Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Brough thread

Go down 
+10
Durham Giant
Giant leopard
Mable_syrup
BO JANGLES
matt01
Old School
joek
Clock-Face-Giant
reidy
Gem Bob
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:03 pm

No doubt about it Danny has caused problems at every club he has been at. I remember him knocking the yellow card out of the hand of the ref at Dewsbury some years back. The coach marched straight to the changing rooms and sacked him on the spot.

Ask any fan of the clubs he has been to and most will say "he is good but..." before they go on to talk about discipline. Danny has been at the club for a short time and already there is talk he has missed training hence his dropping today. However, if recent (and completely as of yet unfounded) rumours are true where does this leave us?
I mean it doesn't take a genius to realise that since his arrival things for us have nosedived - And whilst a lot of other stuff have happened such as the Hodgson leaving/Brown leaving saga - You have to ask - Have we shot ourselves in the foot, and i'm not talking with a pellet gun, more like shooting ourselves in the foot with a rocket launcher.

So, to those in the know are the rumours of Brough failing a drugs test true? And that aside, what are your thoughts on him now that he has time to settle in and do... Pretty much nothing for us?
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:10 pm

I haven't been impressed mate, I made no secret of that and his arrival cocked the balance of everyone else' game. We were doing ok and he has been a disruptive pre-madonna at previous clubs because he thinks that he is too damn good for them.
The truth is, he isn't and I wouldn't miss him if he got the bullet to be honest. It would save us some cash as he has breached his contract.
Back to top Go down
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Clock-Face-Giant

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-09-16

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:24 pm

Think the ony way we could get rid would be to sack him can't see any other club touching him with a bargepole if this latest episode is true!
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Prima donna, I think.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:29 pm

I dont beleive you people i swear i dont you should hang your heads in shame its pathetic. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:45 pm

Old School wrote:
I dont beleive you people i swear i dont you should hang your heads in shame its pathetic. Evil or Very Mad

What don't you believe?

- The fact since he arrived our season has nosedived
- The fact he has done pretty much nothing for us
- The fact he 'missed training' after only a month with us
- The rumours of his ALLEGED drug misuse?

Which one? Or something else?

Or - Should we not have an opinion on a player unless it is a positive one?
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:57 pm

I can see where Old school is coming from. The nosediving form will be at least as much to do with Nathan and Brett announcing their departures as Danny arriving.

In my opinion Danny is a quality player, but as yet he hasn't gelled with our team and visa versa.

As for the other stuff, lets not fan the flames until things are officially announced or not as the case may be.

Talking down players who put the claret and gold on is a fans right. We pay our money and deserve our voice, BUT if we are not careful we can contribute to demoralising a player and none of us want that.

As far as I am concerned I know what Danny can do. We've all seen it enough times as an opposing player and against HKR he was outstanding. In my opinion we need to give him time and not get on his back any more than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:28 am

matt01 wrote:
I can see where Old school is coming from. The nosediving form will be at least as much to do with Nathan and Brett announcing their departures as Danny arriving.

In my opinion Danny is a quality player, but as yet he hasn't gelled with our team and visa versa.

As for the other stuff, lets not fan the flames until things are officially announced or not as the case may be.

Talking down players who put the claret and gold on is a fans right. We pay our money and deserve our voice, BUT if we are not careful we can contribute to demoralising a player and none of us want that.

As far as I am concerned I know what Danny can do. We've all seen it enough times as an opposing player and against HKR he was outstanding. In my opinion we need to give him time and not get on his back any more than anyone else.

Absolutely correct Matt, we have to be careful not to be making Brough responsible for all things at the club, I agree that everyone has a right to their opinions, and the right to express them on here, but we dont all have the same one's. Its no secret that i wanted Brough to come to the club, and for the same reasons as yourself and maybe one or two others ( old school etc ) because i recognised his quality, particularly his kicking game, I am just as disappointed as everyone else that he has not found his form and jelled with the team yet , perhaps he never will do and it will turn out to be a mistake to have signed him, in which case something will no doubt be done about it.

