Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

captain for next season?

Go down 
+2
Mandy Giants Fan
Meltham Giant
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

captain for next season? Empty
PostSubject: captain for next season?   captain for next season? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:14 pm

Who should the captain and vice captain(s) be for next season?

I'm not quite sure at the moment..... there is lots of good candidates.

What does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for next season?   captain for next season? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 5:57 am

I personally think it should go to someone who has been here the longest and not a newbie, as what message is that saying to them?
I would be happy if Eorl or even Darrell was captain and Andy Raleigh was vice captain, but the decison is not up to us.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: captain for next season?   captain for next season? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:23 pm

brett hodgson ... end of
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: captain for next season?   captain for next season? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 7:26 pm

Hard one, I think it should be left until all the squad is finalised, and then it should not necessarily go to one of the longest standing players at the club, but the one with the best motivational skills.
This person can often be found, standing out on the training park and a coach worth his salt will be able to pick a couple out for the captaincy roles.
Some players do not need the extra workload of captaincy as it detracts from putting in 100% effort, but some just take it in their stride and do fine.
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: captain for next season?   captain for next season? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 7:38 pm

Steven Wild would be my first choice though whether captaincy would suit him I know not.
But for me he gives 110% on the field for the full 80 so should inspire the other 16 (if they need it!)
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: captain for next season?   captain for next season? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 10:17 pm

Best to let Brownie evaluate the situation when he gets here and let him strutt his stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: captain for next season?   captain for next season? Empty

Back to top Go down

captain for next season?
Page 1 of 1