Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones Empty
PostSubject: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 10:10 am

With the signings made so far i.e. Carney and Hodgson. I would imagine there isn't much left in the piggy bank. So who can we get to replace these guys without breaking the bank?
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 3:27 pm

ponner wrote:
With the signings made so far i.e. Carney and Hodgson. I would imagine there isn't much left in the piggy bank. So who can we get to replace these guys without breaking the bank?

Well you have to think they are intending to replace them with better players, otherwise there's no point letting them go. I am quite encouraged they are letting players of this standard go myself, I am not trying to upset anyone cause It's got nothing to do with how they have always given their best, or how nice a guy they are, but if the club are serious about becoming one of the powers in the game, which this time they appear to be, then we have to sign players who are going to take us to the next level. We are apparently on full cap now , so gone are the old faithfull excuses about not having the same to spend, there is nothing really to stop us getting onto the same level as the so called big boys.

K en Davy has put his money where his mouth is, It's up to us to back him as much as possible by buying record numbers of season tickets, But It's also up to the players to do the job on the field as well, we have needed a clear out for some time now, we have underperformed for long enough and granted some of the players have been messed about something shocking by our former coach, but them days are passed now we have a new man at the helm, a world class stand off and fullback ( hopefully to bring Cudjo on to being one of the best in the league ) Players of Jones and Snitches quality are not going to take us to that next level, There are others as well but i dont want to start upsetting people .

Hopefully next season really is going to be the one where we kick on, If we dont do that then I really i dont like to think of the consequences, there wont be much more K D can do other than make it free, just one piece of silverware is all it takes, so lets hope that the players they have in mind can deliver something.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 5:07 pm

Did hear a while ago that Korkidas might be coming our way.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 6:18 pm

Shogun wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! pale pale
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 6:32 pm

ponner wrote:
Shogun wrote:

Are you supposed to be working ???
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 10:59 pm

Shogun wrote:
ponner wrote:
Shogun wrote:

I was at work but having a steady day Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 8:07 am

ponner wrote:
Shogun wrote:
ponner wrote:
Shogun wrote:

I was at work but having a steady night Laughing Laughing

edited for accuracy!!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 9:47 am

Well as i was working from 2pm until 9.30pm i'd say it was during the day Laughing
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 12:22 am

One man who will feel right at “home” on Friday night is all-action Bulls forward Simon Finnigan.

Amid all the furore about Wigan having to move the play-off clash from JJB to Widnes’ Stobart Stadium, he is quietly smiling.

Finnigan starred with Widnes for three years before switching to Salford and then Bradford, so knows all about the unexpected venue.

“I’ve played there a few times all right – although not always too successfully!” he joked, having suffered relegation in 2005.

“It was a great time for me at Widnes though. The fan base there is fantastic and hopefully we might get a few neutrals coming out to support the Bulls.

“I don’t think there’s ever been a Super League play-off match in the town and it deserves something like this.”

Finnigan, who still lives in “God’s country” within a stone’s throw of the Widnes ground, believes everything is set for a classic contest against a confident Wigan side.

They sneaked fourth spot after forcing a draw at minor premiers St Helens last Friday, ending the Challenge Cup victors’ amazing 21-match winning run.

“Wigan looked good against Saints,” said second-rower Finnigan, who has quietly become an integral member of Steve McNamara’s squad.

“I wasn’t sure what we’d see but they showed they are a top team with a lot of world-class players themselves.

“Wigan are always tough to beat and seem to be hitting form at the right time, so we have to be careful, but we’re confident we can win.”

Finnigan has played in all but one of the Bulls’ games this season, including both matches against Wigan so far, and notched ten tries along the way.

He is expected to join Huddersfield Giants in 2009 but first desires a Grand Final winners’ ring with Bradford.

He delivered a typically busy display as they edged home against Castleford on Saturday night but knows they must improve now knock-out football is upon them.

