Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crowd

Go down 
+5
BO JANGLES
wheatley92
washy
matt01
JudgeB
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Crowd Empty
PostSubject: Crowd   Crowd EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:42 pm

Did today's crowd exceed peoples /clubs expectations? I thought it an excellent turnout, certainly more than I anticipated.
With 5500 ST holders & say 3000 Saints fans max then that leaves over 2500 extra bodies who may just come back again with a bit of luck.
I doubt the next home game, with being on Sky and on a Friday night will draw as many though. But really I feel we should be looking at 8000 minimum.
What do others think?
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowd   Crowd EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:57 pm

It was a great crowd, a bit bigger than I thought it would be. I was expecting around the 10,000 mark so in that respect it was a pleasant surprise. Perhaps the bring a buddy worked well too. With the next game being on a Friday night, I know of four who won't be able to make it. In fact because of all the evening KO's my next game isn't going to be until the Quins game Sad
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowd   Crowd EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:07 pm

I knew it would exceed 9K and maybe push 10k! but we were told not to expect more than 11k so to exceed it was amazing.

But why is it that we get the crowds and never win!!????
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowd   Crowd EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:11 pm

I think this was one of our better performances in front of a large crowd.
Just hope that extra 2-3K realise that.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowd   Crowd EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:24 pm

From what I gather many there today were not the usual free loaders, ie no givaways or freebies. Though it could be argued they were only there for the tenner tickets they still paid, you never know if these extra were the fickle lot or not till we get a good run behind us!!
Back to top Go down
wheatley92
Ballboy
Ballboy
wheatley92

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowd   Crowd EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Everytime we get a big crowd, we dont seem to impress the crowd with the score,
today we played great, just the scoreline wasn't to our favour,
i think that most of todays crowd will still come and watch, even if we win or loose

hopefully we wil bounce back in next fridays game Crowd 21033 pray
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowd   Crowd EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 11:45 pm

washy wrote:
I knew it would exceed 9K and maybe push 10k! but we were told not to expect more than 11k so to exceed it was amazing.

But why is it that we get the crowds and never win!!????

Maybe It's something to do with usualy playing one of the top sides when we get a big crowd, thereby makeing it harder to get the win, amends can be made by getting a win at Bradford, that will help for the week after when we are on TV. Today we were beaten by a better side , next week we could be the better side, The bulls look very strong in the forwards, but if we can match them i think we have the backs to win it.
Back to top Go down
nathaniel999
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowd   Crowd EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 7:13 pm

brilliant crowd yesterday for me. great atmosphere and i just hope everyone travles to bradford on friday night and support the boys in claret and gold. If people can't make it to bradford then come down galpharm to watch us against hull. lets get a good atmosphere going again and the players might be up for it more. I think we have to be the 18th msn this year in out squad
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowd   Crowd EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 8:26 pm

Don't think Saints had more than 2000 either! Great show. But a long drive back to London and terrible traffic.
Back to top Go down
sadu
Ballboy
Ballboy
sadu

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowd   Crowd EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 9:05 pm

yeah great turn out.. but why are we so boaring with our chanting.. or lack of chants...?? we have to find a more energetic/ or encouraging song than 'fallin in love....' .. hmmm can't think of anything right now.. but maybe something the younger fans might enjoy belting out too?
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowd   Crowd EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 3:28 am

sadu wrote:
yeah great turn out.. but why are we so boaring with our chanting.. or lack of chants...?? we have to find a more energetic/ or encouraging song than 'fallin in love....' .. hmmm can't think of anything right now.. but maybe something the younger fans might enjoy belting out too?

Completely agree with you Sadu, I was sat at the front with the kids, The crowd started chanting "Fartown clap,clap,clap Fartown clap,clap,clap" I joined in twice then it just stopped? The atmosphere could have been fantastic with that crowd.

Saints started chanting and it seemed to echo round all the ground and went on for a while, Think we need the Drum in the main stand Wink or at least more people to join in with the singing.

Is it cos we are sat down that it doesn't seem to be as good an atmosphere?

any thoughts
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowd   Crowd EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 6:07 pm

Sitting down and the ones prepared to get involved in the chants mean we are fairly quiet. Its probably why the few hundred who go to away matches make more noise than the several thousand at home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crowd   Crowd Empty

Back to top Go down

Crowd
Page 1 of 1