Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Squad for next year!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Squad for next year! Empty
PostSubject: Squad for next year!   Squad for next year! EmptySun May 17, 2009 6:54 pm

Just a bit of fun (before anyone starts, I have not written off this season or the current crop of players!!) just thinking about how I would like us to look next seasonwhen we defend our 1st Super league title!!

1 B Hodgson
2 M Calderwood/P Richards/P Fox (None are likely to be made available, but all three have been outstanding)
3 S Wild
4 M Lawrence
5 D Hodgson
6 G McNally
7 D Brough (I think he is a quality player and his kicking game is second to none)
8 E Crabtree
9 S Lunt
10 A Lynch (I have rated this bloke for years, may want a fresh challenge?)
11 D Fa’alogo
12 A Raleigh/G Hock (Hock is one of the most consistent performers in Super league and would be a huge coup)
13 S Finnigan/V Anderson (A player with all the skills, doubt very much this would happen though as I've heard he may be switching to Union)
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Squad for next year!   Squad for next year! EmptyWed May 20, 2009 8:25 pm

There are a few players there which would be nice to have sign on the dotted line, Lynch would be great and is realistic as is Brough. Hock would be my choice but simply cannot see him leaving Wigan. Fox has just extended his contract and I would not touch Calderwood with a barge pole.

I think Lolesi, Griffin, Aspinwall and perhaps Faiumu may be shown the door at the end of the season and at the moment I would not argue with that. I also think that Brown or Robinson may be away, failing that Brown moved to centre, the one thing that is certain is that they will not be the combo for next season.

I hope Fulton turns out to be worth keeping and think Fa'alogo will be direct replacement for Lolesi. Would love to see a mean prop (Lynch) a world class Aussie half with McNally in reserve learning from him. We also will need to think about 2nd hooker with Moore/Faiumu possibly away. Will Carlisle fill the hole?

Finally I would love to see McGillivrey back and given a chance, looks like a strong player!
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Squad for next year!   Squad for next year! EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:37 am

Pharmergibbs wrote:
There are a few players there which would be nice to have sign on the dotted line, Lynch would be great and is realistic as is Brough. Hock would be my choice but simply cannot see him leaving Wigan. Fox has just extended his contract and I would not touch Calderwood with a barge pole.

I think Lolesi, Griffin, Aspinwall and perhaps Faiumu may be shown the door at the end of the season and at the moment I would not argue with that. I also think that Brown or Robinson may be away, failing that Brown moved to centre, the one thing that is certain is that they will not be the combo for next season.

I hope Fulton turns out to be worth keeping and think Fa'alogo will be direct replacement for Lolesi. Would love to see a mean prop (Lynch) a world class Aussie half with McNally in reserve learning from him. We also will need to think about 2nd hooker with Moore/Faiumu possibly away. Will Carlisle fill the hole?

Finally I would love to see McGillivrey back and given a chance, looks like a strong player!

Yea the hooker situation may prove an interesting one because like you I think both Moore and Faiumu will be gone at the end of the season. Lunt definately has the potential and at present is as good if not better than both Faiumu and Moore. McGillvary has looked sensational by all accounts at Batley and the little I have see of him has impressed me greatly. I agree with you that the club are not likely to keep hold of Lolesi, Aspy and Griffin (who may be part of any deal involving Brough).
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Squad for next year!   Squad for next year! EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:43 am

[quote="anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf"]
Pharmergibbs wrote:

McGillvary has looked sensational by all accounts at Batley and the little I have see of him has impressed me greatly.

He has been far from sensational, infact he has been no more than 'ok' imo.

His defence leaves a lot to be desired. But he has got great potential, lets not forget he is only a kid. Maybe another year or two and he will be sensational, but not yet.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Squad for next year!   Squad for next year! EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:49 am

[quote="Gem Bob"]
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf wrote:
Pharmergibbs wrote:

McGillvary has looked sensational by all accounts at Batley and the little I have see of him has impressed me greatly.

His defence leaves a lot to be desired. But he has got great potential, lets not forget he is only a kid. Maybe another year or two and he will be sensational, but not yet.

Fair enough pal, I'll accept that you know about his game than me. He crtainly was the stand out player though when Batley played Gateshead on SKY, the power and pace he showed that night was frightening.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Squad for next year!   Squad for next year! EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:22 am

[quote="anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf"]
Gem Bob wrote:
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf wrote:
Pharmergibbs wrote:

Fair enough pal, I'll accept that you know about his game than me. He crtainly was the stand out player though when Batley played Gateshead on SKY, the power and pace he showed that night was frightening.

I know what you mean mate, i have watched a few Batley games where he has been the standout player. He is one of those players who can go from a flat position to pace instantly which for any RL player is an excellent skill to have. Again his strength is superb. But imo his defence lets him down - But he'll do well at Batley, the biggest parts of Batleys game is defence (because they are not a good side)
I genuinely think that in a season or two he will be the sensational player you saw in him. And i hope that he is still on our books because he has potential to be a star of the future imo.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Squad for next year!   Squad for next year! EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:25 pm

All them guys will be staying,Lynch and hock wont be coming.
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Squad for next year!   Squad for next year! EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:20 pm

Old School wrote:
All them guys will be staying,Lynch and hock wont be coming.

Could not say who will come but I am sure Lolesi is at risk. I think judging by the standard of overseas players we are looking at his quota spot could be better utilised. He is ok is Jammer and has been decent, I would wish him all the best but it's time up for mine!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Squad for next year!   Squad for next year! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 2:14 pm

My first three players would be Hock, Raleigh, and Pat Richards, also in there would be Crabtree and Graham, after that i would have to start to think about it.

If we were looking at past players i could pick you a team to make your mouth water.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Squad for next year!   Squad for next year! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 5:36 pm

Dont think too long mate,only Raleigh and Crabtree will be with us out of that lot.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Squad for next year!   Squad for next year! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 5:42 pm

Old School wrote:
Dont think too long mate,only Raleigh and Crabtree will be with us out of that lot.

Yeah i know that, but I thought it was for a bit of fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squad for next year!   Squad for next year! Empty

Back to top Go down

Squad for next year!
Page 1 of 1