Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round

Go down 
+13
bostock
Meltham Giant
boomer
adelaide-giant.no9
Ivor C&G Scarf
ponner
BO JANGLES
reidy
washy
Natalie-x
Sammy Stripes
Gem Bob
FLYINGPROP
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:09 am

ponner wrote:
Durham Giant wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
Leeds win most of their games every season - they don;t need to prove to anyone how good they are because they are one of the best teams in the world.

Huddersfield on the other hand aren't. And it would be nice to have played a few difficult teams and then to win the CC. Winning it either way would be great, but it would be much more respectful had we earned our place through winning hard fought games.

You can only beat the teams that are in front of you. that is the beauty of the cup.

me i would settle for any sort of CC win. that is what goes in the record book. that gets publicity. that puts bums on seats an dthat is what will allow the club to change its website from 2006 CC finalists pray
Exactly, people never remember who you played on the way to the final, so in a few years time when it says 2009 Challenge cup winners in the record books. People will only look at who we played in the final..... and that will be Saints pray

Ill remember though.

The fans will remember. Don;t get me wrong a place in the final is a place in the final. But i would much rather watch the Giants play a hard fought game and lose than play an easy walk over a la York 2006 every week.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:06 pm

If we get to the Final then no doubt we'll hve to beat a decent team to get there. Chances are it'll be a SL team in the next round unless we're lucky again.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 6:26 pm

It depends how you look at it though. I watch RL because i love to watch the game. Maybe you love to watch the Giants more?
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:01 pm

There's no bigger RL fan than me. I'm over the moon with all the rugby on SKY this weekend. Just watched a cracking game between Sheffield and Doncaster. But i'd love the Giants to have the easiest route as possible to get to the final. Extra coppers in the jar to use as well as a great day out for us fans.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:49 pm

Absolutely, Donny and Sheff was a blinder, same as Wigan and Saints. I completely see where you are coming from. But id still rather see us play a few hard games than a majority of easy ones.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
Absolutely, Donny and Sheff was a blinder, same as Wigan and Saints. I completely see where you are coming from. But id still rather see us play a few hard games than a majority of easy ones.

I think after we have had such cr@p off referee's in recent years though the SL & the CC, whatever means will do.
A trip to Wembley and a win there will do me fella!
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:27 pm

reidy wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:

I think after we have had such cr@p off referee's in recent years though the SL & the CC, whatever means will do.
A trip to Wembley and a win there will do me fella!

Don't get me wrong, ill be on Rods bus to Wembley! Im just saying Cool
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:29 pm

Good lad!!!!
Bingo? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3