Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's show our support on Monday

Go down 
+10
reidy
Eclair
penninegiant
Natalie-x
wheatley92
BO JANGLES
dannablue
sadu
adelaide-giant.no9
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Let's show our support on Monday Empty
PostSubject: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Hope to see a good crowd welcoming the lads back into Town on Monday. Losing the cup is not what really matters, what really matters is that we now have a side we can be proud of and a side which other teams fans recognise as a top four/grand final challenger side. We have made giant strides, so let's get behind the lads and give them a little bit more encouragement to challenge for that golden ticket...a place in the grand final!

Proud to be a Giants supporter!
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 10:11 pm

there will be a few hundred
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Well that's better than some of our away support so I'll take that!! lol
Back to top Go down
sadu
Ballboy
Ballboy
sadu

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:23 pm

yeh.. the few hundred real supporters.. just shows how little of a rugby league town this is Sad .. its the reason why wire took so many to the final.. and we only had a handful that were regulars .. I'd rather have just the handful rather than thousands extra tag-alongs.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 6:09 pm

This is not a Rugby League town. Cas is a Rugby League town, Widnes, Warrington (to an extent), Wigan, Saints, Leeds....Cumbria by and large has town's where Rugby League is king, possibly Hull aswell.

We don't have the same level of fanatiscm as those places, we do have some very dedicated hardcore out and out fans....but not enough.

It's sad, but there it is.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 7:38 pm

We have to compete with too many other things in Huddersfield.

The week we are due to go to Wembley my husband saw someone pulling an advertising trailer through the town centre with an advert on for Town v Yeovil for a fiver! We should have done something similar for the Final. We will get no help from Town now or their fans, they hate us and thats the way it will always be. There was no mention of the reason for the cheap entrance fee for that game at the Town match prior to the Final either. Town dont want to help us in any way.

I do not buy the Examiner regularly - usually read bits online - but if I didnt read that then I wouldnt know there was a rugby club in this town. There is little splashed about. It is not shouted from the roof tops. When the Bulls were on the up they had adverts on buses, in bus stops, did promotions with fast food outlets, and held many events.

My point is that we did not, in my opinion, do enough to spread the word before the final, or indeed many of the games. Many people still do not realise you can get kids into the Giants matches for free!

They advertise in the Examiner but if you dont buy it (lets face it what is there in it to warrant buying it these days!) then there is little mention anywhere else.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box now, rant over.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 10:08 pm

dannablue wrote:
We have to compete with too many other things in Huddersfield.

The week we are due to go to Wembley my husband saw someone pulling an advertising trailer through the town centre with an advert on for Town v Yeovil for a fiver! We should have done something similar for the Final. We will get no help from Town now or their fans, they hate us and thats the way it will always be. There was no mention of the reason for the cheap entrance fee for that game at the Town match prior to the Final either. Town dont want to help us in any way.

I do not buy the Examiner regularly - usually read bits online - but if I didnt read that then I wouldnt know there was a rugby club in this town. There is little splashed about. It is not shouted from the roof tops. When the Bulls were on the up they had adverts on buses, in bus stops, did promotions with fast food outlets, and held many events.

My point is that we did not, in my opinion, do enough to spread the word before the final, or indeed many of the games. Many people still do not realise you can get kids into the Giants matches for free!

They advertise in the Examiner but if you dont buy it (lets face it what is there in it to warrant buying it these days!) then there is little mention anywhere else.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box now, rant over.

That's a damn good post Danna and your absolutely spot on. Leeds and Bradford have really marketed their teams well, to be fair Cas do aswell amount of support you can drum up is well worth the effort. It's all very lazy and football does take too much of the limelight in the town.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 10:56 pm

So basically what we are saying here is, It's all the fans fault, especially the one's who only go on big occasions, because they dont sing, Well i can tell you that K Davy wants them whether they sing or not. I was sat up in the top level ,and looking down so to speak on the majority of Giants fans, There were plenty people around me making plenty of noise, ok they weren't singing any songs but they were giving the team plenty of encouragement, On the lower tiers where the majority of fan were it looked just as colourful as the warrington end , they were making plenty of noise, but were sometimes drowned out by the Wolves fans because they must have had 6 or 7 thousand more there, but you can't force people to go, and you can't force them to sing if they dont want to.
The traditional chant for the Giants is Fartown and rightly or wrongly that is what i shout, there is no way i will sing a song that is famously related to a football team, I was pretty much voiceless after the game, so there is no way i am accepting any responsibility for that performance, I spent my money and my time going there to support them, On the field it was up to them to perform.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:00 pm

