Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

@ Castleford - R 20

Go down 
+2
BO JANGLES
defleppard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

@ Castleford - R 20 Empty
PostSubject: @ Castleford - R 20   @ Castleford - R 20 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:23 am

With the semi coming up a week Sunday,would you be looking to rest any players in this one?

I would give Eorl the weekend off,seeing as he has done two tough games in four days.Same goes for Broughy & Leroy in terms of playing both games.

Squad not named as yet,wonder if it's Doof's week to play or miss out.

Could do with the win to boost morale going into next week.Play anything like we did at Hull FC,and cut out the basic errors that should be good enough,but who knows after the way this campaign has gone.Lose and we will find it even harder to make the top 4 for the play offs.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: @ Castleford - R 20   @ Castleford - R 20 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:04 am

defleppard wrote:
With the semi coming up a week Sunday,would you be looking to rest any players in this one?

I would give Eorl the weekend off,seeing as he has done two tough games in four days.Same goes for Broughy & Leroy in terms of playing both games.

Squad not named as yet,wonder if it's Doof's week to play or miss out.

Could do with the win to boost morale going into next week.Play anything like we did at Hull FC,and cut out the basic errors that should be good enough,but who knows after the way this campaign has gone.Lose and we will find it even harder to make the top 4 for the play offs.

Although i accept that the Ccup is our only realistic chance of Silverwhere, I think a win at Castleford is vital for our credability, if we continue to lose games like these i think it will be disastrous for our league possition and all the knock on effects that come with it.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: @ Castleford - R 20   @ Castleford - R 20 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:38 pm

19 Man Squad - Eorl rested,Doof & Robbo return.Lee & Cording probably the ones to miss out.

Grix
Lawrence
Cudjoe
Gilmour
Brown
Brough
Robinson
Mason
O'Donnell
Fa'alogo
Faiumu
Patrick
Chan
Lee
George
Murphy
Cording
Eden
Moore
Back to top Go down
shelleygiant
Ballboy
Ballboy
shelleygiant

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: @ Castleford - R 20   @ Castleford - R 20 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:03 pm

We should be far too strong for Cas but who knows what's happening with us at the moment, weather forecast looks crap for Sunday which ain't going to help us and if players have one eye on the semi then i'm not over confident of a victory. I love the trip over to Cas, but after our crap performances over there in the last couple of seasons and our recent run of form I don't care how bad/well we play as long as we win.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: @ Castleford - R 20   @ Castleford - R 20 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Play with the same passion,but cut out the basic errors we witnessed at HFC we should be reet.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: @ Castleford - R 20   @ Castleford - R 20 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:47 am

I would be tempted to rest more than Crabtree, Brough and Leroy have also done a lot of minutes recently.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: @ Castleford - R 20   @ Castleford - R 20 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:22 pm

Well -it seems consistency isnt a problem

Sorry --but I think its well and truly back to the drawing board --and someone is taking the p ....sorry............mickey!!

well Swag not gloating but one day --they will believe us pal !!

Not gloating --but some o these young uns have SUCH A LOT TO LEARN!!! Wink

Is there ANY pride down there

If you wish NB MILES away ( and just now I do) --ignore him and play YOUR OWN game --It cant be any worse than this !!!!!

Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: @ Castleford - R 20   @ Castleford - R 20 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:20 pm

Well Brown has apologised for the performance, so everything is fine now. Move on.

The guy should step down, resign, not wait to be sacked and take another wedge of money.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: @ Castleford - R 20   @ Castleford - R 20 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:08 am

NB has indeed apologised while also suggesting that the players are to blame, that isn't leadership, which will certainly be a part of the problem.

The Guy thinks he's clever, but keeps making the same mistakes, he ain't clever, not at all.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: @ Castleford - R 20   @ Castleford - R 20 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:06 am

It was blatantly obvious that the players minds yesterday were focussed only on the semi final.

In many ways I think the RFL has to take it's fair share of the blame for the way the CC is scheduled.Three rounds in a short space of time and then a two month wait for the semi final,totally ridiculous.

If you believe as a club that your best shot at silverware is the cc knock out comp,it's only natural you tend to focus more on that.Yes we know the players should have pride every time they pull on the jersey,but it's got to be more difficult as a player to get yourself psyched for a run of the mill game,when you know the most crucial game of the season is the next one on the horizon.

Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: @ Castleford - R 20   @ Castleford - R 20 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:15 am

Nah, simply can't accept the Focussed on the semi excuse.

Were we focussed on the semi at Widnes, at the Magic weekend or home to HKR

Sadly the Giants are lacking three things right now which as a team we cannot perform consistantly well without:

Leadership
Discipline
Props

Ultimately those things are all the responsibility of the head coach.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: @ Castleford - R 20   @ Castleford - R 20 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:28 pm

....and some personal pride I would add to that fella

Focussed on semi --well see on Monday next!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: @ Castleford - R 20   @ Castleford - R 20 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:06 am

Cas deserve a lot of credit for the way they played.

Jamie Ellis was sensational as their pivot,incredible he could produce a display like that on debut,he looked like a 3 or 4 season veteran.Cas runners seemed to know instinctively where to be to come onto his passes.Ellis has worked with Millward before though suppose that helps.

Yet again we can't produce a similar type structured attack.Our only try came from a bomb,and the golden chance that got butchered by Brown & Brough which led to the intercept came off a typical Fooey break up the middle.

Have to say though the first Cas try was definitely from a forward pass,and there is no doubt about it because it took place directly on our 10 metre line.Owen passes from behind our 10 metre line,and Clare catches well in front of the 10 metre line.The TJ was right in line too,but with baying Cas fans at his back bottled it.Wouldn't normally have mentioned it,as we got what we deserved from this game,absolutely nothing,yet that was the opening try,if that had been chalked off as it should then who knows it possibly could have changed things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: @ Castleford - R 20   @ Castleford - R 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

@ Castleford - R 20
Page 1 of 1