He has a reputation for being very disruptive in a team, he has had it wherever he has been, it was well known to everyone including the Giants, he was signed with full knowledge of this so obviously someone at the club also saw the quality that he is capable of , and must have thought it was worth the gamble, As yet it has not payed off on the whole, he has been very average, but let us for heavens sake keep some perspective in this, Is it his fault that one of our most expensive players (who came here with a massive reputation ) has managed to play about 8 hrs so far this season, ( what a great buy he has been so far ) that's not to say he wont be , And what about our other much lauded forwards , all of them have been claimed on this forum more than once to be international class, and yet except for Fiaumu we haven't one who has the very basic skill to offload a pass from the tackle, Crabtree was learning it very well ,but now seems to have completely lost it again, ( that must be something to do with Brough )

And what of A Raleigh I've not seen him give a pass all season, It takes more than 100% effort (which he gives) to make a top quality forward, same with all the others, Only Mason consistently hits the line at full power, Why is that ( must be Brough ) , Why are the three-quarters on both sides so easily sucked in ? Brough ! Maybe it's his fault Brown wants to go home, and the club wouldn't give Hodgson an extra year, when they signed B Drew for no apparent reason, Two kicks out on the full, yes down to him, what about Hodgson and Leroy dropping balls in front of our posts, was that down to him ? At the moment the whole thing is going pear shaped and to suggest i'ts all down to Brough is a bit too fanciful, There are a lot of others in that side that aren't winning games for us either, but some of us are so focused on Brough that we dont see their shortcomings, For me Robbo was and still is one of the better players, Why not drop Brough for a few weeks and see he and Brown perform any better, they were playing pretty well before. See if the forwards can start too create something other than head down and make two yards, If everything starts to get better ,then their is a case to say Brough is responsible for much of it.

As regards taking drugs or any of the other stuff, i know nothing, but if he has failed a drugs test then he will be finished anyway, and rightly so
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:53 pm

I am not blaming Brough completely. After all the coach saying he is leaving mid season along with the captain can't have helped anyone and has probably had the biggest impact.
But why did we buy a player we simply did not need. We were winning, what was the sense in buying Brough mid season?

Whether or not the drug story is true i do not know, but i do know that allegations of such a magnitude are not often wrong. I do hope its not true though. But that aside what about him missing training (if that is the genuine reason) I mean i have heard all sorts of rumours about how he doesn't get on with Griffin. I think signing Brough was a bad idea and after weeks of hoping to see that special something in him I have seen it once. That for me is simply not good enough.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
I am not blaming Brough completely. After all the coach saying he is leaving mid season along with the captain can't have helped anyone and has probably had the biggest impact.
But why did we buy a player we simply did not need. We were winning, what was the sense in buying Brough mid season?

Whether or not the drug story is true i do not know, but i do know that allegations of such a magnitude are not often wrong. I do hope its not true though. But that aside what about him missing training (if that is the genuine reason) I mean i have heard all sorts of rumours about how he doesn't get on with Griffin. I think signing Brough was a bad idea and after weeks of hoping to see that special something in him I have seen it once. That for me is simply not good enough.

I can see what you are saying about Brough not performing Gem and i can agree with you about that , but what about all the other players who are not performing, are you not just as disappointed with them. You have to remember we have at least 5 internationals( off the top of my head ) should we not also be expecting to see that special something from them as well, All the other off field stuff, I know nothing about, but you keep stressing they are rumors, maybe some of them will prove to be true, if they are I expect they will be dealt with. As i have already said I'm as disappointed as anyone about Broughs form up to now , but i refuse to blame him for the way the team has been capitulating in the last few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-11-30

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:32 pm

The way the club went after DB you could have been thinking he was the next messiah, certainly the missing link (not just his forehead), to take us to the next level. He hasn't. he has though perfected kicking out on the full. He will be class though i'm sure.

Off loads have stopped and i can only think this is a gameplan thing to cut out errors.

Raleigh has passed :-) .

Reckon we need 2 centres , full back and a prop next year.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:19 pm

Bob he did not get sacked at Dewsbury,stop talking rubbish about failed drug test,and yes Danny is here for the next 4 years get used to it,oh and stop talking crap about him not getting on with Griff, some people must live on fantasy island.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Old School wrote:
Bob he did not get sacked at Dewsbury,stop talking rubbish about failed drug test,and yes Danny is here for the next 4 years get used to it,oh and stop talking crap about him not getting on with Griff, some people must live on fantasy island.

