Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

P Anderson

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

P Anderson Empty
PostSubject: P Anderson   P Anderson EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:03 pm

What are peoples thoughts on his appointment as head coach next year, Will he be any good ? will he need time to settle in? or has he been here long enough to be able to just carry on without a hitch? It would be interesting to know just how much involvement he has had with team selection for example, Maybe none at all, Who are the players he is keen to retain and who's face doesn't fit.

He was a fair player in his day, Both at Bradford and later at Saints with a fair turn of pace for 30/40 yds, As we all know a good player doesn't necessarily make a good coach but there have been plenty of exceptions to this . I still maintain that a coach's main asset is to be able to motivate a team, Whether Anderson can do this remains to be seen, I hope he can because if you can get the team wanting to play for you, You are more than half way there.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

P Anderson Empty
PostSubject: Re: P Anderson   P Anderson EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:25 pm

I think a lot will depend if he is anything to do with the current problems?

Because he is so close he might be the one who can see the solutions.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

P Anderson Empty
PostSubject: Re: P Anderson   P Anderson EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:36 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

P Anderson Empty
PostSubject: Re: P Anderson   P Anderson EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Old School wrote:
No.
Is that a no to will he be any good? Care to explain?
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

P Anderson Empty
PostSubject: Re: P Anderson   P Anderson EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Old School wrote:
No.

And is this No! he has had nothing to do with the present situation, No! he wont be any good as coach, or just a general No! that covers everthing.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

P Anderson Empty
PostSubject: Re: P Anderson   P Anderson EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:09 pm

No Wink
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

P Anderson Empty
PostSubject: Re: P Anderson   P Anderson EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Its a No from me too.....

but I will explain a bit more:

I have not been impressed in the little I have seen (I was on holiday for Catalans and Salford games). When there is a coaching change you expect a bit of a lift, the Wakey game was awful and Bradford even worse (albeit Alibert did not help) the fact remains Wakey and Bradford are nowhere near top sides.

Baloo appears to have carried on Nathan's habit of blaming players, contrast that with Tony Smith's comments after Warrington's defeat on friday where he took it on responsibility. It is a strange approach to try and instill confidence by public criticism. That is not to say he should not criticise them privately, but what he needs to do is not "manage" the players he needs to "lead" them. Keeping criticism within the group would be far far better.

Am I saying "get rid"? No not yet, Baloo has been given the job and should be afforded a decent period to get it right. In answer to Bo's initial question though, I am not impressed by the start of the Anderson era, I just hope he turns it around and makes my doubts look stupid.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

P Anderson Empty
PostSubject: Re: P Anderson   P Anderson EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:57 pm

Give the bloke a chance, 5 games is shocking to be questioning him, 4 years like brown had and I will take notice. By the way Brown didn't win us much so Baloo will be a hero if he gets a trophy within 4 years!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

P Anderson Empty
PostSubject: Re: P Anderson   P Anderson Empty

Back to top Go down

P Anderson
Page 1 of 1