Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Of the new signings...

Go down 
+5
matt01
Giant-Dragon
reidy
Gem Bob
ponner
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Of the new signings... Empty
PostSubject: Of the new signings...   Of the new signings... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:21 pm

Of the major new signings who are you looking forward to seeing the most?

Drew
Will he have as much influence on the team as he did with us last time?

Grix
Nathan seems to see something in him that will improve the team?

Fa'alogo
Will his 'controlled' aggression be a lift to the team like Eorl's introduction on to the field?

Gilmour
Not many SL players have experienced more 'big' games than him. Will it make the team more composed in those tight games?

Horne
I can only see him as a back up player but will Nathan take him to the next level and be as good as his Brother?
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Of the new signings...   Of the new signings... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:07 pm

I have to be honest, it'll be good seeing all the signings particularly having Drew back and Fa'alogo making his debut.

But i most looking forward to seeing Gilmour and seeing what he can bring to the Giants. Going off performances and the players ive seen, i think Gilmour is the most exciting of our signings imo.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Of the new signings...   Of the new signings... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 6:00 pm

Fa'alogo for me, wanna see him dot someone! Wink
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Of the new signings...   Of the new signings... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 6:20 pm

reidy wrote:
Fa'alogo for me, wanna see him dot someone! Wink

Sean Long preferably for me

and for me, I'd say Drewy and Fa'alogo Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Of the new signings...   Of the new signings... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 6:25 pm

I bet Eclair loves that picture of yours!!!
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Of the new signings...   Of the new signings... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:01 pm

reidy wrote:

Haha well i do, i assure you Wink
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Of the new signings...   Of the new signings... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:07 pm

The big kiwi has to have the most potential. If he plays with the sort of passion when he wears the New Zealand shirt, then he will be one of the top forwards in Super League.
Back to top Go down
Eclair
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Of the new signings...   Of the new signings... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 11:16 pm

reidy wrote:

I think he went for the cheesiest 'show your teeth' grin he could manage on the photo beneath GD's post! I like the avatar one though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Of the new signings...   Of the new signings... EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:01 am

Looking forward to seeing Gilmour and Fa'alogo as a second row partnership.As well as being able to carry the ball strongly and defend I believe that one of the most important aspects of a top modern day SR is to be able to run good angles off the ball,we know Gilly can do this he was famous for it at St Helens, and hope Fa'logo is just as good.It appears to come more naturally to some second rowers than others,but those dummy runs back inside are vital in the todays game to hold up a defensive line sliding across.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Of the new signings...   Of the new signings... EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:50 pm

I have to go with Matt, Fa-alogo must be the big hope, but also Gilmore is a player of proven quality, i can never remember seeing him have a bad game at any of the clubs he has been at, although he has been around a bit, so i assume not everyone has been totally impressed. I dont know too much about Grix other than i rated him at fullback when he was at Widnes. Drew we know all about, and he can win games on his day, I think he will be happy to be back with us, depends how much time he can spend on the field really but i dont see him being a let down. Horne who knows? N Brown thinks he's worth 12 months so i will go with him. Over all i think we have a stronger squad, and i also think we are going to need it to maintain our position. One last thing ,I hope A Raleigh moves up to prop, i think he could be as good as any in the league.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Of the new signings...   Of the new signings... EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:30 pm

This has now become the major issue Bo,which second rower is going to step up to fill that vacated prop position.Andy Raleigh could be the man,he's experienced but in truth has mainly been used running out wide,where he has done his best work.There is talk of of Larne Patrick,mmmmmm unless he's bulked I think he could get stopped no gain and slow play the ball afraid to say.Nathan says Fa'alogo will stay in second row.

There was mention on t'other site that Grix may be the given the scrum half role,we will find out when they hand out the squad numbers whenever that is.

Drewy is class with ball in hand either as dummy half or first receiver can't wait to see him back in the C&G.
Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Of the new signings...   Of the new signings... EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:03 pm

reidy wrote:

not to mention Emily!!!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Of the new signings...   Of the new signings... EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:12 pm

Mable_syrup wrote:
reidy wrote:

not to mention Emily!!!

Ooops, yeah forgot the Mrs lol!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of the new signings...   Of the new signings... Empty

Back to top Go down

Of the new signings...
Page 1 of 1