Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Castleford

Go down 
+7
Gem Bob
ponner
Ivor C&G Scarf
JudgeB
BO JANGLES
reidy
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Our defence so far is awful, 12 minutes in. Get Griffin on now Brown! We need a bit of strength and Leroy it ain't touch Rugby son....make a tackle!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:54 pm

We are taking the game to Cas more now, they look like they might be getting a little bit tired. Worried about the amount of silly penalties Moore gives away, needs to cut that out of his game. All in all we have showed some character and we can definately see this game out if we use our brains abit more otherwise I could see us losing by giving away stupid penalties and possession.

I'd love to win this one, I work with a few Cas fans and they been taking this game for granted saying they gonna walk all over us! Come on the Giants, Nathan earn your money and get the players in the right frame of mind for the second half!!!

Come on lads!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:56 pm

They have made it hard work for themselves Anwar.
Silly errors and Mason's penalties, he's lucky not to have been sin-binned.
They are missing Eorl and Andy Raleigh thats for sure although Michael Lawrence, Brown and David Hodgson are having a good game.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 7:23 pm

Lawrence immense and Cudjoe is playing a blinder now. Not sure about that last Cas try, wouldn't have said Lawrence stripped it myself....lost control for me.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 7:24 pm

Forget what I just said about Cudjoe, guy couldn't tackle a hot dinner!!!!! Awful defence there from Giants Sad
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 7:51 pm

Great win! Defence won us that game, but a better side would have mauled us for the amount of penalties we gave away!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 8:08 pm

We had some decisions against us, but we were still poor mate.
The penalties could have quite easily have lost us that.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Aye, im still not fully convinced that Nathan Brown is the messiah who will take us to glory.....we look vulnerable and have some obvious weaknesses. Thought Kev Brown had a decent game apart from that mistake by the try line.....the amount of tackling he get's through for a stand off is very impressive...he is majorly underrated by alot of Giants fans.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 8:20 pm

Couldn't agree more about Kev, but since week 1, Nathan has had injuries.
Bear in mind it's a completely new team to him and Thewlis has done the recruitment until Nathan was signed, so we are pretty much stuck with what he has at the moment.
I do think that we should sign Scott Moore on a permanent basis though, he is quality and getting better by the week.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 8:29 pm

reidy wrote:
Bear in mind it's a completely new team to him and Thewlis has done the recruitment until Nathan was signed, so we are pretty much stuck with what he has at the moment.
I do think that we should sign Scott Moore on a permanent basis though, he is quality and getting better by the week.

Especially at giving penalties.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 8:31 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
reidy wrote:

Yeah he needs to tidy up Bo, but what a work rate! Smile
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 8:34 pm

The penalties thing is such a nonsense because he really is a top quality player, potential to be a future international star but why does he give away so many cheap penalties? He needs to sort himself out or he'll continue to see his career slide and that is obviously not mean't with any disrespect to Cas or the Giants but neither side are anywhere close to the levels and achievements over the years of Saints....he will in his heart of hearts want to stake a claim for a platying role at that club and so he should really use this season with the Giants as the opportunity he needs to show what he is all about.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 8:44 pm

reidy wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
reidy wrote:

Can't see Saints letting him go though Scott, ( sorry reidy )
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 8:57 pm

Just think about the youth out there tonight
Cudjoe
Lawrence
Kirmond
Lunt
Walsh
Patrick
Moore

Pretty inexperienced but what effort they all put in, especially giving so much ground away with silly penalties.
Full marks to all the lads. 2 pints from a game I honestly thought we would struggle in.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 8:58 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
reidy wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
reidy wrote:

S'alright fella. Not fussed about the name job. Gets thrown around on here often enough!

I agree, Saints will prob want to keep him and let us make a player out of him.
But realistically, he's no worse than the likes of Gareth Hock as far as infringements go and look at where he his now. He just keeps going and going.

I also think that David Hodgson fully desrved MotM tonight, Brett Hodgson was great and Kev Brown as Anwar said, was great apart from the silly attempted offload. If he had have kept a hold of that, I reckon he would have been neck-and-neck for MotM.

Lets just hope that Eorl, Finnegan, Andy and Aspy are back soon so we can show our full force, but without the stupid penalties.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 8:58 pm

JudgeB wrote:
Just think about the youth out there tonight
Cudjoe
Lawrence
Kirmond
Lunt
Walsh
Patrick
Moore

Pretty inexperienced but what effort they all put in, especially giving so much ground away with silly penalties.
Full marks to all the lads. 2 pints from a game I honestly thought we would struggle in.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 9:39 pm

reidy wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
reidy wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
reidy wrote:

S'alright fella. Not fussed about the name job. Gets thrown around on here often enough!

I agree, Saints will prob want to keep him and let us make a player out of him.
But realistically, he's no worse than the likes of Gareth Hock as far as infringements go and look at where he his now. He just keeps going and going.

I also think that David Hodgson fully deserved MotM tonight, Brett Hodgson was great and Kev Brown as Anwar said, was great apart from the silly attempted offload. If he had have kept a hold of that, I reckon he would have been neck-and-neck for MotM.

Lets just hope that Eorl, Finnegan, Andy and Aspy are back soon so we can show our full force, but without the stupid penalties.

