Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fridays crowd

Go down 
+8
Durham Giant
Clock-Face-Giant
reidy
boomer
sparky
dannablue
Gem Bob
ponner
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:40 pm

What can be done to get more down to the game on Friday night? We usually struggle to get a good turn out when it's a Friday night game live on SKY. What can be offered to get the Huddersfield public to the game or other team fans for live Friday night live rugby league between the competition leaders v the champions? Any decent ideas will be sent to the club so get it on here quick so they have time to act on it if it's possible.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:24 pm

People like to get drunk on a Friday night and most don't like Carlsberg or having to pay £3 odd for it.

Friday night games should have decent beer and decent prices.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:35 pm

TBH I don't think the beer has anything to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:17 am

its why ill be sat at home watching it on sky.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:27 am

I dont need a beer to enjoy the match live or at home. I enjoy watching games on Sky but enjoy them more live. Besides folks can get beer at nearby establishments prior to the match - that said the cost of a pint in a normal pub is not much cheaper than the stadium these days.

Friday nights are sometimes difficult for those who have to travel some distance after work - my brother for example who will have to come from Hull having done a day's work. Or my friend who is travelling from Coventry. It usually means folks have to take time off work to make it. That said as long as Sky pull the purse strings we have to play when we are told if on TV.

I think some folks also struggle as they usually bring children and Friday night they may not want to bring them and without someone to baby sit they have to stay home too.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:08 am

Personally, I think the problem IS the work issue. I have to race like a madman to make the KO for home games on a Friday night. Away games on Friday and Saturday are non-starters for me unless I get very lucky and finish work early. I wish all games were Sunday afternoons myself. But SKY rules the roost I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:13 am

Its nice to be the team sky want to show, and great exposure, but it does nothing for
our average gates, On a Sunday this would probabley attracted anywhere between
10 and 15K, playing well, top of the league, v Champions, as it is we,ll get between
7 -9k, l think nearer 7
Fridays crowd 21033
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:15 am

boomer wrote:
Its nice to be the team sky want to show, and great exposure, but it does nothing for
our average gates, On a Sunday this would probabley attracted anywhere between
10 and 15K, playing well, top of the league, v Champions, as it is we,ll get between
7 -9k, l think nearer 7
Fridays crowd 21033

Especially if the weather is pants Boomer. This time of year puts a few people off turning out. They will prefer the warmth of the armchair and a brew-in-hand.
Back to top Go down
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Clock-Face-Giant

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:00 am

Tongue firmly in cheek but i'm gueesing that there's a fair few disallusioned bulls fans about at the moment maybe try and tap into this market.

As a special promotion any Bulls season ticket holders that turn up on friday with their books get in for a tenner and also get a free dvd of last sundays game?
Smile
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:42 am

I know it sounds unrealistic. But I work all week, on Friday nights I want to relax, chill out and have a beer.

It will cost me £21 into the game, then over 3 quid for a pint of Carlsberg - Probably the nastiest beer in the world.

If I go to Asda I can get whatever I want for a lot less and then sit in my warm, cosy house and still see the game.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:45 am

It would cost you less if you pre-purchase your ticket, or perhaps obtain a buddy voucher....I have one you could have with pleasure. If that doesnt appeal enjoy the game anyway
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:49 am

dannablue wrote:
It would cost you less if you pre-purchase your ticket, or perhaps obtain a buddy voucher....I have one you could have with pleasure. If that doesnt appeal enjoy the game anyway

Thanks I really appreciate your offer, but Ive got a few mates coming round now.

Thanks all the same Fridays crowd 793373
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
dannablue wrote:

Thanks I really appreciate your offer, but Ive got a few mates coming round now.

Thanks all the same Fridays crowd 793373

No worries... Smile
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:34 pm

well if the prospect of this does not get the fans down nothing will.

Personally i hope neither of theTomkins brothers get a ban. I quite fancy seeing

Sam Tomkins
O'Loughlin, Mossop, McIlorum, Coley
Hoffman, Lima and Joel

Up against

Mason, Griffin, fa alogo, O'Donnell, crabtree.

Especially after last season. It could be spicier than a vindaloo. Definitely one to see live rather than watch on Sky
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:01 pm

I work hard all week getting up at 4.15am this week (and every alternate week) yet I'm prepared to wait until after the game on Friday night before I have a beer. I love my rugby more than my beer so it's not a decision I have to put a lot of thought in to. Going back to my starting post, is it going to take a trophy before we start really pulling the crowds in although we've improved massively over the years?
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:24 pm

I think consistency would help, in recent years we have had increased attendances only for us to get a big crowd and the team fall at the first hurdle and we end up getting thumped on the field...many go away with a bad experience not wanting to return. I am not saying its about winning always but we have to be consistent, the effort off and on the field needs to match and even if we lose if we put up a sterling performance and give the crowd something to shout about then some of those new punters will return having had a good time.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:28 pm

Having young kids and evening games are a bad combination.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:30 pm

ponner wrote:
I work hard all week getting up at 4.15am this week (and every alternate week) yet I'm prepared to wait until after the game on Friday night before I have a beer. I love my rugby more than my beer so it's not a decision I have to put a lot of thought in to. Going back to my starting post, is it going to take a trophy before we start really pulling the crowds in although we've improved massively over the years?

Im a single Dad with 3 young kids, follow both Dewsbury and Huddersfield, Coach Batley Boys and Ref twice each weekend and work full time.
Friday and Sunday night are the only nights I get to chill out and so I like to relax with a beer.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:17 pm

I have 200 mile to travel so Friday is out, such a shame, would love to be there. I guess I have to move back up to hudds at some stage. If I could I would make it.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:35 pm

ponner wrote:

Relate to this and fully agree, live game for me then home and watch the sky coverage with an ice cold bevy, watching it with Stevo commentry is like it been a different game TBH
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:34 pm

ponner wrote:

if you getting up at 4-15 tomorrow ----you oughta be in bed now Cinders!!! Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fridays crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fridays crowd   Fridays crowd Empty

Back to top Go down

Fridays crowd
Page 1 of 1