was that our defence decided to go to sleep, not Broughy`s fault, in fact he did as many tackles as other players.

Also all kickers kick out on the full at times.

I was completely open minded about signing him, but I was really glad when he was missing from the team when we used to play Wakey.

Getting players to toe the line and not be disruptive is up to the man management of the coach.

He answered his critics at Bradford without having played too many games yet in the Claret & Gold. (a good signing IMO)

Regarding the B.Hodgson affair. :- Wigan in their pomp always used to offload their best players as soon as they just passed their peak. And I believe the club did right to just offer Brett a 1 year deal.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:52 pm

Shogun wrote:
The failings of the side when Broughy came was that our defence decided to go to sleep, not Broughy`s fault, in fact he did as many tackles as other players.

Also all kickers kick out on the full at times.

I was completely open minded about signing him, but I was really glad when he was missing from the team when we used to play Wakey.

Getting players to toe the line and not be disruptive is up to the man management of the coach.

He answered his critics at Bradford without having played too many games yet in the Claret & Gold. (a good signing IMO)

Regarding the B.Hodgson affair. :- Wigan in their pomp always used to offload their best players as soon as they just passed their peak. And I believe the club did right to just offer Brett a 1 year deal.

Aint particularly disputing that , ShoGo --but allowing him to negotiate with "the opposition"
before the "one year " came into the negotiations were`t the brightest bulb in the box!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Brough thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2