Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New players

Go down 
+6
reidy
ponner
Pharmergibbs
joek
defleppard
BO JANGLES
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

New players Empty
PostSubject: New players   New players EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:24 pm

We have certainly signed some young players this time, which i am quite happy about, The only thing that bothers me is how many of them will get a chance ? Many a time a players form in the A team is no real reflection on their capabillities in the first team, Hemmingway is the perfect example of that, he was judged not to have progressed and yet in his few Ist team chances he was equal to anyone in the side, However that is water under the bridge and under a different coach.

There are rumors about that Phil Joseph has been signed, I can't take them seriously myself , He was sold a few years ago as not being good enough for the squad at that time, so how he could now be good enough after a few years in the National leagues is baffling, This is not meant to disrespect Joseph, some people make the top grade and some don't ( most don't ) so i choose to dismiss this as nonsense.

The rumor about K Brown being moved to L forward however is a much more believable one, I would not be against giving that a go myself, but the rumor is that Grix would be moved to SO and that just makes me think that the moves would be made to accommodate A Murphy . Grix would be IMO no improvement on K Brown, he is already playing in his best position at Full back, and the ideal would be to let him and Murphy fight it out for that position.

I think K Brown may well make the grade at LF but the SO is the vital position , for me we want a top class player there, and it doesn't look like that is going to happen now so what the point of weakening the position would be i don't know, unless as i have said it is to accommodate other players. It may well be a lot of rubbish, only time will tell.

One thing that has astonished and delighted me is that the club has apparently increased the number of season tickets, In view of the performance in the second half of the season, that is some achievement, whilst I'm sure the prices have had much to do with it, It is still a tremendous achievement, maybe one day we will hit the magic 10,000, i certainly hope so.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:55 pm

I think he had to switch things around,last year was close but not good enough in the final analysis.More of the same wasn't an option,especially after the bad fade out at the end.I have my doubts about Grix as a pivot,though I would say he has more pace than Kev Brown.I will say this though Grix has a better than decent kicking game which goes in his favour.Depends if he can show he has got good enough hands to put people into gaps at 6.There is of course one other option for 6 if not Grix or Brown.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:01 pm

Very disappointed with no more signings. Very disappointing!
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:22 pm

joek wrote:
Very disappointed with no more signings. Very disappointing!

Agreed, really need that prop!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Yes i've not been inspired one bit with our signings for next season.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:00 pm

S'not just me then, good to know!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:54 pm

I think Chan could be a real handful for the opposition. Players like George and Murphy add more competition and a couple of young potentials. The real surprise is Tonks in for Griffin. We are taking a gamble with how light we are up front. I know the interchange rules have changed, but if Wigan and Wire are still going with the big lads then you do wonder what we know that someone like Tony Smith doesn't.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Posted my disappointment on another forum and got castigated for it as lacking understanding. Amazing. We need another big signing!
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Join the club Joek!!--and dont let it get to you fella ! Wink
Say it as you see it!!

Me and Bo`s been castigated so many times --we get withdrawal symptoms when they have a day of!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:01 pm

penninegiant wrote:
Join the club Joek!!--and dont let it get to you fella ! Wink
Say it as you see it!!

Me and Bo`s been castigated so many times --we get withdrawal symptoms when they have a day of!!! Sad

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:24 pm

joek wrote:
Posted my disappointment on another forum and got castigated for it as lacking understanding. Amazing. We need another big signing!

The most disappointing thing for me is we seem to be just repeating last years failed system of a big squad, We just have to hope that some of the youngsters come good, but that depends on them getting a chance, I am sure N Brown has his plans I just hope they work better than the second half of last season.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Thanks for the advice! It's continued I'm pleased to say, I have 'a lack of knowledge and understanding of the situation.' Patronising twaddle sadly with very few posters! I still want a new signing.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:07 pm

joek wrote:
Thanks for the advice! It's continued I'm pleased to say, I have 'a lack of knowledge and understanding of the situation.' Patronising twaddle sadly with very few posters! I still want a new signing.

Joe, we were once on "The Dark Side", but then Yoda's Grandson (Ponner Skywalker) made us see the light!
We are all happy little Wookies now!

Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:07 pm

My plan too. Far more and better posts here for me.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Brown now says we are going to have a mobile pack. Although he even suggests this was dealt to him rather than his preferred option. Mobile is a polite way of saying light. Light packs rarely beat big packs. Yes we have new rules meaning less substitutions, but as Wire showed this season you can win games in the first 20 minutes with a powerful pack. Another big prop would have made us look so much better. I know we have to live within the cap, but when we signed all these backs and seem short in the props it doesn't look like we boxed that clever. Still time will tell, hopefully we are all proved wrong and we will win some silverware next season.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:55 am

joek wrote:

I got the same response when i suggested our pack looked light with too many backrows playing as props.

However that was not on the forum i moderate Wink
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Durham Giant wrote:
joek wrote:

I got the same response when i suggested our pack looked light with too many backrows playing as props.

However that was not on the forum i moderate Wink

Way I see it DG is that if you don't agree with the club or it's decisions, many of the backside kissers are more than willing to fall out with you over it...... Neutral
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Well I won't kiss their b**** as I want to express a personal opinion, so I will continue.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Agree with alot of the above, Kev Brown ain't a stand off but why move him if you don't have owt better especially to another position he not used to.
Brown is a centre and a very good one at that for what it's worth.
Would have loved to have seen a top class standoff of come into the club and a decent prop, looks like we going with what we got so fingers very tightly crossed.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:38 am

Rumours the Stewart brothers available from Manly now Hasler been sacked but not sure how good they are?
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:58 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
Rumours the Stewart brothers available from Manly now Hasler been sacked but not sure how good they are?
Very good!!! I'd have both of them.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:18 pm

They are both brilliant. Brett an awesome fullback, Glen a superb ball playing backrower!
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 7:25 pm

are they sons of our hero Russell??? Smile

now HE COULD tackle!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New players Empty
PostSubject: Re: New players   New players Empty

Back to top Go down

New players
Page 1 of 1