Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Out of contract this year?

Go down 
+6
CA
Eclair
reidy
JudgeB
Ivor C&G Scarf
Giant leopard
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Giant leopard

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Out of contract this year? Empty
PostSubject: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 11:00 am

Does anyone have the definative list of who is out of contract this season. I've seen on other boards lots of peoples opinions, but still am not sure who's runs out this year.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 2:20 pm

Make a start with:
Hudson
Elford
Skandalis
Thorman?
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 2:57 pm

Is Eorl still in contract?
A Hull muppet on RL Fans is claiming he will sign for HKR Shocked
Can't see him leaving us at the present if still in contract, especially with a new coach due eventually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 3:28 pm

JudgeB wrote:
Can't see him leaving us at the present if still in contract, especially with a new coach due eventually.

Why cant you see Eorl leaving us?
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 6:04 pm

Cos he is a yes man....
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:14 pm

Another couple of years remaining for Eorl, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Eclair
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:39 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:

Didn't Eorl sign a 3 year extension around the same time as Andy? I think the 3rd year of this would be his testimonial year. Can't see him going anywhere, I think he is happy here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:38 am

Eclair wrote:
Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:

Didn't Eorl sign a 3 year extension around the same time as Andy? I think the 3rd year of this would be his testimonial year. Can't see him going anywhere, I think he is happy here.

I hope you're right, he is a great asset to us - he needs to run onto that ball more often mind. That is when he is most effective.
Back to top Go down
CA
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:29 am

I can't see him leaving with the prospect of a new coach, franchise etc. these surely will be exciting times for all our players next season. Think Ken will make sure the new coach will be the bees knees .
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 12:32 pm

There are one or two players who need to move forward IMO, players like Crabtree and Raleigh, Both are obviously talented players who have not played to their potential, and there are others like them, as well as some who need to be moving on. I'm not suggesting they have let anyone down but i think they are capable of so much more, sometimes a new coach and a fresh start can work wonders for a player, I've always thought that probably the main asset of a top coach is the ability to motivate the players , more important than the actual game plans in many cases, There have been some obvious examples of this , Milward for me was nothing special as coaches go, but when he was at Saints you had the impression the team would run their blood to water, Murray and Smith at Leeds are others.
K Davy needs to take his time to get the right man and hopefully have him in place with enough games left this season for him to be able to asses the players properly so we can hit the ground running next season to some extent. One player i wouldn't mind seeing with us next year ( and this will no doubt get some groans ) is E Harris, i think he has still got quite a bit to offer playing at hooker, That's if the worst happens with Hudson, Which i obviously hope doesn't.

It's vital the club goes forward from now on, with this franchise system there will be other clubs just waiting to take our slot in three years time if we can't demonstrate we are a progressive outfit, West Yorkshire is overloaded with clubs in the overall scheme of things so getting the right coach is vital, and him getting the players up to their true potential just as much so.
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 1:03 pm

Sturl wrote:
JudgeB wrote:

Why cant you see Eorl leaving us?

Eorl has Huddersfield Giants through the centre of him, like a stick of rock.
And I believe it would need to be a massive offer to make him leave the Giants midway through a contract. Can't see HKR offering sufficient.
And if he tries to leave I've got 20 fans offering to sit on him 'til he agrees to stay. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 1:12 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
There are one or two players who need to move forward IMO, players like Crabtree and Raleigh, Both are obviously talented players who have not played to their potential, and there are others like them, as well as some who need to be moving on. I'm not suggesting they have let anyone down but i think they are capable of so much more, sometimes a new coach and a fresh start can work wonders for a player, I've always thought that probably the main asset of a top coach is the ability to motivate the players , more important than the actual game plans in many cases, There have been some obvious examples of this , Milward for me was nothing special as coaches go, but when he was at Saints you had the impression the team would run their blood to water, Murray and Smith at Leeds are others.
K Davy needs to take his time to get the right man and hopefully have him in place with enough games left this season for him to be able to asses the players properly so we can hit the ground running next season to some extent. One player i wouldn't mind seeing with us next year ( and this will no doubt get some groans ) is E Harris, i think he has still got quite a bit to offer playing at hooker, That's if the worst happens with Hudson, Which i obviously hope doesn't.

It's vital the club goes forward from now on, with this franchise system there will be other clubs just waiting to take our slot in three years time if we can't demonstrate we are a progressive outfit, West Yorkshire is overloaded with clubs in the overall scheme of things so getting the right coach is vital, and him getting the players up to their true potential just as much so.

Couldn't have put it much better myself apart from a couple of minor adjustments IMHO.
1. I would agree that a wise & experienced leader is required on field next year - as Robbie & Drew showed us the last season or two - though maybe not your choice of man who I believe will be at Celtic when they get the franchise.
2. I believe that Raleigh is one player who gives 100% each game. Eorl I agree that there is more to come and an experienced coach will bring him on.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 1:25 pm

JudgeB wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

Couldn't have put it much better myself apart from a couple of minor adjustments IMHO.
1. I would agree that a wise & experienced leader is required on field next year - as Robbie & Drew showed us the last season or two - though maybe not your choice of man who I believe will be at Celtic when they get the franchise.
2. I believe that Raleigh is one player who gives 100% each game. Eorl I agree that there is more to come and an experienced coach will bring him on.

