Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Danny Brough

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Danny Brough Empty
PostSubject: Danny Brough   Danny Brough EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:03 pm

Not all bad news then , some one has at least had the sense to sign him up for a long term deal, He has been the outstanding player this season by a mile ( That's not to belittle some of the other players ) and it does tend to give the impression that the club are looking forward for a year or two yet.

Our league position shows that we are now a decent side, IMO our backs can hold their own with any other team when they are on form, If we could secure from somewhere A real quality half, And manage to put some steel in the forwards I reckon we would probably be the best side in the league.

The long term deal with Brough is a great start, I don't know how long Lunt has with us but ideally he needs to be long term as well, Personally i would like to see Broughton here and Murphy at fullback , as well as Robinson spelling Lunt.

There is now talk of Lawrence going to Bradford as well as Cording, don't know if either is true, But for me the problem with the forwards is more about attitude and style, they are as big and tough as any other team but they more often than not get bullied.

All in all a very good time to be announcing some good news, Considering Brough was going to be a problem when he came here , I would say lets have some more problems like him.
Back to top Go down
TerrierGiant
TerrierGiant

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2013-04-05

Danny Brough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Brough   Danny Brough EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Excellent news, no doubt Brough and Lunt have been the driving force of many giant wins this season. I too think we need to strengthen in the highlighted areas, no idea why we let Ferguson go though, we should be trying to keep forwards like him not letting him go. Broughton would be a great signing, lighting quick and not bad in defence. Let's hope that Wood too can show us more performances like his first half against Castleford. Overall it's a great time to be a giants fan
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Danny Brough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Brough   Danny Brough EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:33 pm

Great news. The best half in Super League and we've got him for a few more seasons. Lets hope we start to hear about one or two players coming in to really boost season ticket sales. Mind you nothing would boost season ticket sales more than winning the league or grand final. Fingers crossed we've used this mini break to great effect.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Danny Brough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Brough   Danny Brough EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:45 pm

matt01 wrote:
Great news. The best half in Super League and we've got him for a few more seasons. Lets hope we start to hear about one or two players coming in to really boost season ticket sales. Mind you nothing would boost season ticket sales more than winning the league or grand final. Fingers crossed we've used this mini break to great effect.

It's in our own hands Matt, surely the players and mr Anderson are aware of how important it is, I'm sure they are and will be doing there very best to bring it off, The Wakey and Bradford games are going to be huge.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Danny Brough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Brough   Danny Brough EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 7:01 pm

A 5 year deal,a bit of a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content