Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Castleford

Go down 
+7
Gem Bob
ponner
Ivor C&G Scarf
JudgeB
BO JANGLES
reidy
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Castleford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:51 am

Agree with you Ponner, we will need to be alot smarter to get the better of Quins (who I think are an outstanding team under McDermott by the way). If we give away penalties and possession like we did at Cas then we will be made to pay. We have so much potential as a team, you can see glimpses of it in nearly every game...but we are just lacking that spark, that bit of inventive..surprise element play. That is why I was so delighted with the try Brown set up for D Hodgson with that deft kick, that was intelligent and easy on the eye. Great stuff! Have to say I think Kevin has let no one down since switching to stand off so far this season....I'm looking for a little bit more from Luke though, especially with his kicking game.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Just back to London. Great win under pressure. Defence excellent at times, especially Wild and Lawrence. Ganson poor. Lots of Giants fans there making lots of noise. All players came over at the end to a BIG group of fans. B Hodgson shock hands of loads of fans. Top class bloke! With interpassing at ruck we were so dangerous and bombed 3 tries.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Lucky to win id say.

Cas should have won or at least drawn, having viewed the kick over the sticks that was not given i can confirm it went over. I paused it and you could see it did actually go over the sticks.

Defence was awesome (except on the wing and centres again) and attack was a lot mor fluid.

A good win but if we play like that week in week out we won;t win for long.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 5:16 pm

reidy wrote:
JudgeB wrote:
Just think about the youth out there tonight
Cudjoe
Lawrence
Kirmond
Lunt
Walsh
Patrick
Moore

Pretty inexperienced but what effort they all put in, especially giving so much ground away with silly penalties.
Full marks to all the lads. 2 pints from a game I honestly thought we would struggle in.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Obviously got alcohol on the brain hey Reidy Wink
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Has anyone seen the comments made by Mr Matterson after the game?
Accusing Nathan Brown of bringing grapple tackles to super league!

Think he needs to go back in time and take a look at last season when there was plenty of grapple tackles in super league!
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 6:23 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
Lucky to win id say.

Cas should have won or at least drawn, having viewed the kick over the sticks that was not given i can confirm it went over. I paused it and you could see it did actually go over the sticks.

Defence was awesome (except on the wing and centres again) and attack was a lot mor fluid.

Both touch judges raised their flags immediately without even looking at each other. It didn't go through the posts. End of.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 6:26 pm

Meltham Giant wrote:

Think he needs to go back in time and take a look at last season when there was plenty of grapple tackles in super league!

And that from someone who had a player put on report for a blatant attempt to take one off our players' head off!!

You didn't ask him about that on the SL Show did you, Mr Grayshon.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 9:45 pm

Meltham Giant wrote:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f87/13/57/68/52/_4550111.jpg

Happens this season too but as against Huddersfield never hear anything about it?
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 9:52 pm

I was there last night and really wanted to watch the match tonight only to find that the V+ box Failed in it's recording, I'm gutted especially as my hard drive has every Giants sky match since I got the damn thing and they're all unviewed as I never wanted to watch them again!! Had I known earlier i would've watched the replays today instead I had to put up with Cobi's kids tv!!

A good night though, never once heard the cas fans despite them being confident of pasting us, the giants fans were again at full voice!!

It's fair top say that despite us deserving our penalties just like a t Bradford, Cas were not so angelic and again like Bradford ganson pinged us all the time but allowed Cas to get away with it!

One reasojn I wanted to watch it was because of Cas' accusations of our apparent grapple tackle and yet last season Cas along with other teams were doing it all the time and no doubt Cas would've been doing it last night!! In fact last season teams were getting pinged for it and this they aren't, classic example was Saints players tightly hugging Bruno's neck as portrayed on the BBC website along with many national newspapers!

Cobi yet again got more friends at Cas like he did at the friendly! Don't know how he does it! Though I have had to quickly get the Cas chants out of his head thanks to Cas fans teaching him!!
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 9:53 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
Lucky to win id say.

Both touch judges raised their flags immediately without even looking at each other. It didn't go through the posts. End of.

Dave it did.

I paused it and saw about 2 inch of sky between the post and the ball. Everyone on the Sky commentary said it did and they showed it in slow motion and it did.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:02 pm

Looks like when I was writing my post FP posted the very picture I refer to in my post!
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 8:14 am

Gem Bob wrote:
Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
Lucky to win id say.

Dave it did.

I paused it and saw about 2 inch of sky between the post and the ball. Everyone on the Sky commentary said it did and they showed it in slow motion and it did.

Fair does then.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 4:05 pm

As they used to say "Look in't paper tomorrow, that'll tell thi if it were over or not" Castleford - Page 2 21033 Wink Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Castleford
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2