Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5 props 4 places up for grabs?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

5 props 4 places up for grabs? Empty
PostSubject: 5 props 4 places up for grabs?   5 props 4 places up for grabs? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:46 am

We've now got 5 recognized decent props in Eorl, Griffin, Mason, Jackson and Korkidas. If Nathan goes down the same route as most coaches and starts with 2 and has 2 on the bench. Who'll miss out? For me I think it'll be Jackson, I've always liked his work rate and never takes a step backwards but I think he's the one who'll cause less damage to the opposition. Obviously injuries will occur and they'll all get their chance but who do you think Nathan will see as his top 4 props?
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: 5 props 4 places up for grabs?   5 props 4 places up for grabs? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 11:06 am

who no's 3 props on the bench!!!!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: 5 props 4 places up for grabs?   5 props 4 places up for grabs? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 11:15 am

I'd guess at 2 props a versatlie back, and second rower myself, although Crabtree and Mason have played in that position before.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: 5 props 4 places up for grabs?   5 props 4 places up for grabs? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 11:19 am

ponner wrote:
I'd guess at 2 props a versatlie back, and second rower myself, although Crabtree and Mason have played in that position before.
yes you are probably right,especially with all thoughs second row's we have Wink
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: 5 props 4 places up for grabs?   5 props 4 places up for grabs? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Prop is probably the hardest position on the park, so a bit of competition for places will do no harm whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: 5 props 4 places up for grabs?   5 props 4 places up for grabs? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Jacko is no lightweight, especially when you look at how many players he drags up the park attached to his legs!
He's a worker who has built himself a great reputation at the club.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: 5 props 4 places up for grabs?   5 props 4 places up for grabs? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:59 pm

ponner wrote:

Surely it would be two props, a hooker and a utility back/ forward ?
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: 5 props 4 places up for grabs?   5 props 4 places up for grabs? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 8:05 pm

As for Props i would probably play jacko and Griffin, Eorl . With mason and Korkidas swapping around .

Of the 5 props however i would proably say That Eorl and Griffin will be the first choices with the other three swapping around.

I would however look at all 5 props playing in certain games where we will need a strong pack with Eorl playing in the second row ie against Bradford and possibly catalans away.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: 5 props 4 places up for grabs?   5 props 4 places up for grabs? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 8:06 pm

Durham Giant wrote:
ponner wrote:

Surely it would be two props, a hooker and a utility back/ forward ?
Yeh maybe i didn't make myself clear. By versatile back i meant someone who can cover Hooker, stand off and scrum half if needed although as you state, he'll more than likely be used as the hooker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 props 4 places up for grabs?   5 props 4 places up for grabs? Empty

Back to top Go down

5 props 4 places up for grabs?
Page 1 of 1