Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wembley Tickets

Go down 
+16
DYSON28
Pharmergibbs
Natalie-x
penninegiant
reidy
dannablue
wheatley92
giants4eva15
adelaide-giant.no9
Giant-Dragon
BO JANGLES
FLYINGPROP
washy
lealea3
matt01
ponner
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Wembley Tickets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:26 am

All 12 of ours have just arrived in the post, Golden tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just cannot wait
Back to top Go down
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:54 am

My uncle bought me a ticket- how great is my uncle?! Smile
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:17 am

Just got mine..block 131 !!! get in lets hope we can beat the number of fans that travelled to twickers ?? any one know that amount??
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:20 am

Got our 15 tickets now thanks to Shogun. West Stand, Block 130, row 21 and 22
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:24 am

I got 4 for my lot block 530, and 5 for my sister & Co. in block 533
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:28 am

ponner wrote:
Hate to put a downer on things but we've only sold just over 4k so far. Getting ours tomorrow, hope another 10k people are too pray

I thought it was 3k on monday and another 4k on Tuesday by lunch...must have been 3k Monday with only another 1,000 yesterday by lunch. Hope today brings plenty out. There will be a few that are waiting for their next pay day and general sale should bump it up a bit.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:40 am

its not great is it?
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 12:20 pm

Credit crunch time though gang, many people will be scrimping to accomodate tickets and coach fares for the day itself, especially when they have just shelled out for the day out for the semi.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 12:48 pm

I think also Wire have sold more faster (if what we read is true) because they opened for longer hours. Working hours 9-5 is not ideal for those who are working during the day and not all bosses are happy for you to arrive at work late just so you can queue for tickets.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm

dannablue wrote:
I think also Wire have sold more faster (if what we read is true) because they opened for longer hours. Working hours 9-5 is not ideal for those who are working during the day and not all bosses are happy for you to arrive at work late just so you can queue for tickets.
Very true. My usual working hours are 9-5 and my boss is a Bulls fan so I aint even asking for a few hours off lol luckily Shogun went for them today.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:33 pm

By all accounts Wire are selling much faster than us, which if true is a real shame. Credit crunch or not, I don't believe Huddersfield has been affected more than Warrington by the recession. It just appears the folk of Huddersfield aren't as bothered as the folk of Warrington.

Perhaps we need to get local businesses on board. Maybe the club could produce banners that shops, pubs etc... could put up, saying something along the lines of we support the Giants at Wembley. A bit like they do for England when the World cup is on.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 5:28 pm

All we can do is wait and see what happens...there was a large queue there today so that looks good. We have a home game this weekend so perhaps some will be waiting to buy theirs then or on Saturday. We must also remember that there are some fans who support Town too and I understand Town have a home game against Yeovil the same day so perhaps there are some torn between Wembley or home against Yeovil - cannot understand why they would be personally but everyone is different.
Back to top Go down
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Yeovil! We must be rubbish if we can't even compete with that! I think what Reidy was saying is true, times are hard right now and when you think houses are being repossesed, debts are being called in and the cost of living seems to escalate a trip to Wembley to watch a game of Rugby no longer seems quite as important. Still...got my tickets west stand block 133!!
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Depending on how may tickets remain, think it would be a nice, if expensive, gesture from Ken Davy and co to give them to junior rugby league players/teams in and around the Huddersfield area and lay on coaches to take them down.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:14 pm

anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf wrote:
Depending on how may tickets remain, think it would be a nice, if expensive, gesture from Ken Davy and co to give them to junior rugby league players/teams in and around the Huddersfield area and lay on coaches to take them down.
It would be incredibly nice, but even Davy and co have a limit. Perhaps a sponsor or two could subsidise such an event. e.g. Newsome Panthers Juniors coach sponsored by 'blank', get a mention in the Examiner, program, website etc...
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Yeovil! We must be rubbish if we can't even compete with that! I think what Reidy was saying is true, times are hard right now and when you think houses are being repossesed, debts are being called in and the cost of living seems to escalate a trip to Wembley to watch a game of Rugby no longer seems quite as important. Still...got my tickets west stand block 133!!
Where about in block 133? I went for the expensive £41 tickets in that block, as it maybe the only time I get to see Fartown at Wembley.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:32 pm

The club won't pay for anything.
I can't say anyomore than a friend of ours has been left extremely upset and disappointed with the club after club has asked them to do something, but at their own cost.
So the chances of any subsidies for any clubs/individuals are damn slim.

Had to edit this as wrong info received......

Last edited by reidy on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Tickets secured in Block 124 - a tad expensive but like Matt said this could be the only time many of us see Fartown at Wembley (hope not though).
I remember being excited about Twickenham in 2006 but being at Wembley is almost unbelievable. Hope I don' t wake up and it was only a dream.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:21 pm

Row 6, the £31 tickets Matt.....Yea you're right, gotta make the most of the experience. Am relishing this as Twickenham was pants!
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:17 am

Row 6, the £31 tickets Matt.....Yea you're right, gotta make the most of the experience. Am relishing this as Twickenham was pants!

good day out.. but the fianl experience was not exactly riveting, i would have preferded wembley back in 2006
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 2:31 pm

JudgeB wrote:
like Matt said this could be the only time many of us see Fartown at the NEW Wembley (hope not though).

EDITED FOR CORRECTNESS!! Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Giants_babe
Giants_babe

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:14 pm

I got my tickets as soon as i got back from Warrington frm the RFL website....lol i cudnt wait til the Monday lol. Im in West Stand, Block 136, Seat 58 - 61. It cant cum fast enuff lol really cant wait x x x
[left]
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:55 pm

Giants_babe wrote:
I got my tickets as soon as i got back from Warrington frm the RFL website....lol i cudnt wait til the Monday lol. Im in West Stand, Block 136, Seat 58 - 61. It cant cum fast enuff lol really cant wait x x x
[left]
We did that for the Twickenham final, well my sister did, I managed to wait until 10:30 monday morning this time. 10:30 on the dot I rang, well maybe 10:29.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:07 pm

S'pose it's good when you can do that, when you only work part time Matt!!
Wink Wink Wink Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Giants_babe
Giants_babe

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:54 pm

LOL @ Matt i dint go 2 Twickenham i wa 2 close 2 my due date @ the tym lol Crying or Very sad
But i certainly want guna miss it this yr but not takin my lil lad he's only six and reali wont do the drive lol so hes not happy tht hes missin the lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wembley Tickets   Wembley Tickets - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wembley Tickets
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next