Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

@ Salford - R24

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

@ Salford - R24 Empty
PostSubject: @ Salford - R24   @ Salford - R24 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:48 am

Are we out of our slump now,or will tonight prove there is still some remedial work to do.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

@ Salford - R24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Salford - R24   @ Salford - R24 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:52 am

One game does not make it a total recovery, we do need to back the Cats performance up with another killer performance tonight. Iron out one or two of the smaller things and keep improving to hit our best form for the play-offs, then fingers crossed we can do what Leeds did last season.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

@ Salford - R24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Salford - R24   @ Salford - R24 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:38 pm

We were amateurish but pulled off a win against a very poor side. Just like the Wakey game, this wasn't SL standard from either team. Very poor indeed. But ATEOTD a win is a win.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

@ Salford - R24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Salford - R24   @ Salford - R24 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:06 pm

I think we're still a little short on confidence mate but hopefully the last 10 mins has given them belief we can put a game to bed at last. Salford aren't a bad side by any means although I wasn't there tonight due to work so I can't comment how well they played. Just a win is good enough for me and they'll be more confident next week after a run of 2 wins now.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

@ Salford - R24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Salford - R24   @ Salford - R24 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:24 am

Just about deserved to win,but in truth some of the bad habits of the slump seemed to have crept back into our game already after just one week.

Our intensity in the first up contact was well down compared to last week ,with the old failing of grabbing of the player up top,no one committing to go low around the legs,so the Salford players were getting the extra metres after contact.During the slump this lacklustre type tackling has cost us big time but fortunately Salford are nowhere near as dangerous a side without Matt Smith & Joel Moon,and they were not nearly as threatening when they tried to spread the ball as they were at the Magic.

The big change in the game was when Iafeta Paleaaesina came off the bench for SCR,his powerful drives really knocked us backwards and got Salford the field position to score 12 points and almost incredibly lead at HT.

Half two and I think PA had given the forwards a rocket,they came out much stronger and more determined and off the back of that we took the lead again.

Was worried about Paleaaesina returning in second half but he never did,must have got an injury.Salford still managed to bust us twice on our left edge to give us the jitters in the stands,but we finished the game stronger than them.

Broughy was definitely missed for his kicking as you would expect.

Overall deserved to win just,but the intensity has got to be raised a hell of a lot,back to last weeks level and more for these next three games or the outcome won't be as positive imo
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

@ Salford - R24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Salford - R24   @ Salford - R24 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:28 am

To win without Brough and with confidence so fragile. I will take it even if the performance didn't quite match that of the cats game. Hopefully they can put a better performance up against Bradford to cement sixth spot and a home play off game.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

@ Salford - R24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Salford - R24   @ Salford - R24 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:24 am

Bulls will be our Grand Final I believe. It's allegedly their last tilt in SL for a while (we'll see, eh Nige?) & they hate our guts so will be wanting a big win to rub our noses in it.

Huge game imo. A must win for Fartown. Win that & we have a slim chance v Leeds/Wire but lose & it's probably the slippery slope.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

@ Salford - R24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Salford - R24   @ Salford - R24 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:17 pm

sparky wrote:
Bulls will be our Grand Final I believe. It's allegedly their last tilt in SL for a while (we'll see, eh Nige?) & they hate our guts so will be wanting a big win to rub our noses in it.

Huge game imo. A must win for Fartown. Win that & we have a slim chance v Leeds/Wire but lose & it's probably the slippery slope.

Think this last week has indeed proved in no uncertain terms how much the WullyBully lot do indeed hate our guts.

I'm starting to get a bit stalled of all this the 'RL family' guff.If it went tats up for us we'd get little to no sympathy from that lot.

As for the game next week,if we play like we did last night we will get stuffed,if we play like the week before we will stuff them.Which Fartown team will turn up.Hope it's the latter.

Looks increasingly like we will be meeting Hull FC either home or away in the first week of the play offs.

First of all though let's slam Bradford.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

@ Salford - R24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Salford - R24   @ Salford - R24 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:21 pm

defleppard wrote:
sparky wrote:

Think this last week has indeed proved in no uncertain terms how much the WullyBully lot do indeed hate our guts.

I'm starting to get a bit stalled of all this the 'RL family' guff.If it went tats up for us we'd get little to no sympathy from that lot.

As for the game next week,if we play like we did last night we will get stuffed,if we play like the week before we will stuff them.Which Fartown team will turn up.Hope it's the latter.

Looks increasingly like we will be meeting Hull FC either home or away in the first week of the play offs.

First of all though let's slam Bradford.

You're not kidding! This last couple of weeks have been a real eye-opener for me. I mean I always knew the Bulls disliked us but I never really appreciated the depth of their contempt & mean-spirited nature.

They are now almost on a par with Wakey fans & their ridiculous hatred of us. Mad
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

@ Salford - R24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Salford - R24   @ Salford - R24 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:04 am

lets just hope they shut the door on the way out
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

@ Salford - R24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Salford - R24   @ Salford - R24 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:42 am

sparky wrote:

You're not kidding! This last couple of weeks have been a real eye-opener for me. I mean I always knew the Bulls disliked us but I never really appreciated the depth of their contempt & mean-spirited nature.

They are now almost on a par with Wakey fans & their ridiculous hatred of us. Mad

It's only an example of the old green eyed monster (jealousy) raising it's ugly head.

We have Sir Ken & the state of the art stadium,and they don't have anything similar,and that is what eats them up inside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

@ Salford - R24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Salford - R24   @ Salford - R24 Empty

Back to top Go down

@ Salford - R24
Page 1 of 1