Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Out of contract this year?

Go down 
+6
CA
Eclair
reidy
JudgeB
Ivor C&G Scarf
Giant leopard
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Out of contract this year? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 12:11 am

guinness wrote:
I think as mentioned earlier in thread, we need a good coach soon enough for him to be able to bring the best out of the players who have gone stale this year so far and see their potential. We obviously dont know what was said on the training field or dressing room but I feel there are quite a good few players that became dissillusioned with Jon Sharp. For example where has our excellent defence of last year gone? Most of the team have been playing in the same positions as last year (with a few exceptions obviously) and yet that desire and ability to avoid a deluge of points is nowhere to be seen (at least not as often) Jensen and Lolesi although playing reasonably well, have been nowhere near as formidable as last season, or are we missing the super playmaking of Brad and Robbie so much? To be honest I dont think Robbo has done half of what he is capable of but who knows how tight his reigns have been, if at all. Lets just hope whoever it is, he plays people in the correct positions and gives each one the opportunity to prove themselves before being shown the door, because we all know there is far more potential in this squad than we are seeing currently. Just a few thoughts.

Spot on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 6:46 am

CA wrote:
Sturl wrote:
CA wrote:
Sturl wrote:

Not just that - and im not knocking him he really is one of our better players - but he does have a tendency to knock on.

I don't know where you get that from, I don't think I've seen him knock on yet.

Last time - Wakefield game just gone.
Should one knock on destroy a promising career ?

I dont see where i said it should/would/has?

I simply said there are other second rowers in the league in my opinion much better than Raleigh.

Guinness - Bang on mate.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:34 am

Sturl wrote:
CA wrote:
Sturl wrote:
CA wrote:
Sturl wrote:

Not just that - and im not knocking him he really is one of our better players - but he does have a tendency to knock on.

I simply said there are other second rowers in the league in my opinion much better than Raleigh.

Guinness - Bang on mate.

I agree Stu there are a few better second rowers than Raleigh, and some better than Crabtree as well, but they have the potential to be better, Few Fartowers have improved over the last few seasons but that doesnt mean they can't.
One of the problems at Huddersfield (and this will no doubt upset some people Though It's not meant to )Is the great tendency to over rate things and players,
A few seasons ago we beat Saints for the first time for about thirty years, very nice it was too, but that was it, just a win, but at one stage i thought they were going to get the freedom of the town, Similarly the first semi a few seasons ago, all NL sides and French amateurs, by the time the Examiner had finished the team thought they were invincible till Saints thrashed them and then it was all, well we dont spend as much as them. When we had been to Twickers i spoke to lots of people, who said things like " we were the best side for twenty mins" Well i was really disappointed, cause Saints were the best side for the other sixty.
I've read posts on here where people have been calling players true legends, People like Costin, Gene and Reilly, They aren't Legends, they are just good players who have done well and served the club well , some for a long time.

None of this is meant in any way to demean any of the teams achievements, and yes there has been a difference in the ammount of money spent by clubs, Just like the difference between us and the NL sided we were beating in the cup. I just think that things need to be kept in perspective. We have just parted company with a coach who thought he was a victim of his own success, This demonstrates my point exactly, what would he have been saying if we had actually won anything ? IMO we have ,and have had the players to do much better than we have , I hope we get a coach that can teach them to do their playing on the field rather than in the Examiner, And players like Raleigh and Crabtree might then be really capable of getting into the GB team, Instead of people claiming they should be when they've had a decent game.

Right rant over , let rip Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 1:53 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Sturl wrote:
CA wrote:
Sturl wrote:
CA wrote:
Sturl wrote:

Guinness - Bang on mate.

I agree Stu there are a few better second rowers than Raleigh, and some better than Crabtree as well, but they have the potential to be better, Few Fartowers have improved over the last few seasons but that doesnt mean they can't.
One of the problems at Huddersfield (and this will no doubt upset some people Though It's not meant to )Is the great tendency to over rate things and players,
A few seasons ago we beat Saints for the first time for about thirty years, very nice it was too, but that was it, just a win, but at one stage i thought they were going to get the freedom of the town, Similarly the first semi a few seasons ago, all NL sides and French amateurs, by the time the Examiner had finished the team thought they were invincible till Saints thrashed them and then it was all, well we dont spend as much as them. When we had been to Twickers i spoke to lots of people, who said things like " we were the best side for twenty mins" Well i was really disappointed, cause Saints were the best side for the other sixty.
I've read posts on here where people have been calling players true legends, People like Costin, Gene and Reilly, They aren't Legends, they are just good players who have done well and served the club well , some for a long time.

None of this is meant in any way to demean any of the teams achievements, and yes there has been a difference in the ammount of money spent by clubs, Just like the difference between us and the NL sided we were beating in the cup. I just think that things need to be kept in perspective. We have just parted company with a coach who thought he was a victim of his own success, This demonstrates my point exactly, what would he have been saying if we had actually won anything ? IMO we have ,and have had the players to do much better than we have , I hope we get a coach that can teach them to do their playing on the field rather than in the Examiner, And players like Raleigh and Crabtree might then be really capable of getting into the GB team, Instead of people claiming they should be when they've had a decent game.

see what you are saying bo Very Happy
just to add,i think they are good player's(crabtree,raleigh)and yes the press do build them up but if they were in the so called big 4 the press would be doing cartweels.
imo there are a lot of overrated player's in the big 4 but get the limelight Mad
you can play brilliant all season and get overlooked just because you play for a bottom club!
take martin gleeson for example he played no differant for us than he did for st'helens,but straight in the GB team just because he was a st'helens player.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 3:37 pm

bostock wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
Sturl wrote:
CA wrote:
Sturl wrote:
CA wrote:
Sturl wrote:

Guinness - Bang on mate.

see what you are saying bo Very Happy
just to add,i think they are good player's(crabtree,raleigh)and yes the press do build them up but if they were in the so called big 4 the press would be doing cartweels.
imo there are a lot of overrated player's in the big 4 but get the limelight Mad
you can play brilliant all season and get overlooked just because you play for a bottom club!
take martin gleeson for example he played no differant for us than he did for st'helens,but straight in the GB team just because he was a st'helens player.

A lot of truth in that mate and it has ever been so, at least with most coaches since Super league, Many of them have picked half a dozen players out of position just to get them in somewhere, which is something i hate, remember R Horne on the wing, Scullthorpe at SO to make certain both him and Farrell could play. Just as an opinion on centres in recent years, one of the best i have seen was Newlove, he stood out at Fev (big fish in a little pond so to speak) Did ok at Bradford, and was a class act at Saints and made many a try for Sullivan. So much depends on the coach, and i am desperate for us to get the right man.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 6:37 pm

me to bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 9:50 pm

bostock wrote:
me to bounce bounce bounce

This is just what Sharp tried doing, but no-one would bloody listen.
This is what really gets on my nerves about the do-gooders on the RLFANS site. They could nopt see beyond him. Jimmy Evans spoke up and got shot to bits for it.
I rest my case. Mad
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 10:34 pm

reidy@work wrote:
the do-gooders on the RLFANS site. Mad

Do-worsters more like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 10:51 pm

boydy for sub!!! Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:47 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
reidy@work wrote:
the do-gooders on the RLFANS site. Mad

Do-worsters more like.

You get my drift. I know you lot are as frustrated as me, so I won't contest finer points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of contract this year?   Out of contract this year? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Out of contract this year?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2