“We would have liked a better performance and know it was pretty scrappy and average,” said 26-year-old Finnigan.

“I don’t want to take anything away from Castleford though. I thought they were excellent. We knew they’d come out strong but normally they then start to drop off.

“That didn’t happen on Saturday night. They started physical and stayed physical.

“It was probably one of the toughest games I’ve played in over the last month and was quite surprised as they kept coming at us but it’s all good preparation for Wigan.”

link
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 10:09 pm

ponner wrote:
One man who will feel right at “home” on Friday night is all-action Bulls forward Simon Finnigan.

Amid all the furore about Wigan having to move the play-off clash from JJB to Widnes’ Stobart Stadium, he is quietly smiling.

Finnigan starred with Widnes for three years before switching to Salford and then Bradford, so knows all about the unexpected venue.

“I’ve played there a few times all right – although not always too successfully!” he joked, having suffered relegation in 2005.

“It was a great time for me at Widnes though. The fan base there is fantastic and hopefully we might get a few neutrals coming out to support the Bulls.

“I don’t think there’s ever been a Super League play-off match in the town and it deserves something like this.”

Finnigan, who still lives in “God’s country” within a stone’s throw of the Widnes ground, believes everything is set for a classic contest against a confident Wigan side.

They sneaked fourth spot after forcing a draw at minor premiers St Helens last Friday, ending the Challenge Cup victors’ amazing 21-match winning run.

“Wigan looked good against Saints,” said second-rower Finnigan, who has quietly become an integral member of Steve McNamara’s squad.

“I wasn’t sure what we’d see but they showed they are a top team with a lot of world-class players themselves.

“Wigan are always tough to beat and seem to be hitting form at the right time, so we have to be careful, but we’re confident we can win.”

Finnigan has played in all but one of the Bulls’ games this season, including both matches against Wigan so far, and notched ten tries along the way.

He is expected to join Huddersfield Giants in 2009 but first desires a Grand Final winners’ ring with Bradford.

He delivered a typically busy display as they edged home against Castleford on Saturday night but knows they must improve now knock-out football is upon them.

“We would have liked a better performance and know it was pretty scrappy and average,” said 26-year-old Finnigan.

“I don’t want to take anything away from Castleford though. I thought they were excellent. We knew they’d come out strong but normally they then start to drop off.

“That didn’t happen on Saturday night. They started physical and stayed physical.

“It was probably one of the toughest games I’ve played in over the last month and was quite surprised as they kept coming at us but it’s all good preparation for Wigan.”

link

What`s this bit about then,

That is in "Pagan country" or the uncivilised part over the tops.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:25 pm

Mark, the other 50%?
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 11:34 pm

Don't know the stats but saw Finnigan in plenty of takles and took his try well. Would be a good signing if the rumours are true.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 11:46 pm

Fingers crossed mate
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 11:32 am

ponner wrote:
Don't know the stats but saw Finnigan in plenty of takles and took his try well. Would be a good signing if the rumours are true.

So you would see him as a improvement on Jones.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 12:48 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
ponner wrote:

Not 100% sure yet mate as he's not someone i've ever kept a close eye on. On last nights performance i'd say yes he'll be an improvement. My Bulls mate is gutted both Cook and finnigan might be coming to us as he sees them as 2 consistant performers from this season, and he goes home and away for all the Bulls games.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 1:40 pm

ponner wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
ponner wrote:

Not 100% sure yet mate as he's not someone i've ever kept a close eye on. On last nights performance i'd say yes he'll be an improvement. My Bulls mate is gutted both Cook and finnigan might be coming to us as he sees them as 2 consistant performers from this season, and he goes home and away for all the Bulls games.

Same with me, i have only seen him now and then so dont know if he is better of not.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 7:38 pm

Thought Finnigan was very busy against Wigan, good defensive stint and backs up well. Not so sure about Cook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones   Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones Empty

Back to top Go down

Who'll replace Skando, Snitch and Jones
Page 1 of 1