Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grix and Danny bhoy...

Go down 
+4
defleppard
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
boomer
matt01
8 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Grix and Danny bhoy... Empty
PostSubject: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:27 pm

...are our new full back and goal kicker.

Danny was the obvious choice for goal kicker, but has Grix been given the full back birth because that was always the plan or because we failed to find a suitable replacement for Brett? Grix will not be Brett and will make mistakes because of his relative inexperience in the position, yet I can see him making the grade if given time to learn the position in big matches. My two biggest fears are his dealing with the high ball and can he direct the lads around in defence like a quality full back should?
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Hodgy made plenty mistakes, l used to dread him passing in front of the posts
Ok there is a large gap in the level of experiance, but everyone has to start somewhere
Grix has played there now quite a number of times, for us, and Wakey.
l think if we get off to a good start, and he does,nt have any desasters he will go well.
as browny says we have backup, but even with less experiance with Leroy, and Elliott
D Hodgy could also cover.
l think the signings are over so Grix it is, l,m happy with that, hope he goes very well.
bounce Grix and Danny bhoy... 21033 Smile
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:50 pm

Put it this way, better Grix than Thorman!!!

To be fair I thought Grix was outstanding for us last season and second only to Gilmour in the best buy stakes. On the other hand Fa'alogo was a dissapointment (mainly due to his horrendous run of injuries).

Grix will be steady at FB.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 5:25 pm

B Hodgson was good in many aspects,but the fact he could not run the ball back put big pressure on the wingers.D Hodgson got bagged for losing pace but was anyone that surprised after the hits he took coming out of our own 20,his body was never meant for that role,he's an ectomorph.If Grix starts passing on kick returns I'll be amazed.

Brough with a full pre season behind him I hope is the one who is going to take us to a new level on attack.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:14 pm

Grix was unsafe last night and dropped the ball a couple of times and made very few yards.
His positioning was off most of the game and Saints picked up on this by giving him bombs that hit the moon.

Hopefully he will improve, tbh he looked the only weak link last night.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
Grix was unsafe last night and dropped the ball a couple of times and made very few yards.
His positioning was off most of the game and Saints picked up on this by giving him bombs that hit the moon.

Briers will love that. Lets hope he can get it sorted quickly because he looked decent against Hull KR.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:31 am

Grix is one of those players, much like Brough, who has player at alot of clubs ( not uncommon today ) I dont think he has had a position long enough to himself to really settle down, I remember him as a very decent fullback at Widnes, and was hoping at the time we would try to buy him.
Hodgson is a huge name to replace, and was inspirational in guiding the team about the field, but even he was not perfect, he made his share of mistakes, and also you can not guide the team about if your sat in the stand, Which i suspect hodgson will spend a fair amount of time this season, having said all that i wish he was still with us.
The club had plenty of time to replace him, being as they let him talk to wolves very early, so i dont think there was any intention to replace him with a big name.

Hopefully Brough will be our big name this year, amongst others.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 3:58 pm

Gem Bob wrote:

Im sorry, but were you at the same game as us?

Grix was excellent. He didn't drop one ball. He ran the ball out consistently hard and made yards. His covering and positional play were also excellent.

The only player to drop a bomb was Leroy.

And he certainly was not a weak link.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:

Im sorry, but were you at the same game as us?

Grix was excellent. He didn't drop one ball. He ran the ball out consistently hard and made yards. His covering and positional play were also excellent.

The only player to drop a bomb was Leroy.

And he certainly was not a weak link.

I was sat with the Saints fans on the 30m line furthest away from where the small collection of Hudds fans were behind the sticks.

He dropped the ball once on the 20m line and then juggled it in roughly the same place, his positioning was well off and there were several near misses.
In the second half Brown called for the high bomb when Grix was perfectly capable of getting it.

Saints were kicking the ball higher than the stadium on the 4th over and over again because they too saw what I did.

All i can suggest is that you get to Specsavers mate.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:29 pm

lt don,t matter whos right guys, it was a friendly, its early doors, it was cold.
He,s our full back, you both love him.
At the end of the day "The man" will decide.
There are no bad players in this club. Grix and Danny bhoy... 21033 bounce Grix and Danny bhoy... 21033
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:15 am

I've heard from many people who went to the match and everyone has commented how there wasn't a weak link in the team. Many have actually stated how well Grix played - as do reports on other forums.

I cannot remember him dropping a ball, but I'm not going to argue the point. However, I did see the fumble - he had to run a fair distance to catch it and wasn't it on something like the 4th tackle, thereby being somewhat unexpected?
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:12 am

Anyone can have an off day at the office. Perhaps he is still feeling the pressure, he is new to the position being his permanently, when he got a game last season he was in a different position each time and played one or two games before being dropped again. Brough took time to settle and it looks like he is now one of the boys and is finding his kicking boots and the skill we all knew he had. Grix has the chance to get better and I am sure he will.

I have always taken friendlies with a pinch of salt, they are a different animal to the league games when points are at stake.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:58 pm

dannablue wrote:
Anyone can have an off day at the office. Perhaps he is still feeling the pressure, he is new to the position being his permanently, when he got a game last season he was in a different position each time and played one or two games before being dropped again. Brough took time to settle and it looks like he is now one of the boys and is finding his kicking boots and the skill we all knew he had. Grix has the chance to get better and I am sure he will.

I have always taken friendlies with a pinch of salt, they are a different animal to the league games when points are at stake.

But he's NOT had an off day at the office!!!
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Wasnt implying he has had a bad day at the office, was merely stating anyone can have one and if someone's opinion is that Grix didnt do well i was suggesting that maybe it was because it was his day to have a bad day. I wasnt there so cant comment on his performance, I did see him against KR and thought he did very well. I think he is still a little unsure in the position but that is to be expected as he has only been allocated that as his permanent position a couple of weeks. I am confident he will do fine.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Apologies. Didn't mean to upset/annoy you.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:15 pm

This sounds very promising indeed. It is only a friendly so we shouldn't read too much into it, the real test will be in Super League, but the signs are we have a good reliable full back.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 6:03 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
Apologies. Didn't mean to upset/annoy you.

No need to apologise, not upset or annoyed, just wanted to clarify my post. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grix and Danny bhoy...   Grix and Danny bhoy... Empty

Back to top Go down

Grix and Danny bhoy...
Page 1 of 1