Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brown looking towards the door

Go down 
+12
FLYINGPROP
DobbyMufc
BO JANGLES
reidy
Gem Bob
adelaide-giant.no9
penninegiant
dannablue
Giant-Dragon
defleppard
matt01
Pharmergibbs
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Brown looking towards the door Empty
PostSubject: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:00 pm

I wonder if this starts to explain the performance against Wrexham. This happened last season. 28 days is no good, we need to get this sorted before we slip down the ladder. I don't blame him if he wants to go back to Australia, but we deserve not to be messed around.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:19 pm

I'm happy he stuck out his 3 year contract,if you are going to be a successful coach you need that amount of time to build a potential SLGF or CC winning side.Unless you get lucky like Maguire did at Wigan in one season which was a miracle.

We know he wants to go to NRL so let him do it now.

Just hope he can deliver us a trophy before he goes.

One things for certain whoever follows him will have an almost impossible task on their hands to match his work.

Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Oh no not this again. Like Matt says, I hope it is sorted soon before we go back to what it was like last year. But I hope he stays, he's done a brill job for us and an extra year or so surely cant hurt him!

Please Nathan, Stay Smile cheers
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:26 pm

The players and fans were aware his contract ends this year so cannot see how him having a new addition to his family next week and deciding what he is going to do wil make any difference. Surely if he decides to go they were expecting it anyway, and if he wanted to stay - and of course if we offered him a contract as there is Paul Anderson to consider - then the players would surely be happy with that?? Cannot see how this can be used as an excuse for the Wrexham result.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:37 pm

When you read comments like 'home is home' then that's a sure sign of a severe case of homesickness,so I very much doubt he would sign up for another contract with the Giants despite what happens to us in the rest of this campaign.

Sorry to say.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:50 pm

dannablue wrote:
The players and fans were aware his contract ends this year so cannot see how him having a new addition to his family next week and deciding what he is going to do wil make any difference. Surely if he decides to go they were expecting it anyway, and if he wanted to stay - and of course if we offered him a contract as there is Paul Anderson to consider - then the players would surely be happy with that?? Cannot see how this can be used as an excuse for the Wrexham result.

If it is Danna , and its upset the lads then they are cerainly more sensitive and caring than I thought!!(as well as letting Crusaders get a couple o points !! Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 1:46 am

he is on his way home.. he failed in the nrl first time, well he reached play offs but that was it, he has come to hudds to learn his trade, use us as a learning curve and will go back much better for it.. you cannot blame the lad foir missing home etc with 4th child on the way.. all we can do is thank him for what he has done for our club .. and move on
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 10:59 am

Let him go at the end of the season - Then sign Noble as our coach.

Sorted.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Paul Anderson has already been told he was to take over hence why he stayed with us as Assistant if I remember correctly. We must not forget his commitment by staying with us (when we thought Nathan was leaving last year he was told he would take over). If he does not get upped to head coach when Nathan goes whether that is the end of this season or in the future then we will lose Anderson elsewhere
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 1:46 pm

dannablue wrote:
Paul Anderson has already been told he was to take over hence why he stayed with us as Assistant if I remember correctly. We must not forget his commitment by staying with us (when we thought Nathan was leaving last year he was told he would take over). If he does not get upped to head coach when Nathan goes whether that is the end of this season or in the future then we will lose Anderson elsewhere

I totally forgot about Anderson, I guess in many ways he goes largely unnoticed.

If Davy feels Anderson is ready to be head coach then I think he'll get the full support of the fans.

Brown looking towards the door 793373
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 3:20 pm

I think Anderson has had some good grounding and will have learnt plenty from Brown and if he gets the nod he will get my support.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Only another top rated aussie coach could even have half a chance of following on from a genious coach like Nathan imo.

Ken Davy's a genious chairman,so I am confident it will happen.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:18 pm

Yep, I'll go wi' that Def.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:00 am

And which top Aussie Coach do we have in mind?? Are there are due to come out of contract that have not already been snapped up?
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:06 pm

defleppard wrote:
Only another top rated aussie coach could even have half a chance of following on from a genious coach like Nathan imo.

