Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should we rest players?

Go down 
+6
wheatley92
Pharmergibbs
ponner
reidy
adelaide-giant.no9
matt01
10 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Should we rest players? Empty
PostSubject: Should we rest players?   Should we rest players? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 7:28 am

Should we rest players for the Wigan game?

Win and we have a chance of third, but so what. However resting players before the cup final backfired, so should we go out and play our strongest side to prepare for the play offs, but risk injures to key players?

Personally I think we don't risk those carrying bad knocks, but otherwise we should play a strong side.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Should we rest players?   Should we rest players? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 7:37 am

play a full strenght fit team and continue the winning run, its best to hit the playoffs on a run with all guns firing rather than chopping and changing a team.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Should we rest players?   Should we rest players? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:39 am

Full first team imho.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Should we rest players?   Should we rest players? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:33 am

I think NB may have learnt a lesson form resting players the week before the cup final. So i'm expecting to see our strongest possible line up available.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Should we rest players?   Should we rest players? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:37 am

ponner wrote:
I think NB may have learnt a lesson form resting players the week before the cup final. So i'm expecting to see our strongest possible line up available.

Agreed, I feel quite confident at the moment and I think we have had our dip in form now. The way I see it is that everybody has to lose and dip in form at some stage, I think ours is done. Conversely I think KR, Wakey, Leeds may well be due that dip as we enter the playoffs. All well and good winning lots in a row but the longer it goes the closer that loss comes. We need to now b uild our own winning run and a full strength side against Wigan will be the start of another run to the finals. We all know we have a team capable of it this season, i think the key will be compensating the loss of Brown.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Should we rest players?   Should we rest players? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 7:14 pm

But what if Brett or someone like that gets injured in a game that has very little importance? It would make a huge dent in our play-off hopes.
Back to top Go down
wheatley92
Ballboy
Ballboy
wheatley92

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Should we rest players?   Should we rest players? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:21 pm

i think we shouldnt rest players,
it all prooved that when we rested players for the cup final,
so i think we should play full strengh squad all the way
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Should we rest players?   Should we rest players? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:27 pm

full bore from now on, we have a strong squad, someone gets injured, sad, but anothers chance to stake a claim, bodies on the line time
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Should we rest players?   Should we rest players? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:49 pm

sadly I got an impression that some were resting AT Wembley!! Rolling Eyes

Embarassed Embarassed Wink
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Should we rest players?   Should we rest players? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Full team for me, Injuries are sadly a part of our game and you just have to take the rough with the smooth.

Lets go into the last game all guns blazing ready for the play offs.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Should we rest players?   Should we rest players? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 7:07 am

We need a win in our last game at Home to lift the fans, help sell STs and to encourage people to come to our second play off game. Lose vs Wigan and lose our first play off game against Leeds and how amny will turn up for the home play off game.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Should we rest players?   Should we rest players? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 8:40 am

Durham Giant wrote:
We need a win in our last game at Home to lift the fans, help sell STs and to encourage people to come to our second play off game. Lose vs Wigan and lose our first play off game against Leeds and how amny will turn up for the home play off game.

Spot on DG!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we rest players?   Should we rest players? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should we rest players?
Page 1 of 1