Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE

Go down 
+5
nathaniel999
FLYINGPROP
ponner
Gem Bob
BO JANGLES
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE Empty
PostSubject: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 6:17 pm

I only got to hear the last 5 minutes but it sounded as though we did reasonably well and could have sneaked it,

I'Ve talked to someone who went and he said both our wingers were very poor, he confirmed what i have been saying for a week or two now, That Hodgson has lost his pace, He said that Aspinwall was just generally poor. However that said, to lose at Leeds by that score is a lot better than we have become used to, The next three are all winnable , so onward and upward.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Bo you should have heard it on Yorkshire Radio.

Ill set the scene:

Giants were the only team to score in the first half....

Start of second half -

Commentator:

"Leeds are having an outstanding game, but Huddersfield are doing their best to hang in"

Honestly mate you couldn't make it up. At one point during the game i genuinely checked i wasn't listening through Rhinos radio.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:02 pm

We didn't deserve to lose today at all. Once we went 12-0 in front the ref had to take matters into his own hands to get the Rhinos back into the game. Our defense was outstanding today.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Which one of Billy Smart's finest was in charge today?
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:15 pm

That French git that daren't give anything against the Southstand chavs.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:20 pm

oh aii "Le Twerp" forgot, same pancake flipper we had at start of season against Stains or Hull can't remember which.

Did they do ok mate
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:26 pm

A few too many forced passes at times but on the whole I was proud of the lads. Sculthorpe looked ok as did Fulton. Think Andy Raleigh was our man of the match though, thought Brown went well too. Play like that against Cas and well murder them and nil them.

Well depending on the ref. Neutral
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Well look at it this way Fellas, when we win the championship and the CC, we shall have done it despite the entire squad of refferees being hell bent on stopping us . Wink
Back to top Go down
nathaniel999
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 9:11 pm

brett hodgosn needs to stop passing the ball when he collects it off a kick. maybe he will realise now since it has cost us. overall brilliant game for us and defence was ace. its going to have to be something like in the semi for us
Back to top Go down
Giant leopard

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 7:56 am

nathaniel999 wrote:
brett hodgosn needs to stop passing the ball when he collects it off a kick. maybe he will realise now since it has cost us. overall brilliant game for us and defence was ace. its going to have to be something like in the semi for us

I agree. Hodgson really needs to show more composure. Brilliant organiser and positonal play, but to throw a shocking pass to Aspinwall when he could easily have returned the ball himself is not good enough from someone with his experience. Put us straight on the back foot when we need some time with the ball. Also the final play we were 3 v 2 and only 10 meters out. There seemed to be better options than to throw pass out to aspinwall (grubber kick, or try and draw the defender). Not a happy end to the game.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:52 pm

l think Brett Hodgson is a bad passer of the ball, he fills me with dread when he runs in front of the sticks, looking to put in one of his suicidal moves.. dare l say it a spell in the reserves for him, his namesake, Foulton, and Aspers. a reality check?
we also need a sprinting coach, no pace in the backs, next priority.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 5:24 pm

I thought our work rate and defence were awesome and if that pass at the end had made it to the wingman he would have walked in for the winning try, unfortunately it was intercepted and game over. Both teams were very good, but both bombed loads of chances too. You really couldn't split the two teams, Leeds just had that little extra luck and perhaps that little extra pace out wide.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 5:36 pm

boomer wrote:
l think Brett Hodgson is a bad passer of the ball, he fills me with dread when he runs in front of the sticks, looking to put in one of his suicidal moves.. dare l say it a spell in the reserves for him, his namesake, Foulton, and Aspers. a reality check?

Not just me then afterall.
Back to top Go down
raceman

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 7:55 pm

boomer wrote:

Totally agree with that. A few players seem to have lost a couple of yards of pace. Dave Townsend was my sprint coach at Longwood Harriers and he used to be part of the Giants coaching setup, I can only imagine that he's left. If so, we desperately need another!
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 11:48 pm

can't understand it with especially D Hodgson cos he was an absolute flyer when he was at Salford.