I wouldn't put him quite at the Genius stage myself, although i would be happy to see him stay with the club, I suppose it depends what scale you judge him on really, He's certainly taken the club higher than any other coach for the last 50 years, but then he's had a far better standard of player ( many of his own choosing ) than any other coach for 50 years.
I'm not one of these that reckon only Aussies are any good at rugby league, but K Davy may well feel differently and go for another one, personally i would like to see Anderson get a shot at the job, There have been a few good English coaches, and i get the feeling he may be another.
Back to top Go down
DobbyMufc
DobbyMufc

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:35 pm

Baloo has been there long enough so If Nathan leaves I think he should be coach
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 6:50 am

BO JANGLES wrote:
defleppard wrote:

I wouldn't put him quite at the Genius stage myself, although i would be happy to see him stay with the club, I suppose it depends what scale you judge him on really, He's certainly taken the club higher than any other coach for the last 50 years, but then he's had a far better standard of player ( many of his own choosing ) than any other coach for 50 years.
I'm not one of these that reckon only Aussies are any good at rugby league, but K Davy may well feel differently and go for another one, personally i would like to see Anderson get a shot at the job, There have been a few good English coaches, and i get the feeling he may be another.

Genius,maybe a bit ott,but after 11 rounds we have still only conceded 166 points,(which includes the 32 give away in Wrexham) and that is first-rate.And after watching us at Leeds it's obvious the attack is starting to work much better now.

As for his replacement,they may have another Aussie (or Kiwi) in mind,possibly one who is currently an assistant in NRL,bit like Maguire was before his move to Wigan.

If it's Anderson in the end who takes over,then I for one will back him all the way.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:52 am

defleppard wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
defleppard wrote:

Genius,maybe a bit ott,but after 11 rounds we have still only conceded 166 points,(which includes the 32 give away in Wrexham) and that is first-rate.And after watching us at Leeds it's obvious the attack is starting to work much better now.

As for his replacement,they may have another Aussie (or Kiwi) in mind,possibly one who is currently an assistant in NRL,bit like Maguire was before his move to Wigan.

If it's Anderson in the end who takes over,then I for one will back him all the way.

No question about it DL, he has done a tremendous job for us and i would love him to stay, but I reckon he will feel he has improved himself as a coach enough to make a good job of it back home. I t will be a big decision for KD to make, he will certainly not want to see us go backwards as a club, Personally i would like to see Anderson given a shot, but i admit it is a gamble, I well remember J sharp. For me the biggest asset for a coach to have is the ability to motivate a team and get players to believe in themselves, I think NB has improved the players individually,( some of them a tremendous amount ) as well as collectively. Maybe Anderson will also have that skill. all will be revealed in the fullness of time.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:57 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
defleppard wrote:

cheers Absolutely agree with the above word for word, Baloo stayed with us when talk of Bradford looking for a new coach, NB has been good for us but until we win owt he could never be classed as a genius. Hope he stays but if not then give PA the job, he may be a better coach than NB , who knows till he gets the chance
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:41 pm

watching the show nrl live on fox tonight, and brown was the viwers favouriite in a poll to take the job at penrith
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:32 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:

I t will be a big decision for KD to make, he will certainly not want to see us go backwards as a club, Personally i would like to see Anderson given a shot, but i admit it is a gamble, I well remember J sharp. For me the biggest asset for a coach to have is the ability to motivate a team and get players to believe in themselves, I think NB has improved the players individually,( some of them a tremendous amount ) as well as collectively. Maybe Anderson will also have that skill. all will be revealed in the fullness of time.

'Fraid it's a fact that of recent British coaches -

Cullen - blobbed at Warrington,replaced by Lowes who plumbed them to new depths.
McNamara turned out to be a poor head coach at Bradford.
McDermott at Leeds this season,some of the defence is shocking.
R Agar at Hull FC - has achieved very little,taken them backwards in many ways.
As well as in the recent past Noble bowing out of Wigan followed by an assistant NRL coach getting them the SL title in his first season.

Paul Anderson could be different who knows,but as you say BO it's a gamble.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:06 pm

I'll tell you why, fans want to see results yesterday.

I saw a great interview with Cullen the other week and he was saying how kids he signed 6/7 years ago were finally starting to come through. Jodie Broughton - Signed by Cullen and there are many more.

It takes years to build a good squad and the best way to build one is a good investment of money and time. The problem is fans want results (and Im one of those fans) and so the pressure is all on what's happening now, not what might happen five years down the line.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:30 am

Me , Bo, and SG have waited a bloody sight longer than 5 years believe me Gem!! Wink
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:43 am

Gem Bob wrote:
I'll tell you why, fans want to see results yesterday.

I saw a great interview with Cullen the other week and he was saying how kids he signed 6/7 years ago were finally starting to come through. Jodie Broughton - Signed by Cullen and there are many more.

It takes years to build a good squad and the best way to build one is a good investment of money and time. The problem is fans want results (and Im one of those fans) and so the pressure is all on what's happening now, not what might happen five years down the line.
Similar could be said about Sharp with the likes of Cudjoe and Lawrence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brown looking towards the door   Brown looking towards the door Empty

Back to top Go down

Brown looking towards the door
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next