Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thank you Brett

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Thank you Brett Empty
PostSubject: Thank you Brett   Thank you Brett EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:02 pm

Almost certainly the best player I've seen in a Fartown shirt. Only a small bloke, but a huge heart. Great under the high ball, great kicker and is an extra top class ball player. However most of all he is a natural leader with bags of experience.

How will we cope without him?
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Thank you Brett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Brett   Thank you Brett EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:36 pm

I would second all that Matt, except i have seen one or two compairable, although not for many years. He is a quality player and i think he will do a superb job for Wolves, I wish we had kept him, If things follow the Drew patern we will re-sign him in a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Thank you Brett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Brett   Thank you Brett EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Best days behind him TBH, has looked good in last few games for us but this season hasn't looked as sharp in general and has picked up a few injuries, if he playa half a seasons games for Wire I will be suprised
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Thank you Brett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Brett   Thank you Brett EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:40 pm

He didn't miss that many games. Some of them were because Brown was resting him and others so we would finish the season strong. As mentioned Brett finished the season strongly, so Brown's plan worked.

I really hope we have a plan for how we are going to cope without him. Who will be the new captain? I assume Danny B will be first choice kicker. Will Grix be our new full back or is there a signing in the pipeline?
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Thank you Brett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Brett   Thank you Brett EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:38 pm

Well in all the games i have seen Grix play at various clubs i have always thought he has looked best at full back, but i would not put him in the class of Hodgson by any strech of the imagination. Who knows what signings we shall make , at the moment we are completely in the dark.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Thank you Brett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Brett   Thank you Brett EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:28 pm

It has been an honour to watch him play in the claret and gold. I still can't believe we've let him go to play in the primrose and blue. Oh well at least we can say we watched the man of steel in a Fartown shirt. Thanks Brett you are a class act.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Thank you Brett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Brett   Thank you Brett EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:51 pm

matt01 wrote:
It has been an honour to watch him play in the claret and gold. I still can't believe we've let him go to play in the primrose and blue and let it be announced just before we played them in the cup. You and me both Matt --but its called "management strategy -(I think)Rolling Eyes

Oh well at least we can say we watched the man of steel in a Fartown shirt. Thanks Brett you are a class act.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thank you Brett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Brett   Thank you Brett Empty

Back to top Go down

Thank you Brett
Page 1 of 1