Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giants open day

Go down 
+7
Gem Bob
Meltham Giant
JudgeB
Giant-Dragon
reidy
Clock-Face-Giant
ponner
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:16 am

Who's going to this on Saturday? We could also use it as the www.giants.co.nr xmas party(buy your own food and drinks lol) with a meet up and drinks at the Ropewalk. There's quite a few on here that I know but there's still some of you who are just a name to me on here and it would be nice to meet up and put faces to names. Anyone up for this after the open day? If not it's ok, i'll just come home and shut the forum down Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Clock-Face-Giant

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 12:31 pm

Am currently in the process of trying to convince the Mrs what a good idea it would be (but being a Saints fan she's taking some convincing).

pray pray pray pray pray pray pray

Ive just spent the morning in the Saints club shop christmas shopping surely she can't begrudge me now.

pray pray pray pray pray pray pray
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Quote :
The Huddersfield Giants Open Day takes place on Saturday 19th December and gives Claret and Gold supporters the opportunity to meet the Giants first team stars including new signings Lee Gilmour, Brad Drew, Scott Grix, Graeme Horne, Kyle Wood and New Zealand International World Cup winner David Fa’alogo. Huddersfield Giants 2010 Squad numbers will also be exclusively revealed on the day.

Fans will be able to pose for pictures with Brett Hodgson’s Man of Steel Award, Nathan Brown’s Coach of the Year award and the Club of the Year trophy, meet Big G and take a behind the scenes tour at the Galpharm Stadium.

Season Ticket holders will also be able to collect their 2010 booklets and supporters will be able to get their hands on the NEW 2010 Home shirt and the 2009 End of Season DVD which reviews the Giants best season in nearly 50 years.

Giants Marketing Manager James Brammer said:

“Excitement is really growing ahead of the new season and the open day will give fans the chance to meet the 2010 squad for the first time and find out the new squad numbers. The season review DVD and the new home shirt will also be on sale and season ticket booklets will be available for collection. The event will be a great way for fans to start the Christmas week.”
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:00 pm

I'm goin mate. Bad back or no bad back!
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:25 pm

I'll be going with some mates so we'll probs see you in ropewalk after cos were going for a meal there seen its nearly xmas!
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:42 pm

Forgotten about this but now I've been reminded I might have to try and get there.
What time's kick off anybody?
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:59 pm

JudgeB wrote:
Forgotten about this but now I've been reminded I might have to try and get there.
What time's kick off anybody?

12pm til 2pm Smile
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 1:19 am

I'm going! Off to ask about possible work experience too so see you all down there Smile Can't wait! Even got the day off work which makes a change for me haha
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:40 am

Meltham Giant wrote:
I'm going! Off to ask about possible work experience too so see you all down there Smile Can't wait! Even got the day off work which makes a change for me haha

You seem really keen on getting work experience at the Giants but you seem to be unable to get it.

Have you tried any of the National league teams, often many of them are crying out for people to help out - particularly at no cost to them. Id be surprised if you didnt easily manage to get some in the lower leagues.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:57 am

I'll come down and bring the Grandson, He's only 6 years old but is getting very keen, It will be great for him to meet some of the players, and like Ponner i would like to meet some of the posters on here who i dont know, as well as the ones i do.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:03 am

BO JANGLES wrote:
I'll come down and bring the Grandson, He's only 6 years old but is getting very keen, It will be great for him to meet some of the players, and like Ponner i would like to meet some of the posters on here who i dont know, as well as the ones i do.
Good man!!!
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 2:00 am

Gem Bob wrote:
Meltham Giant wrote:

You seem really keen on getting work experience at the Giants but you seem to be unable to get it.

Have you tried any of the National league teams, often many of them are crying out for people to help out - particularly at no cost to them. Id be surprised if you didnt easily manage to get some in the lower leagues.

Well i can't drive sop need somewhere with easy access. My tutor asked me if i was interested in asking at the Rhinos seen as the uni is a sponser of them and i laughed at him!
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:08 pm

Gonna come down with the young uns too, looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 2:49 pm

If you didn't get chance to go, it was another success, not as mad as last year, but slightly different.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Glad to hear that. Nice to hear these events go well. Did you meet David Fa'alogo? If so is he really as big as he looked on the front of the Examiner??
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 4:02 pm

dannablue wrote:
Glad to hear that. Nice to hear these events go well. Did you meet David Fa'alogo? If so is he really as big as he looked on the front of the Examiner??

Dunno luv, he were sat down!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 6:27 pm

His head is as big as a horse though!!!
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 6:48 pm

Have to say - My kids really enjoyed it.

It was well organised and i was surprised just how much you got to see and i was even more surprised at how many of the players were there. I think there was only 2 out of the 33 we didn't find and that was Eorl and B Hodgson.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 9:15 pm

Some pictures from today.
Giants open day Sl370410
Giants open day Sl370411
Giants open day Sl370412
Giants open day Sl370413
Giants open day Sl370414
Giants open day Sl370415
Back to top Go down
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Clock-Face-Giant

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 9:42 pm

Love the pictures couldnt go had to go to Stafford Gutted
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 10:40 pm

Was a good do, nice to see Ponner and Riedy again, also met Meltham Giant , Ponners Mrs and Washy which was nice, did you get into the ropewalk Gem? I couldn't stay too long, Had to get off to my birthday meal.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 10:47 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Was a good do, nice to see Ponner and Riedy again, also met Meltham Giant , Ponners Mrs and Washy which was nice, did you get into the ropewalk Gem? I couldn't stay too long, Had to get off to my birthday meal.
It was good to see you again Bo. Hope you enjoyed your birthday meal.
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 10:53 pm

These are the only decent ones because the flash was turned on for the others so it made me look stoned

Giants open day 14246_245666584017_515329017_4313247_5520283_n

I sat on his knee, cos he let me Very Happy

Giants open day 14246_245657059017_515329017_4313217_7150453_n

he made me giggle xD

can someone put a name to this face; its been bugging me all day

Giants open day 14246_245664404017_515329017_4313237_1957010_n
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:08 pm

I'm guessing it's either Jacob Fairbank or Adam Walker
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:10 pm

ponner wrote:
I'm guessing it's either Jacob Fairbank or Adam Walker

That will be it Jacob Fairbank! cos Adam walker was in the changing room!

Thanks Ponner Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Giants open day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants open day   Giants open day Empty

Back to top Go down

Giants open day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next