Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brett Hodgson's place

Go down 
+2
reidy
FLYINGPROP
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Brett Hodgson's place Empty
PostSubject: Brett Hodgson's place   Brett Hodgson's place EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:05 pm

After a fantastic performance and win at Wakey, if (and it's a big if) we beat Leeds ect and win the next 3, when Brett's fit should he get straight back in? also interested with regards the same as when Mason is back to full fitness? should such as Patrick and Raleigh who are playing awesome miss out?

My feelings are no matter who you are you should have to play your way back into the side, interested in peoples thoughts.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Brett Hodgson's place   Brett Hodgson's place EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:29 pm

He's the captain mate and should be in. He's played great up until injury.
Even though we beat Wakey yesterday, lets not get carried away, they didn't exactly prove to be the hardest team in the world.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Brett Hodgson's place   Brett Hodgson's place EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:14 pm

Mason should get back in as he will be fresh and then one of the others can get a rest. Now we know we have 5 top class super league props we can rotate them a bit and then pick the four most on form for the big cup games and play-off matches.

Brett should also get back in as he was his typical fantastic self before the injury and although we didn't miss him against Wakey he is still a world class player, but what we do know is that he doesn't have to be unnecessarily risked.

Its great that not only do we have a quality 17, but we have quality in depth.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Brett Hodgson's place   Brett Hodgson's place EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:33 am

Know what you saying Reidy and Matt and certainly not getting carried away just yet, far from it until we actually win sommert.

But if we went out and hammered the next 3 sides we play it would give Browny a real selection headache (in a good way).

I know can't really take much from the Wakey game as although we were very good they were awful, the thing is if we have the same attacking/defensive performance against such as Leeds, ie throwing the ball from wing to wing, scoring from our own 20 ect and hammering them. Does that make us a better attacking team without Brett?

Interesting
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Brett Hodgson's place   Brett Hodgson's place EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:36 am

I think the tactics would have been the same if Brett had been playing to be honest mate. They had 2 young inexperienced wingers out there so we threw everything at them and it came up trumps. We still broke them down the middle though with ease.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Brett Hodgson's place   Brett Hodgson's place EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:42 am

Firstly Brett Hodgson is awesome and that is in no doubt, just to clear that up.

Secondly it shows with the injuries we have that the squad is stronger this year.

Browny will have a real selection headache (in a good way) when the likes of Brett, Drew, Wild and Mason ect are fit again.

Thing is though, if Leroy was to win the MOM for next 3 games should he then be shipped back out onto the wing when Brett is fit again?

I know your thoughts but it is very interesting to see what would happen Neutral
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Brett Hodgson's place   Brett Hodgson's place EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:03 am

brett who ? lol.. keep him for one more year and get him to teach cudjoe all he knows and we will be ok
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Brett Hodgson's place   Brett Hodgson's place EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 3:37 pm

I have always said you should not change a winning side, I'm not sure i would have the nerve to do it with a player of Hodgsons class though, I have to say though that K Brown really stepped his game up when he had more possession, To be honest Wakey were as bad as i have ever seen them, and everything we did came off, we may have racked up 70 or 80 with Hodgson who knows ? I'm with Matt as regards props, we need as many fit as we can have, Really pleased with A Raleigh.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Brett Hodgson's place   Brett Hodgson's place EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:24 pm

Good to have varying forms of play though and team choice.
At least we don't become predictable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brett Hodgson's place   Brett Hodgson's place Empty

Back to top Go down

Brett Hodgson's place
Page 1 of 1