Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grix

Go down 
+6
Jools
ponner
defleppard
luisnorthsquash
penninegiant
BO JANGLES
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Grix   Grix EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:04 pm

It's going to be difficult to fault him on tonight's showing, he had a very good game.

I didn't think it was a great game but with so much at stake that's fair enough, When the Giants got back to 6 all I got the feeling we were going to win, and i never really lost it, we could have had a few more points, and we definitely got away with a forward pass but all round we were much the better side.

Pleased with the way the forwards went. and very disapointed nobody went for Charnley' legs, he was never going to offload.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:26 am

................Awaits DL`s match appraisal with intense interest!Neutral
Back to top Go down
luisnorthsquash
luisnorthsquash

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Best I've seen him play all season. Great individual try from nowhere and had some great runs. Definitely MoM!
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:12 pm

penninegiant wrote:
Paul would have stopped Charnley,no doubt about it,he would have offered him the touchline as in go on then if you are fast enough,and then Paul would have dropped him.Not like Grix who panicked,rushed in got stepped and could not make the play.

I'll let the 'lovers' enthuse about the rest of the Grix performance.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 5:14 pm

So Lunt and Brough must be useless then as they both had goes at tackling Charnley too but failed. cyclops 
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:05 pm

I've not been on here much recently as my phone for some reason struggles to access the site and I don't use my laptop much anymore- but I'm sorry I won't be coming back. A quick look and the grix sh*te is STILL going on - now Bruno is getting it.
Grix played an absolutely excellent fullback game and yet this "def" with a mahoooosive chip on his shoulder over grix (missus' ex?) still manages to pick fault!
A bit of constructive criticism is fine but grix was the best player on the pitch on Friday and certainly made fewer errors than most. The fact that you are two oneeyed to acknowledge this and give credit where it's due is pathetic.
There are too few on this forum for me to put up with this constant sniping, there are plenty others with people with more balanced views. Oh and murphys inability to deal with the kick led to wigans first try, just after grix put his body on the line and pulled off a massive tackle to prevent one- but let's not be one sided eh!
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:47 am

defleppard wrote:
penninegiant wrote:
Paul would have stopped Charnley,no doubt about it,he would have offered him the touchline as in go on then if you are fast enough,and then Paul would have dropped him.Not like Grix who panicked,rushed in got stepped and could not make the play.

Your view --but we`l never know
Real playback --It was a great wingers try (even though I say it with clenched teeth cos in the end it didnt matter) and gave us a kick up the khyber I think to get started

Dont think hed have even got that far with Mr De Vere about !!
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:40 am

penninegiant wrote:
defleppard wrote:
penninegiant wrote:

Your view --but we`l never know
Real playback --It was a great wingers try (even though I say it with clenched teeth cos in the end it didnt matter) and gave us a kick up the khyber I think to get started

Dont think hed have even got that far with Mr De Vere about !!
assuming De Vere was not injured !
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:24 pm

On the run to Twickers DG --He wasnt --and showed just what he could do
Top class centre!Smile 
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:42 pm

Jools wrote:
I've not been on here much recently as my phone for some reason struggles to access the site and I don't use my laptop much anymore- but I'm sorry I won't be coming back. A quick look and the grix sh*te is STILL going on - now Bruno is getting it.
Grix played an absolutely excellent fullback game and yet this "def" with a mahoooosive chip on his shoulder over grix (missus' ex?) still manages to pick fault!
A bit of constructive criticism is fine but grix was the best player on the pitch on Friday and certainly made fewer errors than most. The fact that you are two oneeyed to acknowledge this and give credit where it's due is pathetic.
There are too few on this forum for me to put up with this constant sniping, there are plenty others with people with more balanced views. Oh and murphys inability to deal with the kick led to wigans first try, just after grix put his body on the line and pulled off a massive tackle to prevent one- but let's not be one sided eh!  
Well that would be a shame ,cause this board needs all the posters it can get, If it get's any quieter i think it will probably nod off altogether. To be honest i think it probably reflects the general public of Huddersfield's attitude to Rugby league in general.
As far as Grix goes i am pretty ambivalent about him going or staying, I think we could improve on him, but then there are a few other positions we could improve on, A top half is a far more pressing need in my opinion, Friday night i thought was probably the best game he has ever played for us, I'm sure that will have given his confidence a great boost.
Did anyone notice in the Hull Derby how much poorer HKR looked when Eden went off, I have seen nothing in any of the games i have seen him play in ,to change my mind about him, he is not the finished item by any means but he is improving, and i still think he will rise to the top, somebody at the Giants dropped a clanger there IMO, but time will tell.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:59 pm

l have backed Grix for the last three years, he.s had a hard time, stepping in for Hodgy, then in the halves, then back to FB, no stability for the lad
Yes, had his best game for a long time, if the rumours are right, and he,s going, someones getting a very good player, and will the heir apparent be better?

