Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team for Rochdale

Go down 
+5
Gem Bob
Natalie-x
matt01
defleppard
ponner
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:15 pm

Should we play our strongest 17 as we aren't playing at the top of our game at moment? or should Nathan pick a side with some youth in it to give them experience of playing in the first team? Should some of the first teamers be given a weeks rest to recharge the batteries? Would a full strength side and a massve win lift the confidence like it did a few years back against York in the cup?
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyMon May 04, 2009 3:00 pm

ponner wrote:
Would a full strength side and a massve win lift the confidence like it did a few years back against York in the cup?

this ^

surely they can have no real need for rest after getting by far the easiest fixture up in scotland
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyMon May 04, 2009 3:25 pm

I'd give a few a rest, but not too many. If we take this game too lightly we could well get caught out. I still remember that Hunslet game. Rest those who need resting therefore giving a few fringe players a chance. Play the likes of Aspers and Griffin if fit to see if they can regain their previous form.
Back to top Go down
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyMon May 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Agreed with Matt about Aspy and Griff - get them out.

GET LARRRRRRRRNE OUT Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyMon May 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Rochdale will not be a walk over like York. It would be arrogant of Brown to rest any more than a few of the players. I think his best bet would be to play a 3/4 strength squad filled with some of the stronger acadamy players who will be looking at getting game time in the coming months.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyMon May 04, 2009 9:47 pm

Our game is based on the work rate of our defence and the team as a whole. When players are tired we do not perform simple as.

therefore we need to be resting players for what is a hard season.

i would play about 8 of the first teamers and then have the rest being academy reserves.

there is no reason why hemmingway, lunt, walsh, cudjoe, Lopag, korki, patrick cannot be included and for them to be supported by those first teamers who do not need a rest.

Hodgson, wild , kirmond and Mason could all do with a week off.

we will then be able to put out a strong and fresh team for the game against Salford.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:29 am

Durham Giant wrote:
Our game is based on the work rate of our defence and the team as a whole. When players are tired we do not perform simple as.

i would play about 8 of the first teamers and then have the rest being academy reserves.

there is no reason why hemmingway, lunt, walsh, cudjoe, Lopag, korki, patrick cannot be included and for them to be supported by those first teamers who do not need a rest.

we will then be able to put out a strong and fresh team for the game against Salford.

I really hope Brown doesn't do this.

It is arrogant to say the least. And if he does then i would love to see Rochdale pound us.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:42 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
Durham Giant wrote:

It is arrogant to say the least. And if he does then i would love to see Rochdale pound us.
are you having a laugh,that is what a squad is for,we have 32 players in the first team SQUAD.(use them)
as for(love to see rochdale pound us)you should be banned from the galpharm. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyTue May 05, 2009 1:14 pm

bostock wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
Durham Giant wrote:

are you having a laugh,that is what a squad is for,we have 32 players in the first team SQUAD.(use them)
as for(love to see rochdale pound us)you should be banned from the galpharm. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It is arrogant and shows a complete lack of respect for Rochdale to expect to beat them with a predominantly acadamy side.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyTue May 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
bostock wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
Durham Giant wrote:

It is arrogant and shows a complete lack of respect for Rochdale to expect to beat them with a predominantly acadamy side.
saints have done it for years Smile
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyTue May 05, 2009 1:23 pm

bostock wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
bostock wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
Durham Giant wrote:

We're not Saints.

Look what happened when Wire expected to turn up and beat HKR (who were then in NL1) and they got beat. It is extremely unlikely many SL players could turn it on for a CC game against a NL2 side, but i can tell you now every single Rochdale player will play their hearts out.

The very least we can do for the palyers and fans is give them a good game and the respect they deserve.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyTue May 05, 2009 1:31 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
bostock wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
bostock wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
Durham Giant wrote:

We're not Saints.

Look what happened when Wire expected to turn up and beat HKR (who were then in NL1) and they got beat. It is extremely unlikely many SL players could turn it on for a CC game against a NL2 side, but i can tell you now every single Rochdale player will play their hearts out.

The very least we can do for the palyers and fans is give them a good game and the respect they deserve.
we would still give them a good game,but with the full first team it would be a boring walk over Smile
never mind respect,you do what is best for your own success. Smile
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:55 pm

I can see the plus/negatives with both points of view, I myself would look to rest a few but no disrespect to Rochdale. Players like Lunt, Griff, Cudjoe, Patrick are all experienced enough to step in and not weaken the team.

In fact a good run out for Lunt at Hooker will be very interesting as he is coming along nicely.

Rochdale will be up for it and it will be their cup final , lets just ensure we progress but I feel we can still do this and rest 4-5 players into the bargain.

There is no first team it's a squad game now and they are all our first team. Smile Team for Rochdale 21033 Team for Rochdale 21033 Team for Rochdale 21033 Smile
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:48 pm

Make your mind up Gem Bob Very Happy
Before the draw you wanted a tough fixture so we'd have a hard game. We've been given the easiest possible draw and we mention resting some of our best players which would even out the fixture a little more and you say we need to go full tilt at them with our best 17. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyTue May 05, 2009 8:37 pm

ponner wrote:
Before the draw you wanted a tough fixture so we'd have a hard game. We've been given the easiest possible draw and we mention resting some of our best players which would even out the fixture a little more and you say we need to go full tilt at them with our best 17. Neutral

Ah but there is resting players and then there is resting players.

Wink
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyTue May 05, 2009 10:24 pm

IMHO Browny is switched on enough to know what he is doing.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:30 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
ponner wrote:

Wink

.....................usually --I like a good riddle ..............but!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Wink
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:22 am

penninegiant wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
ponner wrote:

Wink

.....................usually --I like a good riddle ..............but!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Wink

I had a drink last night!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team for Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team for Rochdale   Team for Rochdale Empty

Back to top Go down

Team for Rochdale
Page 1 of 1