Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ken Davy believes

Go down 
+3
reidy
Gem Bob
matt01
7 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Ken Davy believes Empty
PostSubject: Ken Davy believes   Ken Davy believes EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:18 pm

that we can become the Premier club.

Do you believe we can be bigger and better than the likes of Leeds?

See the story by clicking here.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Ken Davy believes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Davy believes   Ken Davy believes EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:23 pm

matt01 wrote:

Honestly - No i don't.

Leeds and Saints have a long long history of winning things. We don't. But i do think we have the potential to be one of the teams to fear, probably this season all going well.
But will be be up there with Leeds/Saints? Not anytime soon imo - As much as id love to.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Ken Davy believes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Davy believes   Ken Davy believes EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
matt01 wrote:

Honestly - No i don't.

Leeds and Saints have a long long history of winning things. We don't. But i do think we have the potential to be one of the teams to fear, probably this season all going well.
But will be be up there with Leeds/Saints? Not anytime soon imo - As much as id love to.

I think that the club does need us to believe this, get loud and back the team. At present we aren't loud enough. Surely this doesn't fill the lads with confidence?
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Ken Davy believes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Davy believes   Ken Davy believes EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:15 pm

15 years ago It was difficult to see us being mentioned in the same breath as Leeds so who knows? and there have been periods when Fartown were far more feared than Leeds were. I would love to see it happen again, as much for Ken Davy as anything else, End of the day it is basically about crowd size, that is the all important factor.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Ken Davy believes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Davy believes   Ken Davy believes EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:48 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
15 years ago It was difficult to see us being mentioned in the same breath as Leeds so who knows? and there have been periods when Fartown were far more feared than Leeds were. I would love to see it happen again, as much for Ken Davy as anything else, End of the day it is basically about crowd size, that is the all important factor.
Thats true when we think back to those days when Runcorn would beat us we have come a million miles. The next step could be nearly as big, but if we have got this far then who knows. It's not impossible.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

Ken Davy believes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Davy believes   Ken Davy believes EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:54 pm

matt01 wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
Thats true when we think back to those days when Runcorn would beat us we have come a million miles. The next step could be nearly as big, but if we have got this far then who knows. It's not impossible.

Look at what Kear did with Sheffield Eagles, 1998 winners. I know that since then it 's been downhill, but not a bad example.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Ken Davy believes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Davy believes   Ken Davy believes EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:19 pm

reidy wrote:
matt01 wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

Look at what Kear did with Sheffield Eagles, 1998 winners. I know that since then it 's been downhill, but not a bad example.
Ok, we don't have the silverware, but we are bigger than Sheffield was back then.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Ken Davy believes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Davy believes   Ken Davy believes EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:40 pm

If the Huddersfield and surrounding area population would have backed Ken Davy in larger numbers down these last fifteen years,we would have been the premier club long before now.

Bradford,as that guy on the Workers site keeps repeating,would give their right arms for a Ken Davy type individual to move into their club.

Huddersfield RL unfortunately gave up the fight against pro soccer in this town for too many years,and the recent Ken Davy inspired fightback has proved to be a long,arduous and difficult one.
Back to top Go down
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Clock-Face-Giant

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Ken Davy believes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Davy believes   Ken Davy believes EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 9:09 am

As i have stated in other posts during the off season i was filled with trepidation that we were a one season wonder such as Quins and Catalans in the previous couple of seasons, but recently have been feeling really optimistic about this coming season and Friday nights win only strenghthened my resolve.

I think it has to be pointed out that we were not a million miles behind the Rhinos last year and but for THAT interception should we have scored (and i believe we would have done) we could have beat them

Also the Saints game prior to the CC final when we played the kids against an out of sorts Saints side if we had played the first team that night we would have destroyed them i'm sure (not taking anything away from Elliot hodgson et all they were fantastic).

The point i'm making is that if we can cut out the silly losses (Salford) we have a stronger squad this year i don't see why we can't be up there this year challenging for the Shield and then maybe next year we can talk about the next step the GF win pray pray
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Ken Davy believes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Davy believes   Ken Davy believes EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 9:15 am

success in any sport goes in cycles, lets hope the wheels have come off saints and leeds and its the turn of a new leader to take charge and lead the way for a few yesr.. roll on wire, hkr and fartown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ken Davy believes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Davy believes   Ken Davy believes Empty

Back to top Go down

Ken Davy believes
Page 1 of 1