To be able to win a game with so little possession, and so many penalties, you have to think that if they ever get themselves sorted they can be a force. The pack is very lightweight at the moment so when the likes of Raleigh Crabtree and Finnegan get back, things will look a lot lot better, Thought both Hodgsons played well tonight, Though i was really surprised how quickly D Hodgson was caught after he took that ball at speed and was free and clear.

I still wish we had kept Hudson, but all in all i shall go to bed happy, having got the points.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Hudson is quality, but Scott Moore definately has more potential. As has been mentioned we will be a different proposition when Crabbers, Raleigh, Finnigan and Griffs are all playing together. Felt that was a major reason for our demise against Hull, lacked punch in the forwards. Got to say that I don't think Wild has looked his usual world class self of late....I always think he is strongest at loose forward....but I suppose needs must and Nathan knows what he wants from the lads.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Although Kev played well tonight, I hope we can develop him into a stand-off. The potential is there.
We were lacking in the forwards against Hull, that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 10:20 pm

I hope so as well, because if he doesn't then I can't really see him having a future at the club said to say because I really rate him. Strangely enough he has all the attributes to be a really good forward except one crucial thing, size! Think the next few years are going to see the side develop and change, expect quite a few to go elsewhere as we continue recruiting a higher calibre of player. There is no doubting though that Michael Lawrence is destined for the top, he has top class athlete written all over him and in a few years he will be pushing for a regular spot in the national side.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 10:26 pm

We have quite a few top flight players, overlooked for the national squad as they prefer Leeds/Saints players. That turned around and bit Smithy square on the butt in the World Cup through the in-fighting that occured.
Maybe future selections will reflect the efforts of our guys and rightly so!
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 1:03 am

Wild continued his tackle-man role. He was involved in e ery other tackle. Outstanding.

Mason was immense tonight. OK, lost his control a couple of times, but he has made Giant steps in the close season.

No comments so far about our dea friend. What did you telly-addicts think about his decisions with the benefit of replays? I thought he was an absolute disgrace. It was typified by that late shot on ~~~ [can't remember at the moment]. He was standing next to the incident and merely gave a penalty. It took the touch judge to intervene for Ganson to do anything about it!

How did the "Same old Ganson, always cheating" come across on TV?

There was a tremendous atmosphere within the Giants' ranks, on a par, if not better, than Salford a couple of years ago.

More later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 7:43 am

Thought we made it hard for ourselves last night. Mason was a liability in the 1st half with knock ons and penalties. Tackles from Lawrence and Brett saved the day although the defence on a whole was immense considering the amount of possession Cas had. We need to play smarter rugby to be able to put teams to bed early. Ganson made a few cock ups against us but on a whole I think most of the penalties he gave against us were correct. If we ever get our strongest team on the field at one time then I think we're as good as anyone. Hopefully with Crabtree and Raleigh back next week we'll show the home supporters what they can do against a Quins side who put 60 points past Warrington yesterday.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:20 am

Ive taped it and will watch it after my kids rugby this morning.

Gutted to know we won but glad we did!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:22 am

Quote :
Former St George Illawarra coach Nathan Brown has been accused of introducing the "grapple tackle" into Super League with Huddersfield.

Castleford's Australian coach Terry Matterson launched a verbal attack on his compatriot after Brown's team beat the Tigers 26-24 in a thrilling derby at the Jungle.

Huddersfield overcame a 14-5 penalty count and the sin-binning of winger Leroy Cudjoe to make it seven consecutive wins away from home and end Castleford's three-match winning run.

"I think the penalties in the second half were 6-0 and it should have been 16-0," said Matterson.

"They have done a good job eradicating the grapple tackle in the NRL with two referees but Huddersfield have brought it here.

"I've watched their first three games and they were round our heads all day. They kept doing it and our guys were frustrated.

"We don't want people around guys' necks. It didn't happen when I played. The guys will end up taking it into their own hands.

"At the end of the day, that's not why we lost. We had enough opportunities.

"I thought we played dumb footie. If we score over 20 points, we win most games but our goalline defence was poor."

Brown launched a strong defence of the accusation and revealed he has already spoken to RFL referees chief Stuart Cummings on the subject of the "grapple", where players are tackled around the neck after initial contact in an attempt to delay the play-the-ball.

"We don't grapple," insisted Brown. "We're getting harshly mis-treated. If we end up around heads, we should be penalised. We don't practise it. I don't believe in it myself.

"If they can have that much ball and can't beat us and they're worried about us grappling, well they're going to have more problems as the year goes on."

Former Great Britain winger David Hodgson scored his first hat-trick for Huddersfield as the Giants came from 12-6 down to claim their third win of the season, despite being reduced to 12 men through the sin-binning of Cudgoe.

"It was a good effort and we executed some nice tries," added Brown. "We didn't get as much ball as we would have liked but every time we got down there we seemed to get over the line, which was pleasing.

"Castleford are a very good attacking side, very dangerous, and they are always going to cause sides trouble.

"For them to have amount of ball they had and for us to be able to hang in there and win, especially with 12 men for a 10-minute period, we can be pretty proud of ourselves."

Brett Ferres scored two tries for Castleford after being switched from the second row to centre following the loss of Michael Shenton with a torn quad muscle.
Cass boss doesn't like the Brown stuff LINK
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

Castleford Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castleford   Castleford Empty

Back to top Go down

Castleford
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next