re Eden. don,t we have first refusal in 2015?
Back to top Go down
cabrita
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 12:24 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:

Did anyone notice in the Hull Derby how much poorer HKR looked when Eden went off, I have seen nothing in any of the games i have seen him play in ,to change my mind about him, he is not the finished item by any means but he is improving, and i still think he will rise to the top, somebody at the Giants dropped  a clanger there IMO, but time will tell.
I thought that Hull FC were clearly the stronger side on the day almost from the start. Even when HKR were 6-0 and then 8-6 up I expected FC to win. So to answer your question, not really. He's a good player, and I agree that we dropped a clanger letting him go, but on the day I don't think him having to go off made that much difference.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:14 pm

cabrita wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

Did anyone notice in the Hull Derby how much poorer HKR looked when Eden went off, I have seen nothing in any of the games i have seen him play in ,to change my mind about him, he is not the finished item by any means but he is improving, and i still think he will rise to the top, somebody at the Giants dropped  a clanger there IMO, but time will tell.
I thought that Hull FC were clearly the stronger side on the day almost from the start. Even when HKR were 6-0 and then 8-6 up I expected FC to win. So to answer your question, not really. He's a good player, and I agree that we dropped a clanger letting him go, but on the day I don't think him having to go off made that much difference.
Fair enough, I just think he is a very dangerous player going forward, He joins the attack at every opotunity, Brett Hogson style, and his absence is very noticable . I did think Hull were the better side all round but they were far from impressive.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 11:06 am

defleppard wrote:
penninegiant wrote:

Grix Sky MOM, Giants fans MOM, Wigan players MOM, Opta full back of the week, Opta player of the week, Sky stats team player of the week ) clarke and Carney)

yet some people do not have the humility to give praise where it is due.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 11:30 am

Durham Giant wrote:
defleppard wrote:
penninegiant wrote:

Grix  Sky MOM,  Giants fans MOM, Wigan players MOM, Opta full back of the week, Opta player of the week, Sky stats team player of the week ) clarke and Carney)

yet some people do not have the humility to give praise where it is due.
Smile 
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:27 pm

I listened to the game on Friday and watched it last night on TV. Both Grix and Murphy missed Charney as far as I could tell and both looked uncomfortable under the Richard's kick off. Yet both had storming games. Grix deserved the man of the match and if he can continue to play like he did against Wigan for the reminder of the season then we have to be serious contenders for the LLS and the GF.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 8:24 pm

What is terrible about the Huddersfield boards is the intolerance towards anyone who has an alternative opinion.

Bo,you are not included in the above statement as you give your opinion and allow others to give theirs.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:30 pm

Far as i'm concerned your opinion is as valid as anyone else's DL, and at least you along with half a dozen others do your bit to keep the board alive.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:56 am

BO JANGLES wrote:
Far as i'm concerned your opinion is as valid as anyone else's DL, and at least you along with half a dozen others do your bit to keep the board alive.

Opinions are fine but if people disagree then you have to expect to be challenged.

If he had said Grix had a good game but i still dont rate him fair enough but to still slate him and ignore his good performance after a MOM performance was only asking for disagreement
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 3:37 pm

Durham Giant wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

Opinions are fine but if people disagree then you have to expect to be challenged.

If he had said Grix had a good game but i still dont rate him fair enough but to still slate him  and ignore his good performance after a MOM performance was only asking for disagreement
I don't think for one moment DL will mind if you disagee, and as far as i see it you are entitaled to do so, I often do myself, End of the day we all have our opinions and we all have our way of stating them, But that is what a forum is for, i don't care how outrages peoples opinions are , this is the place to state them. Nothing wrong with a bit of disagreement as long as it doesn't get to insults.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Notice no one has said I am wrong in that Paul Reilly would have given Charnley the touch line and dropped him whereas Gwixy was his usual defensive liability,they blamed others for a missed tackle earlier,They just want to tell you to STFU.

Good job Paul never thought like that,a misread earlier so I won't bother tackling,much like Gwixy does now.

Embarrassing Giants fans

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grix   Grix Empty

Back to top Go down

Grix
Page 1 of 1