Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your opinions mid season

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Your opinions mid season Empty
PostSubject: Your opinions mid season   Your opinions mid season EmptyWed May 28, 2008 9:45 am

Now we're over half way through the season, let's have a few opinions on the questions below about our boys.

Best back so far?
Best forward so far?
Best youngster so far?
Who's under performing?
Who's doing better than you expected?
Who do we have nearest to a call up for England?
Which injury has hit us hardest?
Where do you expect us to finish at the end of the season?
Are you happy with the coaching staff?
Who can you see leaving us at the end of the season?
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Your opinions mid season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your opinions mid season   Your opinions mid season EmptyWed May 28, 2008 12:26 pm

Best back so far?
None of them have really set the world on fire, whether that is because they don't see enough ball or not is another question, but if I had to single one out it would be Whatuira. He started well and ok he isn't doing quite so well now, but he has been steady.

Best forward so far?

For me it's Jackson, solid, dependable, makes the hard yards, tackles everything, works so hard for the team.

Best youngster so far?
Has to be Lawrence, what a prospect he is. Reminds me of Martin Gleeson when he 1st broke into our team. Lets hope he also develops into a GB centre, although no betting on your own team to lose please.

Who's under performing?
As a team we are under performing. There has already been enough finger pointing and players singled out. It can't help team spirit, they bask in the glory together and take the bad times together, in my opinion.

Who's doing better than you expected?
Aspinwall is doing very well considering his injury and how long he was out for. I expected it to take him some time to get to speed, but he has comeback very nearly as good as before the injury and I'm sure with a bit more game time he will be back to his very best soon enough.

Who do we have nearest to a call up for England?
Trying to second guess the England coach is a nightmare. Those who I think should be called up are Hudson, Aspinwall and Crabtree. However I think Crabtree will not get in because of the form our side has been showing, Aspinwall because of his injury, so therefore Hudson is the closest for me.

Which injury has hit us hardest?

Wild, he is an awesome player.

Where do you expect us to finish at the end of the season?
Between 11th and 7th. I expect most of these bottom half teams to be very close to one another.

Are you happy with the coaching staff?
Of course not, we are losing too many games, but on the whole (ignoring the Catalan game) we are competitive and I know this makes me sound like Sharp, but not far off. Would I change them, no, I wouldn't I think we have talented coaches and stability will bring success in the long term. Could we add to them, well I think we should always be on the look out for the right person to add an extra dimension to the coaching staff.

Who can you see leaving us at the end of the season?

I don't know who's contracts are up, but there are already rumours of certain players moving on. I'd like us to keep hold of as many as possible, but without knowing how much they earn it's difficult to know if they provide value for money.
Back to top Go down

Your opinions mid season
Page 1 of 1