Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wire away in the cup

Go down 
+3
ponner
defleppard
matt01
7 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Wire away in the cup Empty
PostSubject: Wire away in the cup   Wire away in the cup EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:08 am

So we've drawn the team we probably have the worst recent record against and away. Couldn't be tougher really. It will probably be televised so lets hope we can show everyone we can beat the best.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Wire away in the cup   Wire away in the cup EmptySat May 18, 2013 10:26 am

Bad luck.

Tony Smith always seems to come up with a gameplan to beat us.Maybe we could turn the tables on him this time.

All four games are to be televised I believe Matt.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Wire away in the cup   Wire away in the cup EmptySat May 18, 2013 10:29 am

We've beaten them in knock out rugby before so there's no reason why we should be going there lacking confidence. Hope Giants and Wire can come to an agreement to offer low priced tickets again so we can take a good following.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Wire away in the cup   Wire away in the cup EmptySat May 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Never in the cup though Ponner. Hope the last game makes wire a bit complacent- but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Wire away in the cup   Wire away in the cup EmptySat May 18, 2013 1:41 pm

The game is some way off, so who knows what teams the clubs will be putting out by then , with injuries and such. Tony smith and the Wolves team will be thinking ,Great stuff we are at home to Giants, we are already in the next draw. They will make all the right noises about what a hard side we will be to beat, How tough it will be and how we owe them one, but secretly they will think they don't need to worry, they have had our number for some time, why should it change.
What better chance to mark their card, They are no better or stronger than Leeds, and Hull showed last night, just like we did against Leeds how to beat them, Concentrate 100/% on defence absorb everything they have to give and you can beat them, Every side , no matter how much they have to defend still get chances to score ( and they have to take them , just like the Leeds game )
I don't doubt their pack will get on top of ours just like last time, and they will be expecting to do just that, They may have an edge in the halves collectively and at Fullback ( depending on the teams on the day ), But that doesn't guarantee them scores, If you can deny teams like Wigan and Leeds for long periods, there is no need to fear Warrington, what is past is past and if we play the right game and beat them, then the Final it's self would be no tougher game and we would have every chance to beat whoever was there.
A good start to this game would be to forget it for now, go to Bradford next week and give them a good beating, set things up to pull in a big crowd for the saints game, I'm sure the big crowd against Leeds was a big factor, Getting crowds is very much like winning, you get a roll on and who knows where it ends, some people just want to watch winning sides, call them fair weather fans or whatever, I don't care as long as they turn up It's money in the till.
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Wire away in the cup   Wire away in the cup EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:11 am

I really think Anderson wants this cup and will have a gameplan up his sleeve for Warrington, all the players were confident before we played leeds in the last round. And playing away i think will be to our advantage our support away from home is much better and the noise created can hopefully lift the team and put us into the next round
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Wire away in the cup   Wire away in the cup EmptySun May 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Jools wrote:
Never in the cup though Ponner. Hope the last game makes wire a bit complacent- but I doubt it.
I did say knock out rugby which was in the play offs. Wink
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Wire away in the cup   Wire away in the cup EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:14 pm

Would rather have drawn Wigan.

Tony Smith studies what has made his opposition successful,then comes up with a game plan to counteract/frustrate that.Tactical genius?,or alternatively a negative approach.

Wigan wouldn't change their attacking style of play under any circumstances I don't think.

Let's hope for once our coaches can be one step ahead of Smith in terms of winning tactics.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Wire away in the cup   Wire away in the cup EmptyMon May 20, 2013 11:41 am

defleppard wrote:
Would rather have drawn Wigan.

Tony Smith studies what has made his opposition successful,then comes up with a game plan to counteract/frustrate that.Tactical genius?,or alternatively a negative approach.

Wigan wouldn't change their attacking style of play under any circumstances I don't think.

Let's hope for once our coaches can be one step ahead of Smith in terms of winning tactics.

Agree with that, Warrington are not quite the side they were a couple of years ago , Wigan are more that side today, So T Smith is cutting his cloth accordingly, Hopefully we will go there with the right attitude and we will have every chance to win, The harder Westwood and the like run , the harder you knock them down, usually if you keep knocking some one down they get fed up before you
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Wire away in the cup   Wire away in the cup EmptyMon May 20, 2013 2:10 pm

I am confident, but as Bo said earlier this game is a long way off, all sorts could change between now and then.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Wire away in the cup   Wire away in the cup EmptySat May 25, 2013 7:36 pm

Sunday 4pm kick off on BBC TV

Suits me,will be there,hope the weather is fine.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Wire away in the cup   Wire away in the cup EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 5:36 am

Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Wire away in the cup   Wire away in the cup EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:51 am

Nice video. Who will Wardle get against Wire? Sweepstake? Maybe Morley?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wire away in the cup   Wire away in the cup Empty

Back to top Go down

Wire away in the cup
Page 1 of 1