Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round

Go down 
+13
bostock
Meltham Giant
boomer
adelaide-giant.no9
Ivor C&G Scarf
ponner
BO JANGLES
reidy
washy
Natalie-x
Sammy Stripes
Gem Bob
FLYINGPROP
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:50 pm

EASY EASY EASY!

I'm laughing that we got them.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 2:00 pm

good draw Smile
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 2:19 pm

So long as Eorl tells them a story...

"..not very long ago there was a small, unfashionable club called Hunslet....."
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
So long as Eorl tells them a story...

"..not very long ago there was a small, unfashionable club called Hunslet....."
Just what I thought. Still, give some of the fringe players a game and make sure the whole side are fully up for it otherwise there is a danger they could get caught out.

Still can't complain about that draw.
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 3:42 pm

loving this draw Smile lets hope they keep there feet on the ground Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 21033 !! really hope fax can do over cas aswell would be a real upset then we draw them would be a result !! pray
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 6:05 pm

Personally i think It's a poor draw, I would have much prefered HKR or Cas at home, I can see why most are pleased and i am not Knocking them, but for me the CC is about hard fought games between evenly matched teams, not walkovers, Having said that the so called smaller teams are entitled to there chance, although i think all Super league clubs drawing NL sides should play at the NL ground.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 6:27 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Personally i think It's a poor draw, I would have much prefered HKR or Cas at home, I can see why most are pleased and i am not Knocking them, but for me the CC is about hard fought games between evenly matched teams, not walkovers, Having said that the so called smaller teams are entitled to there chance, although i think all Super league clubs drawing NL sides should play at the NL ground.

I could not agree more.

RL is a spectator sport. Where will the fun be in watching Hudds put 50 past a Championship side who only a few weeks back weren't even in existence. (went bust)

I much prefer hard fought, adrenaline filled games whereby it could be anyone's right up to the final whilst. Not some trouncing of a side who are 2 leagues lower than us and filled with guys who hold down a day job whilst training Tuesday and Thursday nights.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 6:43 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

I could not agree more.

RL is a spectator sport. Where will the fun be in watching Hudds put 50 past a Championship side who only a few weeks back weren't even in existence. (went bust)

I much prefer hard fought, adrenaline filled games whereby it could be anyone's right up to the final whilst. Not some trouncing of a side who are 2 leagues lower than us and filled with guys who hold down a day job whilst training Tuesday and Thursday nights.

The thing about it i suppose is that it gives a team like the Giants a supposedly easy game and therefor gives them a chance for a breather amongst a hard league program, Plus It's a bit more revenue as they are almost certain to go through. I know there's a chance they will lose, I was at Hunslet that day, and i also remember us getting beat at Donny around about the same period, can't remember if it was in the cup or not, think it must have been. Anyone remember it?
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 6:46 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

I could not agree more.

If that was the rule then we'd never have played Hunslet and lost to them. I'm sure Rochdale would have liked an easier draw but it's every players dream to play against a top team. Rochdale will be looking forward to the game.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:27 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

I could not agree more.

The thing about it i suppose is that it gives a team like the Giants a supposedly easy game and therefor gives them a chance for a breather amongst a hard league program, Plus It's a bit more revenue as they are almost certain to go through. I know there's a chance they will lose, I was at Hunslet that day, and i also remember us getting beat at Donny around about the same period, can't remember if it was in the cup or not, think it must have been. Anyone remember it?

It was our only defeat in the Northern Ford season. It was so foggy you couldn't see the pitch ends. And Stanley had an awful game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:40 pm

The beauty of the Challenge cup is the fact it gives so called lower teams an opportunity to increase their gate potentially by a few thousand. I agree completely that the Hornets will be looking forward to the game.