I was discussing rumours about him, i never claimed any of them to be true.

As for him being here for 4 years does that mean a negative word should never be spoken about him? I think he has been nothing but a total let down since his signing.
As has already been said, if kicking out on the full was what we needed then we'd be at the top of the table.
Back to top Go down
Giant leopard

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-06-16

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:11 pm

ive got a little fed up of reading these forums since we've had a loosing run..... in particular those who want to run a particular player out of the club.. I know everyone is entiltled to their opinions and I respect that, but what happened to giving a player a little bit of time to settle in. There are lots of recent examples of fans looking foolish by calling for a players head then a few months or even a season later praising the same player... Take Pat Richards or Matt King for example.

I dont care too much about rumours especially ones about this player doesnt like this player.... or this player has done this..its a bit too playground for me... If they break the rules, its up to the club to deal with the player... if they cant deal with him... get rid. BUt let the club make this decision.

We as fans are entitiled to not like a player for whatever reasons, but we support the club, and very few fans have forced a player out of a club, but many fans have contributed to a players lack of confidence. Whilst DB is a giants player I will support him 100%, as I do all the other players... I may moan from time to time that I think players are out of form, but I wont use one player as a scapegoat for the whole misfotunes of a team...

Anyway rant over.... lets get to Bradford!!!
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:20 pm

Giant leopard wrote:
ive got a little fed up of reading these forums since we've had a loosing run..... in particular those who want to run a particular player out of the club.. I know everyone is entiltled to their opinions and I respect that, but what happened to giving a player a little bit of time to settle in. There are lots of recent examples of fans looking foolish by calling for a players head then a few months or even a season later praising the same player... Take Pat Richards or Matt King for example.

I dont care too much about rumours especially ones about this player doesnt like this player.... or this player has done this..its a bit too playground for me... If they break the rules, its up to the club to deal with the player... if they cant deal with him... get rid. BUt let the club make this decision.

We as fans are entitiled to not like a player for whatever reasons, but we support the club, and very few fans have forced a player out of a club, but many fans have contributed to a players lack of confidence. Whilst DB is a giants player I will support him 100%, as I do all the other players... I may moan from time to time that I think players are out of form, but I wont use one player as a scapegoat for the whole misfotunes of a team...

Feel free to rant. I have to admit i enjoyed RL a lot more before i came on the forums 3 years ago.
So much of the stuff i read from so called Huddersfield fans actually puts me off the game and following the Giants. So much of the crap that is posted makes me feel that too high a percentage of posters have an inability to maintain any perspective or understand how to support a team and they would rather be trying to damage the team than support them.

even the atitude some of them have towards setting up a supporters club stinks .

Personally if you do not want to support the club and get behind the team i wish some of our fans should go off and support the Bulls or Town. I probably felt happier when there were less fans but better quality.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:12 am

Durham Giant wrote:
Giant leopard wrote:

Feel free to rant. I have to admit i enjoyed RL a lot more before i came on the forums 3 years ago.
So much of the stuff i read from so called Huddersfield fans actually puts me off the game and following the Giants. So much of the crap that is posted makes me feel that too high a percentage of posters have an inability to maintain any perspective or understand how to support a team and they would rather be trying to damage the team than support them.

even the atitude some of them have towards setting up a supporters club stinks .

Personally if you do not want to support the club and get behind the team i wish some of our fans should go off and support the Bulls or Town. I probably felt happier when there were less fans but better quality.

How about if you and other supporters stopped trying to dictate how other people act and support their club then everything would be better.
Or maybe you should write a rule book of do's and don'ts, you know, when to cheer, when to sing - You could ven tell us what songs to sing.

People are different DG and if it puts you off supporting the Giants because a few players actually have n opinion then you are more fickle than us - Too much time spent on that dictatorship board you mod if you ask me. It is called freedom of speech and the only place it comes with a lock button in life is on RLFans.

