Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat

Go down 
+9
Ivor C&G Scarf
Durham Giant
adelaide-giant.no9
Gem Bob
BO JANGLES
matt01
Old School
reidy
ponner
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat Empty
PostSubject: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:45 pm

Quote :
Huddersfield coach Nathan Brown will have the rare luxury of picking from a full-strength squad for the high-flying Giants’ trip to Wigan.

Forwards Eorl Crabtree and Simon Finnigan made their comebacks from injury in Sunday’s 46-6 win over Harlequins, and the return to fitness of the Giants’ other remaining casualties has given Brown a clean bill of health and a selection headache.

Hooker David Faiumu (groin) and back rower Andy Raleigh (finger) have been passed fit for the game at the JJB Stadium while former Wigan winger Martin Aspinwall is hoping to be one of five players lining up against their old club after recovering from a torn calf muscle.

The only Huddersfield player not available to Brown is reserve half-back Tom Hemingway, who is close to recovering from a shoulder re-construction.

“It’s good to have everybody back,” said Brown. “I’ve got some good headaches. It will be a tough selection this week.

“The medical staff have done a great job. It’s a good situation to be in. It’s better than looking for players.”

The Giants are lying in fourth place after winning four of their opening six matches under Brown and their squad is expected to be further boosted in the coming weeks by Australian utility player Liam Fulton, who is awaiting the arrival of a visa.

“He’s still training with Wests Tigers so he’ll turn up in good shape,” said Brown. “We’re just waiting for the phone call and hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.”

Brown also confirmed the club are hoping to secure the signing of New Zealand Warriors’ World Cup winning half-back or hooker Nathan Fien for 2010.

“He’s a player of interest, that’s for sure,” he said.
LINK

Last edited by ponner on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:49 pm

Excellent news! Smile
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:55 pm

Hey up Wink
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:56 pm

How are ya fella?
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:09 pm

so with everyone available what would your line up be?

for me it would be:
1. Hodgson
2. Aspinwall
3. Lawrence
4. Whatuira
5. Hodgson
6. Brown
7. Robinson
8. Jackson
9. Moore
10. Mason
11. Wild
12. Raleigh
13. Finnigan

14. Crabtree
15. Griffin
16. Faiumu
17. Lolesi

that means the likes of Cudjoe, Kirkmond, Lunt etc... miss the cut, the reserves should also have a good weekend.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:31 pm

There is a old saying in sport that you should not change a winning team, however i will trust NB to select the right players to deal with Wigans danger men, As was the case with Hull , the halves could well be a handfull.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:24 am

BO JANGLES wrote:
There is a old saying in sport that you should not change a winning team, however i will trust NB to select the right players to deal with Wigans danger men, As was the case with Hull , the halves could well be a handfull.

Absolutely agree, the thing is each opposition is different. Size, speed, tactics etc. I think there are times when it is vital to swap players around to match the opposition as best you can.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:27 am

Tough one for Brown is that. Do you stick with a winning side or do you upset someone to bring in another player even though the dropped player played well? Well i'm glad i'm not making the decision. Who's going on Friday? Should take a better following than we usually do taking into account our form. Think we'll just shade this on 24-20
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:36 am

Don;t know if im going yet. Its a toss up, ive got Batley Thursday night and Dewsbury Sunday.

or

Giants Friday night.

When i could watch Saints Smash Wakey.

??
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:39 am

Gem Bob wrote:
Don;t know if im going yet. Its a toss up, ive got Batley Thursday night and Dewsbury Sunday.

or

Giants Friday night.

??
If you go on Friday you could pick me up on your way to the M62 Wink
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:42 am

Gem Bob wrote:

or

Giants Friday night.

??

you should be relegated to the rlfans site for that comment...batley/dewsbury or hudds Mmmmm the mind boggles, no wonder you dont know where to send your pm's Wink
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:43 am

is the game on sky etc and is it a 20.00 hours kick off( 06.30 in gods country)
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:48 am

It's Wakey v Saints on SKY but heard a rumour it may be called off due to so soon after the death of Leon Walker. If this is the case then i'd imagine SKY to cover our game.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:08 am

BO JANGLES wrote:

Gotta disagree about the team selection i would definitely bring back Raleigh gives us good go forward and tackles his heart out. he would be my first player on the team sheet every week.

i would probably bring ASPY back as well so experienced and is very sound defensively

faiumu i would probably bring back. More experienced than Lunt and probably better at moving the forwards around distribution wise.

I would also keep Kirmond on. Brown seems to be planning for the future and wanting to play young English players. i am not sure we will see some of our overseas players here next year. I think he will go for quality imports who may take up a bit of salary cap.

But i agree about Brown's team selections have got used to Brown springing surprises and am happy to leave it up to him. I think he appears to be picking teams based on a game plan to beat or nullify the opposition rather than what he feels is a first choice team and so far it is working. It means that all the players know that they will get a chance sooner or later. that helps to keep the squad happy and that over a season it is 25 man game.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:13 am

it takes a good man to keep 25 pro players happy ..hopefully brown is doing this correctly, players playing for places is a great problem to have
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:25 am

I wonder if fringe players at the back of their minds hope for some first team players to have a little injury so they can have the chance to prove themselves on the big stage though Wink
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:27 am

ponner wrote:
I wonder if fringe players at the back of their minds hope for some first team players to have a little injury so they can have the chance to prove themselves on the big stage though Wink

most players will do this i suppose, its human nature..
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:13 am

Ponner: Its unlikely ill go tbh, but if i do ill let you know : )

Charlie: If you'd have seen Dewsbury v York you would see just how exciting a team they are to watch, in fact every Dewsbury game this year has been better than all Giants games except for Bulls.
Batley - well, Dewsbury season ticket holders get in for a fiver so its a no brainer.

That said the Wigan friendly was a good game.

Apart from Ponner anyone else interested in a lift? The more coming the less petrol each. There are 4 spaces in my car but i always take my lad so 2 left, 1 if Ponner is being serious.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Actually cancel my last post.

Having just realised visitors are bunged behind the sticks im sacking it off. Not paying 20 bean to sit behind the sticks.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 1:47 pm

We're in the East Stand - where we were last year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 2:22 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
We're in the East Stand - where we were last year.

I looked on the Wigan site and it said South Stand (or maybe north actually) for way supporters.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:34 pm

If we were in the North Stand our tickets on sale at the stadium would be for that area alas they're for the East stand which suggests the North stand is closed!
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Whats the website on about then? If were sitting side on ill go.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 5:00 pm

which web site? I've looked on their official one and theres no mention of the organisation on friday! But I suggest it's like us who don't open the south stand if we're not expecting many away fans!

But our allocation's for the East stand along the touchline not behind the sticks!
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:05 am

I can't go Sad Going to Cardiff for weekend but I will be there in spirit Smile ... Plus I will be getting GD to keep me updated Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat   Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat Empty

Back to top Go down

Brown's selection headache + Wigan chat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next