I still think we'll hammer them and ive still have rather seen us play someone like Saints.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:08 pm

Don't worry we will later in the rounds lol
Back to top Go down
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:32 pm

A classic game it ain't likely to be, but I would prefer we play 'lesser' sides all the way until the final and save our best for last. Beating Leeds in the semi's was a massive result, not just for us but for the Challenge Cup in general. The trouble was that in the end that game turned out to be our 'cup final' and we didn't show against Saints at Twickenham. So, as I said I'm more that happy for us to get to the final through the backdoor as it were and then smash the s#!*e out of Saints/Wigan/Cas/Warrington or whoever in the final! Plus we have Super League to think about, easier cup games may give us a chance to rest and rotate players so that would surely be an ideal situation.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:40 pm

anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf wrote:
A classic game it ain't likely to be, but I would prefer we play 'lesser' sides all the way until the final and save our best for last. Beating Leeds in the semi's was a massive result, not just for us but for the Challenge Cup in general. The trouble was that in the end that game turned out to be our 'cup final' and we didn't show against Saints at Twickenham. So, as I said I'm more that happy for us to get to the final through the backdoor as it were and then smash the s#!*e out of Saints/Wigan/Cas/Warrington or whoever in the final! Plus we have Super League to think about, easier cup games may give us a chance to rest and rotate players so that would surely be an ideal situation.
Smile Smile Smile agree
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 7:47 am

This is the beauty of the cup. If you'd asked Rochdale who they wanted in the draw it would have been Saints or Wigan away. I'm sure they will settle for us. Gives their players and fans the chance to visit a nice RL ground and earn a few extra quid from the gate.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:37 am

i agree with anwar... poor games all the way to wembley for me... i would rather reach wembley and win cup by beating all nl1 teams than not get to wembley
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:58 am

I see what people are saying. But beating NL1 teams then having a hard final - Thats hardly a big achievement.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:10 am

Gem Bob wrote:
I see what people are saying. But beating NL1 teams then having a hard final - Thats hardly a big achievement.

who did leeds beat on their way in 98 ??? or whatever year they beat broncos.. nobody cares because they won the cup
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:23 am

Leeds win most of their games every season - they don;t need to prove to anyone how good they are because they are one of the best teams in the world.

Huddersfield on the other hand aren't. And it would be nice to have played a few difficult teams and then to win the CC. Winning it either way would be great, but it would be much more respectful had we earned our place through winning hard fought games.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:26 am

Gem Bob wrote:
Leeds win most of their games every season - they don;t need to prove to anyone how good they are because they are one of the best teams in the world.

Huddersfield on the other hand aren't. And it would be nice to have played a few difficult teams and then to win the CC. Winning it either way would be great, but it would be much more respectful had we earned our place through winning hard fought games.

quins away aint no easy game.. just ask wire and hull fc
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:16 am

adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:

quins away aint no easy game.. just ask wire and hull fc

They dont get a lot easier than last Saturday, But fair enough i know what you are saying, most people would settle for easy games all the way to the final and who can blame them, When we got there last time we beat two Super league sides on the way, Which to me was far more satisfying than when we got to the Semi, IIRC that year we played York, Donny ,Pia and then got a right tonking against Saints, So yes i suppose i would agree , it is better to get there by a very easy route than not get there, but as i say It's more satisfying if you have beaten some good teams on the way, But as AG says Quins on another day could be a totally different ball game. If we play the kind of football we played last week we need not fear anyone, and I'll be well happy.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 5:11 pm

Gem Bob wrote:

Gotta disagree with ya on this one Gembob, If Huddersfield Giants can win the Challenge Cup then that would be a massive achievement. I am not bothered who we draw as we can only play against the team in front of you and don't get me wrong these NL1 and 2 teams will be well up for it.

It gives them chance to pit themselves against a SL team and gives them share of the gate money so ties should be played as per the draw.

We have landed an easy game on paper but it's all about the luck of the draw, I'm sure somewhere along the way we will come up against another SL team and on current form bet a few are glad they have avoided us. Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 21033
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:40 pm

WIN WIN WIN ALL THE WAT FOR ME!!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:06 pm

Gem Bob wrote:

You can only beat the teams that are in front of you. that is the beauty of the cup.

me i would settle for any sort of CC win. that is what goes in the record book. that gets publicity. that puts bums on seats an dthat is what will allow the club to change its website from 2006 CC finalists pray
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Durham Giant wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:

You can only beat the teams that are in front of you. that is the beauty of the cup.

me i would settle for any sort of CC win. that is what goes in the record book. that gets publicity. that puts bums on seats an dthat is what will allow the club to change its website from 2006 CC finalists pray
Exactly, people never remember who you played on the way to the final, so in a few years time when it says 2009 Challenge cup winners in the record books. People will only look at who we played in the final..... and that will be Saints pray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round   Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rugby League Challenge Cup 5th Round
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next