Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MAGIC WEEKEND !!

Go down 
+11
FLYINGPROP
reidy
bostock
adelaide-giant.no9
Gem Bob
Natalie-x
ponner
penninegiant
BO JANGLES
washy
DYSON28
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Just wondering what everyone thinks the numbers are going to be this weekend, will we expect to see a fair few claret&gold?? and if you are going where are you seated Neutral ive got west stand upper which is 'apparently' where most of our allocation has been sold?? MAGIC WEEKEND !! 21033 cannot wait Smile
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 7:11 pm

1000 tickets been sold by us so there will be a fair few of us! But unfortunately we'll be here there and everywhere!!

Where did you get that info from as I was speaking to Sue the ticket office manager and she couldn't say what had sold more only that we'd had many allocations sent for the reserved seating but I doubt these batches would be more than 200 at any one time!! The west upper section had the most tickets out of the reserved seating allocation, but we've got west and east lower too!! Plenty have been sold for the unreserved sections too!!

I bought the cheapest due to two factors 1) money and I was buying for my lad 2) easy access to the exits!!! Plus it's quite a steep terrace so a good view can be obtained from there!! Mnay have bought the upper thinking of the view but as I say the lower is higher than our own south stand!! It's not like at Cardiff!!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm off for a weeks golfing so wont be there but i hope all who are going have a good do, Hope the team do us proud and get back tp winning ways, If they treat this as anything but a difficult game they will get turned over IMO but after the last two weeks i dont believe they will be taking it lightly, good luck to all, Team and fans.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:24 pm

.......................and good luck to you too at St Andrews --Tiger! Smile --from all on the friendly forum!! Smile
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:29 pm

Shogun set off yesterday. But the speed he drives he might get to see the 2nd half of our game Wink
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-12-22

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:38 am

My mum set off at quarter to six this morning!
Gutted she has gone without me.. she has got the train with my Aunite and couple of rugby mates.
I have a free house till monday evening, anyone wanna party? Hahahaha Wink
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptyFri May 01, 2009 1:40 pm

have yer got ""sky"" and enough glasses (for drinks) for about 10 natalie?? Wink Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:58 pm

..........................its all gone quiet over there!!

yeah its all gone quiet over there
yeah its all gone quiet
yeah its all gone quiet
yeah its all gone quiet over there !!!!!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySat May 02, 2009 4:54 am

penninegiant wrote:
..........................its all gone quiet over there!!

yeah its all gone quiet over there
yeah its all gone quiet
yeah its all gone quiet
yeah its all gone quiet over there !!!!!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You not going up mate?

You know its wierd, at last years magic it seemed everyone i knew was going - i even bumped into Giants fans en masse (you and your posse included!)
Yet this year i don't seem to know many going.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:07 am

i hope you are all going to the grass market lol.. starting at the top pub paddy mulligans??
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySat May 02, 2009 2:09 pm

me and the family are at edinburgh in the fans zone on a bus,there are quite a lot of giants fans here.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySat May 02, 2009 2:09 pm

The stadium looks empty.
Back to top Go down
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySat May 02, 2009 2:59 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
The stadium looks empty.

Agreed. Not many there.
Back to top Go down
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:00 pm

penninegiant wrote:
have yer got ""sky"" and enough glasses (for drinks) for about 10 natalie?? Wink Very Happy Very Happy

SKY is on and it is just me,myself and I .. oh and the cats to keep me company!
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySat May 02, 2009 7:59 pm

For the boffins amongst us:

The first year Millenium Magic weekend was held it attracted a combined att of 58,000. The second year 64,000 (32,000 day 1)

The first day att at Muyrrayfield was 29,000.

So

Without tomorrows combined att (so this is all assumptions) and the increase of 6,000 fans between years one and two (even though in Wales the event was hardly marketed) assume another 6,000 fans half of which is 3,000. So at first indication the event is down by avg 6,000 people on 1 day potentially 12,000 over the weekend.
Now, if we also add on the fact there are 2 more teams this time round then potentially growth should have been even more. Ill not touch those figures since tomorrow the extra game is played.

Given that average crowds at most SL teams has increased at first glance Murrayfield looks to be a wet squib.

It will be interesting to see the combined att tomorrow. When i get those figures ill look at assumed yearly growth and the extra teams and come up with a nice round percentage of whether this year has been better or not.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySat May 02, 2009 8:12 pm

I suspect that this recession has loads to wi' it mate.
Especially as Leeds & Huddersfield are amongst the top 7 places in the country to suffer.
Needless to say as cheap as it is for the weekend, cash is a stark comodity for some at the mo.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySat May 02, 2009 8:35 pm

reidy wrote:
Especially as Leeds & Huddersfield are amongst the top 7 places in the country to suffer.
Needless to say as cheap as it is for the weekend, cash is a stark comodity for some at the mo.

Good point i hadn't factored that in. Ill look at the RPI and see if i can account for it.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:35 pm

reidy wrote:
That's exactly why I haven't gone this year. Been to all the Magic weekends up until now Sad
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySat May 02, 2009 10:31 pm

I'd also like to buy Gareth Hock a beer for sitting Sean Long on his derriere tonite lol!!!!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySat May 02, 2009 10:58 pm

reidy wrote:
I'd also like to buy Gareth Hock a beer for sitting Sean Long on his derriere tonite lol!!!!
He got a few clouts tonight mate. It was good to see Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:10 pm

ponner wrote:
reidy wrote:
He got a few clouts tonight mate. It was good to see Very Happy

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySun May 03, 2009 8:00 am

Sean Long was owned.

Big time.
Back to top Go down
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySun May 03, 2009 8:11 am

It is quite depressing knowing that my mum and facebook friends are already there and are on their way to Edinbrough, when Im alone for the weekend watching it on tv with the cats!

I laughed at Sean Long.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySun May 03, 2009 10:03 am

reidy wrote:

I thought Brian Carney's quote was pure class

"Hock is a hard man to stop, he's all arms legs and tattoo's coming at ya"

Loved it was lmao, enjoy listening to Carney when he's on, he was a bloody good player too
Back to top Go down
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! EmptySun May 03, 2009 10:27 am

My mum just rang me saying the players have arrived and they were led in by men and bagpipes and instruments. She also said Jamma took a pic of her! Hahaha. I so wanna be there. Gutted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAGIC WEEKEND !!   MAGIC WEEKEND !! Empty

Back to top Go down

MAGIC WEEKEND !!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next