Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Les Cats game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Les Cats game Empty
PostSubject: Les Cats game   Les Cats game EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:54 pm

What do you hope for out of this game?

I think a win is possible, but unlikely. We are second favourites going into this game.

I want to see some aggressive tackling, moving up quickly and getting in their faces. Anderson/Purtill and the captain(s) need to fire the team up and when/if heads drop during the game, those same guys need to help lift them to keep pushing for the full 80 minutes. The players need to want to play for each other.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Les Cats game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Les Cats game   Les Cats game EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:51 pm

I saw signs that things are on the up last Sunday. I really do think we'll pull off a win this Sunday.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Les Cats game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Les Cats game   Les Cats game EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:43 pm

ponner wrote:

I saw signs that things are on the up last Sunday. I really do think we'll pull off a win this Sunday.

I agree there was more effort, from some players at least, but in all honesty i saw nothing to suggest to me that our pack can put up any kind of show against the Dragons pack, I desperately hope I'm wrong, I think Matt has called it the way i see it, Possible but unlikely.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Les Cats game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Les Cats game   Les Cats game EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:38 am

BO JANGLES wrote:
ponner wrote:

I agree there was more effort, from some players at least, but in all honesty i saw nothing to suggest to me that our pack can put up any kind of show against the Dragons pack, I desperately hope I'm wrong, I think Matt has called it the way i see it, Possible but unlikely.

^ This - unfortunately.

If PA has read the riot act to the forwards (as in all honesty he should have) and they come out all guns blazing we might possibly just get the win.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Les Cats game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Les Cats game   Les Cats game EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:12 am

It would appear from comments in the press a few are going to get dropped. PA felt that despite some improvements there are a few who need to up the level. I guess we will see who is in and who is out v cats.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Les Cats game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Les Cats game   Les Cats game EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:47 am

matt01 wrote:
It would appear from comments in the press a few are going to get dropped. PA felt that despite some improvements there are a few who need to up the level. I guess we will see who is in and who is out v cats.

Yeah noticed that statement too.Not surprisingly PA noticed what occured last week just as much as the fans.
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Fa'alogo sit this one out.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Les Cats game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Les Cats game   Les Cats game EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:17 pm

The passion is back.

There are still one or two who could admit to being a bit below par and there were plenty of mistakes especially towards the end, but these are improvements that you would expect in a normal week and not the disasters we've been subjected to in the last few months.

Overall the effort was great, we tackled well and hard, going forward we hit the line hard and had plenty of willing runners. What have they been feeding Chan? The guy was an animal. Fa'alogo was a million times better than recent weeks too, apparently he was supposed to be the 18th man and Larne should have been in the 17.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Les Cats game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Les Cats game   Les Cats game EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:45 am

Totally dominated the Dragons,it was as though the last 9 or 10 bad weeks had never happened.

If we had shown more composure in the halves at times we could have scored 60 points.That is not meant as a criticism of the halves,who were much more efficient today.Just goes to show though if you can shift the ball out wide quick and efficiently with dummy runners going through there is always the chance of tries coming off the back of that.Grix is not a natural pivot imo,but has the potential to become a decent one.Possibly on too many occasions they were hitting the front runner or keeping hold of the ball,as this was the safest option,like I say if they would have fed Eden coming on the arc more than what they did I'm sure we would have racked up more points.

Totally different attitude from the forwards today from previous,much stronger in first up contact,second man coming in on the legs,and working the tackled player.

Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Les Cats game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Les Cats game   Les Cats game EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:57 am

Its much more enjoyable watching a team that is playing as a team. I wouldn't go as far as to say we've turned everything around, there were still one or two players looking half hearted at times, but nothing like we've had in recent weeks. We did miss a few opportunities to rack up more points, but I thought Grix was doing really well especially in broken play. Fuey looked much better too, we even got to see his trademark step and offload.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Les Cats game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Les Cats game   Les Cats game EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:57 pm

I assume that the forwards held their own then Matt, which is good considering how they have been, I was in a comp at Pontefract so missed it. I thought the crowd number was very creditable considering there would be none to speak of from Catalan, Hopefully they can push on at Salford and against the Bulls, If they can get the win at Salford there should be a decent crowd at home for Bradford.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Les Cats game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Les Cats game   Les Cats game EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:26 pm

I think our forwards did more than hold their own, especially in the first half when they dominated. Catalan probably got a roasting at half time because it was more even in the second half and we lost our way a bit towards the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Les Cats game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Les Cats game   Les Cats game Empty

Back to top Go down

Les Cats game
Page 1 of 1