Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leeds

Go down 
+2
defleppard
matt01
6 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Leeds   Leeds EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Can we finish the regular season with some sort of reasonable performance? I think regardless of the result we are playing Hull away. I've decided if we play well against Leeds and show some potential for the play-offs I will make the journey to Hull, if we fall apart like we are doing then I will watch it on the tele.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leeds   Leeds EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:19 am

Well he has made changes,no Cording,Lee,Eden or Dawson.

Back in come LOD,McGillvary,Ferguson & Faiumu.

Wonder if this means they'll come out more fired up in the forwards.Not before time if that happens.

If Catalans beat Bfd today,tomorrow in effect becomes a dead rubber,so just pride to play for.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leeds   Leeds EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Absolutely brilliant. Ok, Leeds were not at their best. Hull will be a much much much tougher task next week, but we can now go into that game with real hope.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leeds   Leeds EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Agree with that Matt, best Giants performance for many months, not really bothered about the late Leeds flurry, the match was one and our 12 men were out on their feet.

As for the sending off - ridiculous. At the time of the tackle the TJ did not run on waving his flag, as he should have done if he saw anything. Alibert stopped play because of the injury but at that point no penalty was given. The officials then got together and clearly spoke to both captains and also LOD, it looked to me like Alibert signalled on report. The officials then allowed LOD to be interchanged - handing over the interchange number.

As time passed with Kirke getting treatment various people spoke to Alibert including players from both sides and a mysterious man in a suit (I have no idea who he was but it was after speaking to him that Alibert decided to call LOD back on spoke to the same TJ that didn't see anything before (he did not run on waving his flag).

Either LOD used his forearm on someone on the bench or Alibert changed his mind and made something up based on various winges and his inability to referee with any confidence or conviction.

Frankly Alibert is not fit for purpose as a ref, irrespective of whether LODs tackle was fair or not, what we saw today was a ref buckle and change his decision because of pressure put on him, that is far worse than an incorrect tackle count. He should not be on the panel next year, but Cummins will not act (in fairness to incompetant Alibert he is a far better ref than Cummins ever was)
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leeds   Leeds EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Well i have to say that took me completely by surprise ( as i suspect it did most ) I went down expecting the worst and was completely bowled over by the effort from the whole squad, not a bad performance from any player and some were pretty special, Brough was exceptional and also Ferris, i have been critical of him on what i had seen him do at Cas, but he was very very good today, The whole team was more like early season, maybe they can still give a good account of themselves in the play off's after all. Either way well done to them for today that was a great effort with 12 men.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leeds   Leeds EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:39 pm

The whole team did themselves justice (bar the one usual weak link who just isn't up to this level of footy) & showed what you can achieve if you try your best. Ref gave Leeds everything, except maybe Bruno's try which looked like a double movement from where we were (will have to see it again).

Chan & Ferris excellent on the fringes, Brough's one on one tackling stopped many a potential try ( how he made the tackle & stopped the offload was amazing) & Robbo & Fooey ruled at acting half.

Ridiculous sending off.
Back to top Go down
shelleygiant
Ballboy
Ballboy
shelleygiant

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leeds   Leeds EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:13 pm

sparky wrote:
The whole team did themselves justice (bar the one usual weak link who just isn't up to this level of footy) & showed what you can achieve if you try your best. Ref gave Leeds everything, except maybe Bruno's try which looked like a double movement from where we were (will have to see it again).

Chan & Ferris excellent on the fringes, Brough's one on one tackling stopped many a potential try ( how he made the tackle & stopped the offload was amazing) & Robbo & Fooey ruled at acting half.

Ridiculous sending off.

Who is this mystery man you speak of ?????
Neutral Neutral Neutral

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leeds   Leeds Empty

Back to top Go down

Leeds
Page 1 of 1