Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+13
sadu
giantsdjl
Durham Giant
washy
Natalie-x
giants4eva15
matt01
DYSON28
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
BO JANGLES
Eclair
dannablue
Gem Bob
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Listening in from Vietnam - Get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely suited Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:01 pm

Cant believe it...still havent got my breathing to a steady rate...my heart feels like its done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson!

But it was worth it coz we are going to WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!! Come on you Giants!
Back to top Go down
Eclair
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:20 pm

Brilliant, just brilliant!! The best team won:)
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:35 pm

What a superb defensive performance, exactly what was required, and some great tries as well, great turnout from the fans and lots of noise, B Hodgson superb, S Wild pricless, the whole team a credit to N Brown, what a great day to come.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:25 pm

Best day out for me personally in my time supporting the club. Players were fantastic and the crowd gave the lads everything they had, I'm well proud to be a Giants fan right now and think you guys were a credit to the club today...we outsung Saints and we fully deserve to be in the Final!

Kevin Brown and Wildy were a class above today, nobody could touch them!

GET IN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:31 pm

yea!!! get in awesome atmosphere down there ...never looked like losing best team won ....well done lads youve done Huddersfield proud
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:44 pm

It was absolutely fantastic. We were the team that ended Saints run in the cup. I have to admit to watching the clock a lot in the second half, but it was a real party once Hodgson made the break and Wild finished off.
Back to top Go down
giants4eva15
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 82
Location : the giants are my religion, the galpharm my church!
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:20 pm

absolutely awesome game...nerves jangled for a while but we were fantastic Wink
wembley here we come WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21033
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:11 pm

giants4eva15 wrote:
absolutely awesome game...nerves jangled for a while but we were fantastic Wink
wembley here we come WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21033
I was very nervous in the second half, but with Mason, Griffin, Jackson and Crabtree dominating their supposedly superior opposite numbers we also had the upper hand.
Back to top Go down
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:17 pm

pray < That was me last night!
Im so happy! Happiest I have been in a while!!
Im so so so proud of the players, they deserved that win, and the look on their faces was priceless. You could tell how happy it made them!
My eyes we're filling up, my hands were shaking!

... to top it off.. I was on TV too Smile

We're offff tooooo wembellllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy!!
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:20 pm

It was a fantastic day today! I was one of the pessimists as with all the Saints mind games prior to the game I just couldn't see us winning as Saints can turn it on whenever. But today even with the "non inclusion" of Roby who till yesterday was a definate non player, saints were pretty average.

I have cringed ever since we beat Cas the Wemberley chant and today was no exception as even on the 73rd minute and 8 points up I was telling those aroundf me to shut up as we were not safe, but that last try even I was singing it!!

When grown men are crying and hugging everyone it just shows how much this meant to everybody. Having been to many Saints semi's I have never seen a saints fan cry or even hug when they've won.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:27 pm

washy wrote:
It was a fantastic day today! I was one of the pessimists as with all the Saints mind games prior to the game I just couldn't see us winning as Saints can turn it on whenever. But today even with the "non inclusion" of Roby who till yesterday was a definate non player, saints were pretty average.

I have cringed ever since we beat Cas the Wemberley chant and today was no exception as even on the 73rd minute and 8 points up I was telling those aroundf me to shut up as we were not safe, but that last try even I was singing it!!

When grown men are crying and hugging everyone it just shows how much this meant to everybody. Having been to many Saints semi's I have never seen a saints fan cry or even hug when they've won.

I was CRYING not only due to the fact that we won but i am on Holiday for the cup final Sad

But i have just changed the flight times and the family is coming back two days early. Although it has cost me an arm and a leg WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21033
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:38 pm

Durham Giant wrote:
washy wrote:

I was CRYING not only due to the fact that we won but i am on Holiday for the cup final Sad

But i have just changed the flight times and the family is coming back two days early. Although it has cost me an arm and a leg WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21033
Still well worth it.
Back to top Go down
giantsdjl
giantsdjl

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:50 pm

wat a match !!!!!!! brett start as always the best ever today was a team perforamance i were nearly in tears at the end aswel as i were happy yh WEMBLEY WEMBLEY WEMBLEY
Back to top Go down
sadu
Ballboy
Ballboy
sadu

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:55 pm

bounce Can't wait 4 final now... quietly confient.. but that Tony is doing lot of good work with warrington so i wont underestimate them. We'll have another fantastic game on our hands there! Very Happy

We were by faaaar the better team today, and am sooo happy with the noise us lot made! we're sounding more n more like proper fans now..yay! Very Happy

Soo So Proud of the team... fantastic effort from them all, made saints look average... we could see saints confidence was low from the start when they kept trying it on/cheating tactics mainly from pig pryce & eastmond.

Ahhh So Over Excited!! WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21033 WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21033
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 11:10 pm

We will need to show the same desire and that bit of class, but also cut out some of the handling errors if we are to be really confident of beating Wire. This is it for them, nothing but the final for them this season and Tony will have them well prepared for it.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 11:54 pm

Did anyone else have Saints fan coming up to them saying the best team won? Few Saints came up to me and said we will cheer you on in final, you deserve it after the way you have played this season!

Good thing it wasn't a football match otherwise they wouldn't have been saying anything, they would be throwing punches! Proud to be a supporter of Rugby league Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:09 am

Meltham Giant wrote:
Did anyone else have Saints fan coming up to them saying the best team won? Few Saints came up to me and said we will cheer you on in final, you deserve it after the way you have played this season!

Good thing it wasn't a football match otherwise they wouldn't have been saying anything, they would be throwing punches! Proud to be a supporter of Rugby league Very Happy
Loads, very gracious in defeat. One of the things that makes our sport the greatest game.
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:10 am

Very gracious in Defeat, Just shows they know they were beaten by a better side on the day.... still buzzin!!!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Yep, a good few of 'em did.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:53 pm

The most pleasing thing for me was the desire the team showed to stop Saints scoring even after they had crossed the line, That and the pace showed by some of the players to score after long bouts of defending. Not many teams can pressure your line better than Saints, I doubt any other team in the league would have fared better.
This will be the third time i have watched them at Wembley, and i am just as exited as the first time, I know a certain PG will be even worse than me, so all you who are going to watch them for the first time, prepare yourselves for a great day out, Forget about that other place we went to , there is no comparison
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:23 pm

Aye a Challenge Cup final at Wemberlee is very special, Twickenham was flatter than a pancake...a complete non event. Have only been to one cup final at Wembley back in 1997, but was amazing and I really can't wait for our turn!!

I expect Briers to play like a man possessed, but if we stic to what we do best then we have a fantastic chance. I don't even want to think of losing, not after having totally outclassed Saints and that nail biter against Cas!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 3:47 am

I am gutted ill be missing the final, but will be there in spirit believe me!

However, I expect the final to be the toughest fought games of previous years in any competition.
Warrington are absolutely desperate for the win and we are exactly the same. This is no Saints v Leeds, this is 2 sides who have everything to prove and if both sides play their hearts out - which i have no doubt they will - Then i believe the final may be one of those Challenge Cup finals which is talked about in decades to come as being one of the greats.

Win or lose, we beat Saints in a semi final to get to Wembley. Winning the final would be the cherry on the top.

Its all down to 80 minutes now.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:24 pm

Made a little addition to the website banner just to get us in the mood Wink
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:46 pm

GB ----the "communal " shirt WILL BE THERE representing the lads and the Heavy Woollen District!! Smile WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21033 WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21033 WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21033 WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21033 ( courtesy of me and Boomer!!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next