I'm not having a pop a you Bo Jangles, I happen to think you talk alot of sense and know your stuff. Theres nothing wrong with the Fartown chant, I wish more would join in. What I have been saying all along is that we just need a bit more get and go, all we've got is get up and gone. Bubbles would be a great song for us to sing, it's like when I hear Hull singing old faithful or Leeds singing marching on together....it get's the hairs on the back of my neck...so imagine what a lift it can give the players.
Back to top Go down
wheatley92
Ballboy
Ballboy
wheatley92

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:06 pm

i agree with both of you,
buta song is what we need,
a few teams have them, and i think it would be great to have song for the fartowners
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:08 pm

That's it, just because I suggested Bubbles doesn't mean that's all I would sing. I'm happy to sing anything that can at least let the players know we are there and backing them. It makes a hue difference and can be like an extra man for our team, this isn't just me talking out of my behind there have been studies into the effect of chanting at gatherings...so there is proof of it's benefits.
Back to top Go down
wheatley92
Ballboy
Ballboy
wheatley92

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:10 pm

well i set up a topic, just need peoples thoughts and suggestions really,
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:09 am

I dont think this was the fans fault in any way shape or form. Where I was sat there was plenty shouting and even singing on occasion. It is hard for fans to sing continuously especially when the team are on the back foot. I feel that the team did not put up the performance that a lot of fans were hoping for and this may have played a part. Our expectations were high and we were left disappointed. I have sat in the Antich, John Smiths or whatever you want to call it stand on many occasions and have sat among the people at the back as I always do and have not heard a peep out of them when our team were losing, on the back foot and needed a lift. It happens at the Galpharm too! I cannot see the point in people blaming others...its now history, Warrington won, we didnt and we need to move on instead of bickering amongst ourselves since that wont help the club and certainly wont bring the cup to Huddersfield.

We do still have the chance of a cup in October...lets concentrate on that and the next game - Celtic!
Back to top Go down
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:33 am

dannablue wrote:
I dont think this was the fans fault in any way shape or form. Where I was sat there was plenty shouting and even singing on occasion. It is hard for fans to sing continuously especially when the team are on the back foot. I feel that the team did not put up the performance that a lot of fans were hoping for and this may have played a part. Our expectations were high and we were left disappointed. I have sat in the Antich, John Smiths or whatever you want to call it stand on many occasions and have sat among the people at the back as I always do and have not heard a peep out of them when our team were losing, on the back foot and needed a lift. It happens at the Galpharm too! I cannot see the point in people blaming others...its now history, Warrington won, we didnt and we need to move on instead of bickering amongst ourselves since that wont help the club and certainly wont bring the cup to Huddersfield.

We do still have the chance of a cup in October...lets concentrate on that and the next game - Celtic!

Totally agree with you here Danna!
I dont think it was our fault at all...
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:12 am

Well thank the lord theres THREE at least --Id have thought I was moaning!!_ Wink Very Happy

Yes - Warrington got behind their team big time !!Reidy
Nobody notice they were never behind ?? makes a big difference yer know ! Rolling Eyes

Ever listened to Saints supporters =--and Leeds when theyre playing catch up --not the most vociferous

Bottom line you can lift a team yes - you cant do miracles - the inner motivation has to be there --coupled with a little luck and we got neither sadly

Newsome / Emley/ Umderbank dont have 100`s singing for em -- THEY have to do it themselves
Even Swag has to motivate himself on the golf course and crappy old me at table tennis!!

Once theyre out there Nathan Brown or Smith cant do a lot
You clap Boycott after hes hit a Four

You clap Higgins after hes made a 147

Lets stop looking outside at ourselves
Ive said that two homegrown players Raleigh and Lawrence might have played with more PRIDE - but we`ll never know !!