Get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Clock-Face-Giant

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:48 am

Gem Bob wrote:
Durham Giant wrote:
Giant leopard wrote:

How about if you and other supporters stopped trying to dictate how other people act and support their club then everything would be better.
Or maybe you should write a rule book of do's and don'ts, you know, when to cheer, when to sing - You could ven tell us what songs to sing.

People are different DG and if it puts you off supporting the Giants because a few players actually have n opinion then you are more fickle than us - Too much time spent on that dictatorship board you mod if you ask me. It is called freedom of speech and the only place it comes with a lock button in life is on RLFans.

Get used to it.

Everybody is entitled to there opinion rightly or wrongly and imo it is the very reason for these boards so by all means give me and others a balanced argument why we're wrong for believing that DB has unsettled the squad but please dont ever dare to take away our right to voice that opinion.

Maybe if you trawl the net you may find the nirvana you crave, the one forum where every post says"isn't life wonderful at the Giants at the moment", But me i will continue posting on a site were ,if i feel like it i can post things like "To me the giants were awesome then DB joined and now we look extremely disjointed" safe in the knowledge there are people on this forum that will agree and people will argue, BUT everybody can have there say as the scrolling banner says every post is important and keeps the forum alive!
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:35 pm

How did the boy brough play against Bradford today anyone?
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:39 pm

he played well i think. His bombs scared the crap out of the Bulls defence.
Back to top Go down
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Clock-Face-Giant

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Got to put my hands up he was awesome today.

(still not a fan tho) Wink
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Pharmergibbs wrote:

he set up 3 tries one with a superb quick pass to Hodgson.
His kicking was excellent particularly his long kicking. Bradford started all their returns within the 20 metre mark.
his attacking kicks were excellent and were unlucky not to lead to two extra tries. Halley may never play Full back again he was absolutely bamboozled his confidence will be absolutely shot..

the best aspect of broughs game was his DEFENCE. Check out the opta stats when they come out. h etackled brilliantly including two great man and ball ones that stopped their attacks dead.

he was probably running Hodgson close to MOM.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:17 pm

Durham Giant wrote:
Pharmergibbs wrote:

he set up 3 tries one with a superb quick pass to Hodgson.
His kicking was excellent particularly his long kicking. Bradford started all their returns within the 20 metre mark.
his attacking kicks were excellent and were unlucky not to lead to two extra tries. Halley may never play Full back again he was absolutely bamboozled his confidence will be absolutely shot..

the best aspect of broughs game was his DEFENCE. Check out the opta stats when they come out. h etackled brilliantly including two great man and ball ones that stopped their attacks dead.

he was probably running Hodgson close to MOM.
Great news. Lets hope he can do it on a consistent basis. Yorkshire radio were very complementary about him. We need our key players to be on form, so we can get back into the top 4. Likewise it was nice to hear the post match comments from Brown about Brett's return to form.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Brough had an excellent game today, his kicking and tackling was first class, Bradford must have been sick of him, He just needs to perform like that every week, but then which of our players does that, given time he will prove to be a good buy. Nice to see B Hodgson back to his best, Classiest player on the field today, Well done Crabtree as well, ran hard today, as did all the pack.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:54 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Brough had an excellent game today, his kicking and tackling was first class, Bradford must have been sick of him, He just needs to perform like that every week, but then which of our players does that, given time he will prove to be a good buy. Nice to see B Hodgson back to his best, Classiest player on the field today, Well done Crabtree as well, ran hard today, as did all the pack.

Same old story though Bo --INCONSISTENCY !!

.and that man Brett --good but not considered worth a contract extension !! The mind boggleth!! Evil or Very Mad

Must have been that odd bad match he had!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Yes there have been some puzzling decisions mate, but hey ho ! who are we ?. I can,t for the life of me understand why (given that Hodgson is gone at season end)
all the talk is of signing another fullback, we have 2 more Hodgsons and Cudjo all who can do the job, We need a decent prop more than anything else, just about every other side you watch has a couple of forwards that can offload, ( Wakey and Leeds on Friday were both top class ) We have the players in Robbo ,Brough and Lunt who would thrive on a few decent offloads, but it just doesnt seem to be part of our game at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Brough thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brough thread   New Brough thread Empty

Back to top Go down

New Brough thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next