Yes I'm not suggesting that Raleigh hasn't given his best, many a game he has been the best man in the side, What i am saying is that IMO there is more to come from him, I think he is good enough to go to the next level, same with Crabtree. I think you are right about Harris ( if they get a franchise ) if so i think he will be a good signing for them, as long as they play him in the right place, If not i would be happy to see him with us for a couple of seasons.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 3:33 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:

harris,no way he is robbing a wage at the moment.
not superleague standard any more,not even good enough for union Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:31 pm

As per my sig, Andy is my player of the squad. Never fails to give his all, as does Jacko.
Andy is capable of an International place IMHO, providing we get a coach that will bring him forward. Morseo than most of the other players.
I think Eorl blows hot and cold, not to the point of hilarity, but the odd blunders have cost us points in the past. Still OK though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 8:33 am

reidy@work wrote:
As per my sig, Andy is my player of the squad. Never fails to give his all, as does Jacko.
Andy is capable of an International place IMHO, providing we get a coach that will bring him forward. Morseo than most of the other players.
I think Eorl blows hot and cold, not to the point of hilarity, but the odd blunders have cost us points in the past. Still OK though.

I dont think he is capable of an International squad tbh mate. Look at his British competition in the rest of the league, Jones - Buchanen, Gilmour, Wilkin, Tickle........ all of those id put before Raleigh and thats only from a couple of teams.

Not just that - and im not knocking him he really is one of our better players - but he does have a tendency to knock on.

As for Eorl im slightly inclined to agree with you. Like i said earlier running onto the ball he is good, from stationary he is a wasted pass tbh.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 9:55 am

Sturl wrote:
reidy@work wrote:

I dont think he is capable of an International squad tbh mate. Look at his British competition in the rest of the league, Jones - Buchanen, Gilmour, Wilkin, Tickle........ all of those id put before Raleigh and thats only from a couple of teams.

Not just that - and im not knocking him he really is one of our better players - but he does have a tendency to knock on.

As for Eorl im slightly inclined to agree with you. Like i said earlier running onto the ball he is good, from stationary he is a wasted pass tbh.

They are both capable of ,and do have top games from time to time, Both should be capable of it week in week out (more or less ) If they did they would both be a lot nearer the likes of Graham, Wilkin ect. Once a new coach gets them believing they are the best, It's suprising what can happen.
Back to top Go down
CA
Ballboy
Ballboy

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 4:09 pm

Sturl wrote:

I don't know where you get that from, I don't think I've seen him knock on yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 5:11 pm

CA wrote:
Sturl wrote:

Last time - Wakefield game just gone.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 6:09 pm

Sturl wrote:
reidy@work wrote:

Nah he don't have a tendency to knock on. Every player has trhe odd off day, granted some more than others. But Andy is still young enough to make the grade with the right coaching. He still has a good few years left, even though he looks older than you, doesn't mean to say he's a fogie. Plus EVERYONE looks older than you! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
CA
Ballboy
Ballboy

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 6:18 pm

Sturl wrote:
CA wrote:
Sturl wrote:

Should one knock on destroy a promising career ?
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 6:25 pm

CA wrote:
Sturl wrote:
CA wrote:
Sturl wrote:

Should one knock on destroy a promising career ?

In a nutshell, no.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 9:21 pm

CA wrote:
Sturl wrote:

Totally O/T, but I've just noticed that you're only a year younger than me. TBH I thought I could have given you at least 15 years [in my favour]. Sad
Back to top Go down
guinness

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:15 pm

I think as mentioned earlier in thread, we need a good coach soon enough for him to be able to bring the best out of the players who have gone stale this year so far and see their potential. We obviously dont know what was said on the training field or dressing room but I feel there are quite a good few players that became dissillusioned with Jon Sharp. For example where has our excellent defence of last year gone? Most of the team have been playing in the same positions as last year (with a few exceptions obviously) and yet that desire and ability to avoid a deluge of points is nowhere to be seen (at least not as often) Jensen and Lolesi although playing reasonably well, have been nowhere near as formidable as last season, or are we missing the super playmaking of Brad and Robbie so much? To be honest I dont think Robbo has done half of what he is capable of but who knows how tight his reigns have been, if at all. Lets just hope whoever it is, he plays people in the correct positions and gives each one the opportunity to prove themselves before being shown the door, because we all know there is far more potential in this squad than we are seeing currently. Just a few thoughts.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:36 pm

spot on Guinness --fingers crossed!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? Empty

Back to top Go down

Out of contract this year?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next