Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Goal kicking and injury news

Go down 
+3
adelaide-giant.no9
Ivor C&G Scarf
ponner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Goal kicking and injury news Empty
PostSubject: Goal kicking and injury news   Goal kicking and injury news EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 8:59 am

Quote :
BRETT HODGSON has pledged to sort out his goalkicking for the start of Super League XIV.

The 30-year-old former Wests Tigers star arrived at the Giants as one of the best kickers in the Australian NRL, having been the competition’s leading points scorer in 2005.

But in Sunday’s last-gasp 28-24 pre-season home defeat against Wigan, the Australian full-back managed just two goals from five attempts.

Hodgson admits it was a bitterly disappointing way to mark his first Huddersfield game at the Galpharm.

But he is 100% confident he will turn it around.

“I’m pleased with the way most things are coming together, and I’m sure the English style of play will suit my game,” said Hodgson.

“Obviously, the goalkicking at the weekend was disappointing, but at least I know I’ve got time to get it right, which I fully intend to do.

“I’ve got well over a fortnight between now and our opening Super League game to put in the work, and I’ll make sure I’m right for round one.

“I think one of the main problems I’ve found with the goalkicking over here is in the difference in the playing surfaces between the two countries.

“Slipping when you’re are about to kick the ball is a real worry for me here, but the more I practice, the more I’ll get used to it.”

Meanwhile, Giants officials have confirmed props Paul Jackson and Keith Mason have been given a clean bill of health after X-rays on a thumb and cheekbone injury respectively.
Examiner
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Goal kicking and injury news   Goal kicking and injury news EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 9:23 am

Excellent news about Jacko & Mason. The letter tackled everything in sight and boy, was he fired up on Sunday!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Goal kicking and injury news   Goal kicking and injury news EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 9:48 am

a sign of a true pro... practice
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Goal kicking and injury news   Goal kicking and injury news EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 12:49 pm

imo brett will be in the top 4 points scorer's this season Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Goal kicking and injury news   Goal kicking and injury news EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 12:54 pm

bostock wrote:
imo brett will be in the top 4 points scorer's this season Very Happy Wink
Not with goal kicking like last weekend Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Goal kicking and injury news   Goal kicking and injury news EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 1:03 pm

just warming up affraid
Back to top Go down
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Goal kicking and injury news   Goal kicking and injury news EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 2:54 pm

Im glad he said he's going to sort it!
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Goal kicking and injury news   Goal kicking and injury news EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 11:58 am

Now thats a dedicated player Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Goal kicking and injury news   Goal kicking and injury news EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 7:43 pm

Brett will be ok for Goal kicking, you don`t suddenly become bad after a close season.
Back to top Go down
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Goal kicking and injury news   Goal kicking and injury news EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 6:19 pm

Josh Griffin has got the all clear, he's fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goal kicking and injury news   Goal kicking and injury news Empty

Back to top Go down

Goal kicking and injury news
Page 1 of 1