Most folk paid out Id say approx £100 average (AT LEAST) to go down there - faithful or "hangers On glory hunters
The team are professional paid sportsmen - they should co their bit as well perhaps
On the day a few decisions that could have put us in front went against us and changed the tone of the match Perhaps didnt mean we would have would have won - we were below par - but it does change things and THEY would have been playing catch up - not us
The same situation as at Warrington
You sometimes have to give summat to get summat
End of the day theres only one WINNER

Not saying they didnt try - Watching again - some of the handling was superb --but we were not firing and dictating the game - video ref / luck / or anything else we were second best and it isnt the fans FAULT

A chance was blown to boost season ticket sales / lift our profile/ and kick on

Success brings success
Failure brings nowt - and bottom line the silverware`s on there top shelf
Get tired of excuses --prefer "the reason why"
I aint having it that its OUR fault ! Sorry !! Ken did his bit on that score and the regulars too
Lets hope we can lift ourselves back up and finish in style instead of a damp squib ending to the season
Nathan has my best wishes -- the team too -- and Ill be there100% -- lets hope the players perform and give their best for all the 80 mins that are left
Thats all I ask !
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:19 am

Nice post PG..right behind you on that!

I'm still fartown through and through, yesterday was history but all our tomorrows are history in the making...lets hope our tomorrows are full of claret and gold success.

Onward and upward Smile
Back to top Go down
Eclair
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:16 am

Just setting off for St Georges square (and Head of Steam / George Hotel)
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 12:09 pm

I agree Rodders, but as I said in another thread, some of our 'part time fans', were looking at us as if we were riff-raff. Simply for cheering our team on and being just the same respectable and well behaved fans as we are at home.
On an occasion like this, it's all about being loud (but not dis-respectful to them around us) and showing support, singing etc. These day-trippers looked at us as if we were scumbags.

We cheered win or lose.

As I said, at least we got there but a win would have been good. I, as some others do, feel a bit robbed by some of the events throughout the game, but all we can do is march on.

Lets face it, the club wouldn't listen to any complaints anyway, so we might as well just pee in the wind.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 1:38 pm

reidy wrote:
I agree Rodders, but as I said in another thread, some of our 'part time fans', were looking at us as if we were riff-raff. Simply for cheering our team on and being just the same respectable and well behaved fans as we are at home.
On an occasion like this, it's all about being loud (but not dis-respectful to them around us) and showing support, singing etc. These day-trippers looked at us as if we were scumbags.

We cheered win or lose.

As I said, at least we got there but a win would have been good. I, as some others do, feel a bit robbed by some of the events throughout the game, but all we can do is march on.

Lets face it, the club wouldn't listen to any complaints anyway, so we might as well just pee in the wind.

Bang on Reidy. A cup final is a one off, it's not an amateur game or a Sunday league comp game....or even a Super League game, this was OUR cup final, a chance to shine and we blew it....the players, the fans...the whole kit and kaboodle.

People looking at the hardcore fans who do want to clap, sing and cheer is bang out of line and I'm not going to apologise when I say that I hope they don't bother coming back unless they sort themselves out and get into the spirit.

My wife said that today on the bus Kev Brown was looking especially down and depressed, but when he saw a handful of fans at the front doing the fartown chant he looked a little bit chirpier even if it was only a temporary thing.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:22 pm

Yep, playoffs next Anwar!
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:29 pm

Indeed!!
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:07 pm

1ST Season for NB c/cup final appearance and at the worst a top 4 finish.

Saturday was depressing cos we froze, Huddersfield will never again be a RL town cos the folks just don't seem to come support the Giants but ATEOTD all us on here will be there next year I am sure.

Things will get better for the Giants as NB takes us up to that next level.

Chins up guys
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:21 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
1ST Season for NB c/cup final appearance and at the worst a top 4 finish.

Saturday was depressing cos we froze, Huddersfield will never again be a RL town cos the folks just don't seem to come support the Giants but ATEOTD all us on here will be there next year I am sure.

Things will get better for the Giants as NB takes us up to that next level.

Chins up guys
well said oz,at the end of the day i'm happy to be were we are with a new coach and playoffs just round the corner!! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:31 pm

I am happy with our season too. As a fan you have to take the downs as well as the ups and we are a team on the up...to be a great team takes time but I am sure we can get there if we all stick together.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:58 pm

dannablue wrote:
I am happy with our season too. As a fan you have to take the downs as well as the ups and we are a team on the up...to be a great team takes time but I am sure we can get there if we all stick together.

Then I`ll certainly be collecting for a tub of UNIBOND at the Wigan game, DB !! Wink Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's show our support on Monday   Let's show our support on Monday Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's show our support on Monday
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next