Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrington crowd

Go down 
+5
ponner
washy
matt01
JudgeB
Shogun
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:34 pm

What sort of crowd will we draw on Sunday ??

Given good weather I think we could push the 10,000.
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:20 pm

Being on a Sunday afternoon and no Sky then our turnout should be better than Bulls and if Warrington bring their normal support or maybe more then 10K should be achievable.
A great game in prospect.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:46 pm

I think you guys are being a bit optimistic. We only got just over 7000 last season for the Wire game. Hopefully it will be much higher than that as we still have the bring a friend vouchers floating around. Still 8000 would be good for this one, me thinks or am I being a bit pessimistic?
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:03 pm

matt01 wrote:
I think you guys are being a bit optimistic. We only got just over 7000 last season for the Wire game. Hopefully it will be much higher than that as we still have the bring a friend vouchers floating around. Still 8000 would be good for this one, me thinks or am I being a bit pessimistic?

If the Bulls only brought say 2.5K (optimistic) on a cold Friday night with Sky present, then we pulled in somewhere in the region of 7K ourselves. Being a night match may well have reduced kids and hence parents. Easier to watch on the box.
With this match being on a Sunday afternoon, not on TV, and with both teams looking good and playing some good rugby, we should be able to at least maintain or possibly improve our numbers. I reckon Warrington will at least match the Bulls so 10K is not out the question and not optimistic IMHO. Only Sunday will tell.

Looks like your glass is half empty whilst mine is half full for a change.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:20 pm

Bulls didn't bring 2.5k hough it was more like 1.5k. Wire are expected to bring 2.5k though!

I really can't call this attendance though as looking at the forecast it looks cold and snowy! ( always snows on my birthday for some reason well mostly, been around too long!!) I'd say 10k is acheivable because many families didn't go on to the Bulls game as it was too late for the kiddies!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 2:11 am

From memory I think the turnstiles counted only 1,555 Bulls fans behind the sticks. If we can bring the same amount of home fans that attended the Bulls game then I think 10k is very likely. As it's the only SL game on Sunday and such an attractive fixture, i'd be hoping for anything over 10k personally.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:26 am

Yeah but how many locals/neutrals or even fans will be going to the WCC instead?
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:16 am

well not me Gem --aint interested much in World Cup Cricket! Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 12:52 pm

penninegiant wrote:
well not me Gem --aint interested much in World Cup Cricket! Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

They're getting worse Rod Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:20 pm

Naaaah -you know what they say ------ the old uns are the best!! Wink Smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:50 am

It's nearly time people!!! Let's not let the Warrington fans drowned out our chants. BE LOUD AND PROUD!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:26 am

ponner wrote:
It's nearly time people!!! Let's not let the Warrington fans drowned out our chants. BE LOUD AND PROUD!!!!!!!

Always am Smile Looking forward to this one, should be a cracker!
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:48 am

it would have been nice to listen to this game, but knackered after yesterdays other game at the galpharm, will have to wait till brekky to celebrate lol

10376 crowd
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:59 am

It would be nice for the Warrington fans to be able to sit down, after the amount of seats broken after yesterday I doubt the stadium have enough replacements in such short time! ( by the way not just the Leeds end!)
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:15 am

washy wrote:
It would be nice for the Warrington fans to be able to sit down, after the amount of seats broken after yesterday I doubt the stadium have enough replacements in such short time! ( by the way not just the Leeds end!)
Is it a rarity for this to happen at a town match Nic?
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:30 am

In a way yes it is a rare occurance, as we only get around one or two broken seats often behind the goal due to a wayward shot at goal more often in the warm up. Yesterday I had around 50 myself and in other stands there were many more. If needs be they'd probably just "borrow" from areas not in use today till replacements could be found. One thing of note though these breakages were the sole cause of standing in seated areas we always get more breakages when this occurs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warrington crowd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrington crowd   Warrington crowd Empty

Back to top Go down

Warrington crowd
Page 1 of 1