We do look a little short of pace in the backs IMHO
Back to top Go down
Giant leopard

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 2:47 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
can't understand it with especially D Hodgson cos he was an absolute flyer when he was at Salford.

Both wingers have had major knee surgery and now lack a bit off pace. I'm sure this is the major contributing factor. OUr wingers get through a hell of a lot of work up the middle as well, whcih will take that edge away.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Giant leopard wrote:
FLYINGPROP wrote:

Both wingers have had major knee surgery and now lack a bit off pace. I'm sure this is the major contributing factor. OUr wingers get through a hell of a lot of work up the middle as well, whcih will take that edge away.

That's one thing I am struggling to work out, I can see the wingers coming in from time to time but Hodgson has been operating like a forward, what's that about ? It wont help his speed so why do it, Its not as if we are short of forwards, anyway there must be some reason for it, but it escapes me .
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:33 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Giant leopard wrote:
FLYINGPROP wrote:

That's one thing I am struggling to work out, I can see the wingers coming in from time to time but Hodgson has been operating like a forward, what's that about ? It wont help his speed so why do it, Its not as if we are short of forwards, anyway there must be some reason for it, but it escapes me .
It helps to give our forwards a rest, knowing they don't need to sprint back and then charge forward straight away, meaning when they do run with the ball they have more energy to make more yards and can defend superbly as they do.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:10 am

matt01 wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
Giant leopard wrote:
FLYINGPROP wrote:

It helps to give our forwards a rest, knowing they don't need to sprint back and then charge forward straight away, meaning when they do run with the ball they have more energy to make more yards and can defend superbly as they do.

Yes i know that many wingers come in from time to time to help the forwards out, but this seems more than that to be honest, I think it was the HKR game Hodgson took the very first carry of our first sett, and although i am not big on stats ,i reckon by half time he would have had as many as any one of the forwards , It has to be having a lot to do with them not being able to show any pace when they get a chance, which rather defeats the object of having pacy wingers in the first place, Still It's a matter of style i suppose and all round we are a hell of a lot better team than we have been for a long time, I must admit that for me the greatest sight in League, is to see a winger in full flight, so It's a disapointment when you see them not having the speed or maybe the confidence to go for it.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 9:59 am

Agree with alot of the above, Love to see a speedy winger take the fullback on the outside to score but also love to see a winger hungry for work and happy to help the forwards out up the middle.

Want it all ways I suppose, maybe we should sign Isreal Falou?
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 8:43 pm

Both wingers have plenty of experiance, and with that good defensive savvy, but wingers need to be fast, and these two have lost it, and it aint comming back, lve seen McGilvary this season at Batley, pace to burn , but nothing else, lazy, do you shove him in aka Penny, Ainscough, Riley, Hall, for me Yes, in at the deep end.
Cudjoe and Bruno, can also play wing, there young fit and fast.
Taxi for Hodgson and Aspenall
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Only problem Boomer is we tried Lawrence on the wing at Milenium Magic and kept getting caught out of position as drifting into centers all the time.

Anyone seen seconds? have we any decent wingers there or should/can we recall McGilvary?
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:43 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
Only problem Boomer is we tried Lawrence on the wing at Milenium Magic and kept getting caught out of position as drifting into centers all the time.

Anyone seen seconds? have we any decent wingers there or should/can we recall McGilvary?

Mcgilvery is not up to standard as yet mate, he would at the moment be a huge step backward imo. That said he does have real potential, and i can certainly see him as part of our future plans.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:26 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
FLYINGPROP wrote:

Mcgilvery is not up to standard as yet mate, he would at the moment be a huge step backward imo. That said he does have real potential, and i can certainly see him as part of our future plans.

I reckon at the moment Cudjo is the best replacement we have, and at his age i dont think you can get too much rugby, I know It's not his position but It's preferable to being off the field, He doesn't seem to get a game unless Hodgeson is crocked, which i suppose is fair enough position wise, but at least he has a bit of pace, and when needs must.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE   SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE Empty

Back to top Go down

SOUNDS LIKE WE DID REASONABLE
Page 1 of 1