Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Signings for next year?

Go down 
+13
Giant-Dragon
boomer
Shogun
Pharmergibbs
bostock
BO JANGLES
matt01
barry
dannablue
ponner
FLYINGPROP
adelaide-giant.no9
joek
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Signings for next year? Empty
PostSubject: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 5:19 pm

It seems to have gone quiet on this front. Patten?
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:52 pm

too 0ld..not worth the effort
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:51 am

Any Updates?

O'Donnell Joining us and Danny Boy back at the Giants as for owt else, who knows?
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:34 pm

Patten has signed for Salford. The club hadn't even talked to Menzies up to last week when I last had contact. O'Donnell is the only signing I know of so far.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:53 pm

ponner wrote:
Patten has signed for Salford. The club hadn't even talked to Menzies up to last week when I last had contact. O'Donnell is the only signing I know of so far.

What no Willie Mason announcement on the horizon??? He is apparently going to announce his future within the next week and we are still be linked with him!

Think signings will hot up for all clubs after the end of the season/play offs
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:31 am

willie is bad news.. way past his best
Back to top Go down
barry

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Willie Mason just signed for hull kr on 2 year contract, just confirmed on radio humberside.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:11 pm

barry wrote:
Willie Mason just signed for hull kr on 2 year contract, just confirmed on radio humberside.
shame he would have been the icing on an unbelievable forward pack, still we must have a decent slice of salary cap left if we are chasing him, so lets hope one or two other big signings are on the cards.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:33 pm

Fullback and Centre are key for me and would be nice to get a ball playing prop ala Graham of Saints but not sure it would stretch to it Wink
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:04 pm

The lack of signings is becoming a worry. All the other teams seem to be signing players (Bradford and Salford seem to have replaced the full team!) but we seem to be doing nothing. Hopefully there are things going on in the background that we have yet to hear about. We have only signed Luke O'Donnell but yet there are 4 that I can think of immediately that have gone or are definitely going rumours of a possible 2 or 3 others. If we do not sign any more players this will surely leave us short and the strength in depth we built up will dwindle rapidly.

Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:43 pm

dannablue wrote:
The lack of signings is becoming a worry. All the other teams seem to be signing players (Bradford and Salford seem to have replaced the full team!) but we seem to be doing nothing. Hopefully there are things going on in the background that we have yet to hear about. We have only signed Luke O'Donnell but yet there are 4 that I can think of immediately that have gone or are definitely going rumours of a possible 2 or 3 others. If we do not sign any more players this will surely leave us short and the strength in depth we built up will dwindle rapidly.

Yes I'm getting somewhat impatient as well, as i keep telling myself that it depends on the signings we make whether i renew my season ticket or not, although i know when it comes to the deadline i shall be down there to get it, The truth is that i dont think K Davy will sell us short, i think he will do what he has always done, and get us the best he can, Although i dont know how much longer he is going to keep it up, he must surely get very disheartened by crowds like yesterday. I think our numbers have dropped by about 7% on last year, and most clubs i think have dropped to some extent, the worrying thing for us is that ours have dropped on the back of a strengthened team, although the mid season debacle with Hodgson and Brown will most likely have accounted for it.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:27 pm

I think the way forward is the young british players coming through the ranks,with a small mix of experience and the odd couple of top quality aussies.
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 4:52 pm

We still have business this season to deal with folks, maybe the announcements will come after we win the grand final. Teams like Salford and Bradford have made loads of signings and announced them because their teams are so poor they needed an overhaul and their seasons are over. I wish I knew who we were getting but have faith we will get the players we need whenever they are announced. We have other business. Be patient everyone!
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:00 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
dannablue wrote:

Yes I'm getting somewhat impatient as well, as i keep telling myself that it depends on the signings we make whether i renew my season ticket or not, although i know when it comes to the deadline i shall be down there to get it, The truth is that i dont think K Davy will sell us short, i think he will do what he has always done, and get us the best he can, Although i dont know how much longer he is going to keep it up, he must surely get very disheartened by crowds like yesterday. I think our numbers have dropped by about 7% on last year, and most clubs i think have dropped to some extent, the worrying thing for us is that ours have dropped on the back of a strengthened team, although the mid season debacle with Hodgson and Brown will most likely have accounted for it.

I was a bit disappointed with us having a good run towards the end of the season. But when you look at the Wigan crowd for the leeds game, it was only 12000 and I expected at least 18 - 20000 for that one . So all in all we are doing ok. I think quite a few missed thinking it would be easy.

Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:08 am

There,s been a lot of transfers early this year, but nearly all are average players out of contract, l think the main activity will be once the season is over, teams in the playoffs will not want any distractions, so l expect any signings we make will probably be top drawer, from teams still in the relative playoffs
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 pm

Stated on Sky today the Giants are in the market for a center, but are quoted as saying Monahan, not on the radar (which means what, ?,nothing)
Harlequins are now favorites, what other centers are available ?, l am scanning all
sites, nothing, but there is time.
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:58 pm

We really ought to be interested though! Yep he did something daft when drunk but it's not like he glassed his girlfriend like Bird did. If we could get him on a 2 year contract to show a bit of commitment and Brown is convinced of his attitude we would be crazy not to. It is hard to see us being able to get a better centre this year.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:58 pm

l,l go with that, l,m sure there are players still looking for a move. he,s probably the best on offer at the moment, again like you l would want some commitment, not just for him to be here till the thing blows over.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Yep, I agree, he would be a great addition to the squad. I watch alot of NRL, he's a top player.
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:11 am

I must admit now im getting concerned that we've only signed 1 first team player when we've lost about 5 or 6? [just a guess]
We could do with at least a couple more..
I know we've signed kids which is great but we still need some more players to add some strength... I know im stating the obvious but I'm kinda getting worried now...
I wondering if we cant afford some top players.

Dont shoot me, Rugby isn't really my main interest anymore Im just going by what i've discussed with the people I go to rugby with..
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Huaraki, is now being linked with the Giants, in todays Examiner, probanly not as good as Monahan, but may commit to longer deal. Personnely l like New Zealanders
Administrators, hint a deal should be done by end of November, Giants or Rhinos.
Thoughts

Smile bounce Signings for next year? 21033
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:37 pm

I Think he would fit into the squad well always looks dangerous and stood out as a key player for crusaders...
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Would be excellent but does not detract one bit for our need for another centre.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:46 pm

I heard some time ago he had already signed for the Rhinos....I am getting to the point where any signing will do! Its just nice to be linked with someone....it seems way too quiet on this front.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Hauraki is a quality back rower, but do we need more back rowers? I won't be disappointed if we do sign him as he will definitely add to the quality we currently have. I just think an outstanding three quarter or full back is more important.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signings for next year?   Signings for next year? Empty

Back to top Go down

Signings for next year?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next